SCOTTISH SHORTBREAD III RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
My mother is from Scotland and this is her authentic Scottish shortbread recipe. It makes bars, not cookies!
Provided by deleteduser
Categories Scottish Recipes
Total Time 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Yield 6 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Cream butter and sugar with mixer. Add flour and mix with a wooden spoon. Use hands to thoroughly mix.
- Press into a jelly roll pan. Prick to bottom all over with a fork being sure the fork hits the bottom and the pricks are close together.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 300 and continue to bake for 40 minutes more. Wait 2 minutes then cut into finger size bars. Cool thoroughly in pan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 18.8 g, CholesterolContent 27.1 mg, FatContent 10.4 g, FiberContent 0.5 g, ProteinContent 1.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 6.5 g, SodiumContent 1.7 mg, SugarContent 5.6 g
SCOTTISH SHORTBREAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
My mother, who is of Scottish heritage, passed this shortbread recipe, along with other favorite recipes, on to me. When I entered this treat at our local fair, it won a red ribbon. —Rose Mabee, Selkirk, Manitoba
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 35 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Yield about 4 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add 3-3/4 cups flour; mix well. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead for 5 minutes, adding enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. , On a sheet of parchment paper, roll dough to a 16x9-inch rectangle. Transfer to a baking sheet, and cut into 3x1-in. strips. Prick each cookie multiple times with a fork. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or overnight. , Separate cookies and place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until cookies are lightly browned, 20-25 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 123 calories, FatContent 8g fat (5g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 20mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 62mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 1g protein.
More about "scottish bread recipes"
SCOTTISH BLACK BUN RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
Total Time 2 hours 40 minutes
Cuisine British recipes
Calories 361kcals per serving
- Remove the black bun from the tin, then cut into slices to serve.
SCOTTISH OAT CAKES - BBC GOOD FOOD
Total Time 40 minutes
- Place the oat cakes on a baking tray and bake for appprox. 20-30mins. or until slightly golden brown.
BRAVE – SWEET SCOTTISH BUNS, SPELL CAKE, HAGGIS | DISNEYMEALS
SMOKED SALMON RECIPES - BBC FOOD
100 RECIPES FOR HOMEMADE BREAD | TASTE OF HOME
SCOTTISH OAT SCONES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
SCONE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
THE BEST BURNS NIGHT RECIPES TO COOK FOR A TRADITIONAL ...
11 AUTHENTIC (AND SIMPLE) SCOTTISH RECIPES TO KEEP ...
TRADITIONAL SCOTTISH TATTIE SCONES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SCOTCH EGGS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
TRADITIONAL SCOTCH BROTH SOUP RECIPE - SCOTTISH RECIPES
SCOTTISH OATMEAL PORRIDGE - BOB'S RED MILL NATURAL FOODS