SAUTEED CHICKEN WITH CHERRY TOMATOES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Adapted from Spices of Life by Nina Simonds.The wine and shallots make this delicious. It is quick to prepare and great for people watching their calories.
Total Time 40 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat 12 inch skillet, Dutch oven or casserole with lid. Pour in oil and heat until quite hot. Line pan with a batch of chicken breasts and fry over high heat until golden brown on one side, about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Turn over and brown other side. Remove with tongs and continue browning remaining pieces. Set chicken aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, put garlic and shallots in pan, and saute until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add oregano, white wine, salt and pepper and saute uncovered about 4 to 4 1/2 minutes, shaking pan from time to time.Add tomatoes and return chicken to pan, cover and cook about 10 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is done. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Scoop chicken out onto a platter and serve with rice or over mashed potatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 243, FatContent 9.9, SaturatedFatContent 1.6, CholesterolContent 72.6, SodiumContent 526.6, CarbohydrateContent 7.6, FiberContent 1.1, SugarContent 1.8, ProteinContent 25.3
CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Saltimbocca's name means to “jump in the mouth” with flavor. It is a restaurant dish, but at home on a weeknight, a chicken breast version makes a very tasty facsimile. Pound the chicken and marinate it in a mixture of chopped sage, garlic and olive oil, then brown it quickly before it goes under the broiler with cheese and a slice of prosciutto. Fried sage leaves make a savory garnish. There’s no sauce. Wilted spinach is the best accompaniment by far. Actually, it fits right in with the current nostalgic trend toward retro Italian-American cooking.
Provided by David Tanis
Total Time 30 minutes
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Using a meat mallet, pound the chicken to flatten a bit. Salt and pepper each piece on both sides and place on a platter. Sprinkle with chopped sage, garlic, red pepper flakes (if using) and olive oil. Massage in the seasoning to distribute, cover and marinate at room temperature for one hour, or refrigerate for up to several hours.
- Heat a wide skillet over medium heat and add 3 tablespoons olive oil. When the oil looks wavy, add the sage leaves and let them crisp for about 30 seconds. Remove and drain.
- Brown the chicken breasts in the oil for about 2 minutes per side, then transfer to a baking dish large enough to fit them in one layer.
- Top each piece with 2 sage leaves, a slice of prosciutto and a slice of fontina. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes, until the cheese is bubbling. Garnish with remaining sage leaves.
Nutrition Facts : @context http//schema.org, Calories 264, UnsaturatedFatContent 5 grams, CarbohydrateContent 5 grams, FatContent 12 grams, FiberContent 3 grams, ProteinContent 33 grams, SaturatedFatContent 5 grams, SodiumContent 405 milligrams, SugarContent 0 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams
45 SIMPLE CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
TOP 50 BEST BONELESS CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES
QUICK AND EASY SAUTEED SPINACH RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
MONTEREY CHICKEN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
39 CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES YOU'LL ACTUALLY WANT TO COOK ...
THE BEST CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES FOR DINNER (100 DELICIOUS ...