BEEF WITH SCALLIONS RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Provided by Craig Claiborne
Total Time 10 minutes
Yield 6 or more servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut the flank steak crosswise in half, and place each half on a flat surface. Holding a knife or cleaver parallel to the center of the meat, cut the steak in half. Stack the halves and cut the meat crosswise into very thin shreds.
- Put the meat into a mixing bowl. Blend the soy sauce, wine and sugar, and pour the mixture over the meat. Blend with the fingers.
- Heat half of the oil in a wok or skillet, and when it is very hot, add the beef mixture, garlic, ginger and salt. Cook about 30 seconds over very high heat, stirring constantly. Spoon the mixture into a serving dish.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok or skillet, and add the scallions. Cook, stirring rapidly, about 20 seconds. Scatter the scallions over the beef and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http//schema.org, Calories 217, UnsaturatedFatContent 13 grams, CarbohydrateContent 4 grams, FatContent 16 grams, FiberContent 1 gram, ProteinContent 13 grams, SaturatedFatContent 3 grams, SodiumContent 217 milligrams, SugarContent 1 gram, TransFatContent 0 grams
BEEF AND SCALLION STIR-FRY RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
Hoisin sauce has a rich, sweet flavor; look for it in the Asian section of your market.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Beef Recipes
Total Time 25 minutes
Prep Time 25 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small bowl, whisk together 3/4 cup water, hoisin sauce, vinegar, cornstarch, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat. In two batches, cook steak until lightly browned, turning once, about 2 minutes per batch. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining teaspoon oil to pan along with garlic and whites of scallions. Cook, tossing often, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Whisk hoisin mixture to combine; add to pan along with scallion greens.
- Return meat to pan; cook, tossing to coat steak with sauce, 1 minute. Remove from heat. Serve immediately, over rice and sprinkled with red-pepper flakes, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : FatContent 17 g, FiberContent 1 g, ProteinContent 31 g
More about "scallion beef recipes"
MONGOLIAN BEEF WITH SCALLIONS RECIPE - JUSTIN CHAPPLE ...
Total Time 45 minutes
- Add the ginger and garlic to the wok and stir-fry over high heat until golden, about 1 minute. Add the sirloin and scallions and stir-fry over high heat until the scallions just start to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the soy sauce mixture and stir-fry over high heat until the sauce has thickened, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the Mongolian beef over steamed rice, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
SCALLION-GINGER BEEF & BROCCOLI RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Total Time 30 minutes
Category Healthy Sirloin Steak Recipes
Calories 440.5 calories per serving
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large flat-bottom wok or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steak and cook, stirring once, until browned, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a clean plate. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and broccoli; cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in scallions, ginger and garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Whisk the tamari mixture and add it, along with the beef, back to the pan; cook until the sauce thickens, about 1 minute. Serve over brown rice and garnish with crushed red pepper, if desired.
BEEF TENDERLOIN WITH SCALLION SALSA VERDE RECIPE | GIADA ...
Total Time 55 minutes
- Sprinkle the tenderloin with flake salt and serve with the scallion sauce.
PAN-FRIED BEEF AND SCALLION DUMPLINGS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Total Time 45 minutes
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add 2 teaspoons of the sesame oil; swirl to coat. Arrange 12 dumplings in skillet; cook until well browned on bottom, about 2 minutes. Add 1/3 cup water to skillet; cover, and cook 4 minutes. Uncover, and cook 1 minute, or until liquid evaporates. Transfer dumplings to a plate, and cover to keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 teaspoons sesame oil, remaining 12 dumplings, and remaining 1/3 cup water. Drizzle dumplings with crushed red pepper oil mixture, and sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds.
BEEF AND SCALLION BITES | RECIPES | WW USA
Total Time 19 minutes
Calories 23 kcal per serving
- To serve, skewer 1 piece beef and 1 piece scallion on each of 24 wooden tooth picks or small skewers. Yields 3 skewers per serving.
MARVEL'S BEEF AND SCALLION ROLLS (NEGIMAKI) RECIPE ...
Total Time 25 minutes
Category Appetizers and Snacks, Meat and Poultry, Beef
Calories 111.6 calories per serving
- Add soy sauce, sugar, sake, and dashi to the skillet and cook, rolling beef to coat, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer beef to a plate and increase heat to reduce liquid, 3 to 5 minutes. Add mirin and return beef rolls to the skillet, rolling until well coated and heated through. Slice rolls in half to serve.
CHINESE SCALLION PANCAKES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 1 hours 45 minutes
Category Appetizers and Snacks
Calories 365.9 calories per serving
- Heat about 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Place 1 disk on a floured surface and roll into a 1/2-inch thick round; cook in the hot oil until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining disks.
SCALLION BEEF STIR-FRY CHINATOWN FAVORITE - THE WOKS OF LIFE
ONION SCALLION BEEF (BETTER THAN CHINATOWN) - RASA MALAYSIA
SCALLION BEEF STIR FRY (????) - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
SCALLION BEEF – GOING MY WAYZ - OVER 800 EASY RECIPES
SCALLION & GINGER SCENTED BEEF BROTH RECIPE - CUISINART.COM
SCALLION BEEF BOOM-FRY | ???? • CHOOCHOO-CA-CHEW
GINGER SCALLION BEEF STIR-FRY RECIPE - ANGEL WONG'S ...
SCALLION GINGER BEEF AND TOFU STIR-FRY - THE WOKS OF LIFE
BEEF NEGIMAKI (JAPANESE STEAK AND SCALLION ROLLS ...
TAIWANESE SCALLION PANCAKE BEEF ROLLS - ANGEL WONG'S ...
GLAZED SCALLION RECIPES | RECIPEBRIDGE RECIPE SEARCH
KIMCHEE BEEF SCALLION PANCAKES RECIPE | MING TSAI | FOOD ...