SLOW-COOKER BEEF STEW RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
When there's a chill in the air, nothing beats this Crock-Pot beef stew. Seasoned with thyme and dry mustard, the hearty slow-cooker beef stew is chock-full of tender carrots, potatoes and meat. —Earnestine Wilson, Waco, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 07 hours 25 minutes
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 07 hours 00 minutes
Yield 8 servings (2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Layer the potatoes, carrots, onion and celery in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Place flour in a large shallow dish. Add stew meat; turn to coat evenly. In a large skillet, brown meat in oil in batches. Place over vegetables., In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, broth, mustard, salt, pepper, thyme and, if desired, browning sauce. Pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours, or until the meat and vegetables are tender. If desired, sprinkle with fresh thyme before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 272 calories, FatContent 12g fat (3g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 53mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 541mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, FiberContent 4g fiber), ProteinContent 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges 2 lean meat
SLOW COOKER PULLED PORK RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Pork simmered in root beer makes all the difference. Topped with your favorite BBQ sauce, it's sure to bring rave reviews.
Provided by Livie's Mommy
Categories Pulled Pork
Total Time 7 hours 10 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 7 hours 0 minutes
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, 6 to 7 hours. Note: the actual length of time may vary according to individual slow cooker. Drain well. Stir in barbecue sauce. Serve over hamburger buns.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 335.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 49.4 g, CholesterolContent 49.1 mg, FatContent 5 g, FiberContent 1.5 g, ProteinContent 21.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.4 g, SodiumContent 990.1 mg, SugarContent 21.3 g
More about "slow cooker braised beef recipe recipes"
EASY SLOW-COOKER POT ROAST RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 110 minutes
Calories 354 calories per serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown roast in oil on all sides. Place carrots, potatoes and onion in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Place roast on top of vegetables; sprinkle with steak seasoning. Add broth. Cook, covered, on low 10-12 hours, until beef and vegetables are tender. , Remove roast and vegetables from slow cooker; keep warm., Transfer cooking juices to a saucepan; skim fat. Bring juices to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with roast and vegetables.
BEEF BRISKET SLOW COOKER RECIPE - KITCHN
Total Time 0S
Category Main dish, Dinner, Pot roast, Meat dish
Calories 710 cal per serving
- Serving and storing the brisket. Transfer the brisket to a clean cutting board. If desired, use a spoon to scrape the fat cap off. Now you can slice and serve the brisket immediately, or slice the brisket and return it to the slow cooker to cool and then refrigerate — this is ideal for serving the dish to guests or if you’d like to remove more fat from the dish since it will harden. Serve the brisket with the potatoes, carrots, and a generous spoonful of the cooked onion and sauce.
SLOW-COOKER SHORT RIBS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 06 hours 45 minutes
Calories 250 calories per serving
- Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. In batches, brown ribs on all sides; transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Add carrots, broth, thyme and bay leaf to ribs., Add onions to the same skillet; cook and stir over medium heat 8-9 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and tomato paste; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook 8-10 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Add to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender., Remove ribs and vegetables; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan; skim off fat. Discard thyme and bay leaf. Bring juices to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Return to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. If desired, sprinkle with additional salt and pepper. Serve with ribs and vegetables.
31 CROWD-PLEASING EASY SLOW-COOKER RECIPES | REAL SIMPLE
SLOW-COOKER BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - TODAY.COM
SLOW COOKER BARBECUE BEEF SHORT RIBS RECIPE
CROCK POT BRAISED SHORT RIBS RECIPE - EASY SLOW COOKER ...
ITALIAN SLOW COOKER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SLOW-COOKER BEEF RAGU RECIPE - MARTHA STEWART
SLOW COOKER HEARTY BEEF STEW - SWANSON
SLOW COOKER RISOTTO RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
BEST SLOW COOKER RECIPES - OLIVEMAGAZINE.COM
SLOW COOKER BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
90 LOW CALORIE SLOW COOKER RECIPES FOR A NIGHT IN | TASTE ...