VEGETARIAN SHEPHERDS PIE (FOR ONE) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
This hearty vegetarian dish is a single serving. I bake it in a disposable mini loaf pan. I'm not sure if anyone is interested in single serving dishes, but I'm putting it online for my own personal use. This is my first recipe I've shared, and I'm posting it to use my ingredient list on supercook.com. I've never honestly measured any of the ingredients to make this, except for when making the instant mashed potatoes. You may notice that those ingredients differ slightly from what your package says. Since I use skim milk, I increase the milk and decrease the water, so it's the same amount of liquid without being too watered down. You could also use leftover mashed potatoes. As for the vegetables, you can really use whatever sounds good to you. This is my favorite combination for this dish, and sometimes I throw in a bit of frozen corn. Also, I prefer portabella mushrooms, but have used white mushrooms. Lastly, I usually make a few of these at a time and freeze whatever I'm not eating right away. I just let it all cool in the loaf pan and then put the whole thing in a quart-size freezer bag. If cooking from frozen, I recommend covering with foil and baking for about 30 minutes, then uncovering and adding the parmesan at this point and baking for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Total Time 40 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat water, milk and 2 tablespoons butter on stove or in microwave, just to a boil.
- Stir in potato flakes, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. (Do not over-mix).
- Heat olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon butter in saute pan over med heat.
- Add onions and caramelize.
- Add mushrooms to saute. When mushrooms are about halfway finished, add garlic and thyme.
- Once mushrooms are nicely sauteed, add zucchini, yellow squash and carrots, in that order, stirring a bit between adding ingredients.
- Add red wine balsamic vinegar and worcestershire sauce, and reduce to a nicely thickened sauce.
- Spread potatoes in mini loaf pan along bottom and sides.
- Spoon in vegetable mixture.
- Top with remaining mashed potatoes, spread from edge to edge. (You may have a bit extra potatoes or veggies depending on the size of your pan.).
- Top with parmesan cheese and bake until golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 834.7, FatContent 40.9, SaturatedFatContent 21.1, CholesterolContent 85.7, SodiumContent 2937.2, CarbohydrateContent 94, FiberContent 9, SugarContent 11.6, ProteinContent 22.2
HEARTY SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
If you want to give beef a break, try our recipe for this comfort-food classic that's made with lamb. Another twist on tradition: Shepherd's pie is usually made in a single dish but you can streamline family dinner by making individual ramekins.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Pie & Tarts Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Have ready six 1 1/2-cup (12-ounce) ramekins or a 2 1/2-quart casserole. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat; add salt. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain in a colander. Pass through a potato ricer or a food mill and into a large bowl. Cover and keep warm.
- While potatoes cook, pour oil into a large skillet; place over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, celery, and carrots; cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are translucent, about 10 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook until softened, about 7 minutes. Stir in lamb, tomato paste, beef stock, and oregano; season with salt and pepper. Cook until mixture bubbles and thickens, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat; divide mixture among ramekins. Set aside.
- Warm milk and butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Pour into potatoes; season with salt and pepper, and stir until combined and smooth. Divide, spread, and swirl about 1 cup of potatoes in each ramekin, over lamb mixture, covering surface. Place ramekins on a baking pan, and bake until potatoes are golden, 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand about 5 minutes, and serve.
More about "single serving shepherd's pie recipes"
CHICKEN & MUSHROOM SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Total Time 1 hours 15 minutes
Category Healthy Chicken Leftover Recipes
Calories 353.3 calories per serving
- Place the baking dish on a baking sheet. Bake until the potatoes are browned in spots and the filling is bubbling, 30 to 35 minutes.
THANKSGIVING LEFTOVERS TURKEY SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 1 hours
Calories 578.7 per serving
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
SINGLE SERVING SHEPHERD'S PIE | MOTHER WOULD KNOW
SINGLE SERVE SHEPHERD'S PIE - NEBRASKA STAR BEEF
SHEPHERDS PIE FOR ONE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
SINGLE SERVING SHEPHERDS PIE | THE MCCALLUM'S SHAMROCK PATCH
THIS SHEPHERD’S PIE RECIPE FOR ONE PERSON IS SO EASY, YOU ...
SINGLE SERVING LEFTOVER MASH POTATO SHEPHERD'S PIES ...
SINGLE SERVING SHEPHERD'S PIE | MOTHER WOULD KNOW | RECIPE ...
CLASSIC SHEPHERD'S PIE | ALLRECIPES
CLASSIC SHEPHERD'S PIE | ALLRECIPES
MOM'S SINGLE SERVE INSTANT POTATO SHEPHERD'S PIE - FOUR ...
INDIVIDUAL SHEPHERD'S PIES - CUPCAKES & KALE CHIPS
DR. RACHEL'S FAVORITE LOW-FODMAP SHEPHERD'S PIE; GLUTEN ...
CALORIES IN HOMEMADE SHEPHERD'S PIE - CALORIE, FAT, CARB ...
20 GREAT BACKPACKING MEAL RECIPES & FOOD DEHYDRATION TIPS ...
SHEPHERD'S PIE TEMPERATURE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
FREEZER SHEPHERD'S PIE - AWAY FROM THE BOX
WHOLE30 SHEPHERD'S PIE (PALEO, GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE ...
EASY LOW CARB SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE - LOW CARB INSPIRATIONS