CURTIDO (EL SALVADORAN CABBAGE SALAD) RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
- Combine the cabbage and carrot in a large bowl and pour the boiling water over the mixture. Allow the mixture to steep for 5 minutes; drain well. Return the cabbage and carrots to the bowl. Mix in the green onion, vinegar, 1/2 cup of water, and oregano. Toss until all ingredients are combined. Chill for 20 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 50.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 11.3 g, FatContent 0.3 g, FiberContent 4.7 g, ProteinContent 2.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.1 g, SodiumContent 47 mg, SugarContent 5.7 g
SALVADORIAN ROASTED TURKEY | ALLRECIPES
My Salvadorian mother-in-law taught me this recipe, and it's become our family's favorite. I want everyone to enjoy it like we do!
Provided by JENNF45
Total Time 3 hours 45 minutes
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 3 hours 20 minutes
Yield 1 turkey
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place an oven rack in the topmost position and preheat oven on the broil setting. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place tomatoes and bell pepper onto the baking sheet, cut-side down. Broil on top rack of preheated oven until the skins begin to blacken, about 5 minutes. Place charred vegetables into a bowl and seal with plastic wrap to steam until their skins loosen. Lower oven rack to accommodate a roasting pan, and turn oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Meanwhile, pour vegetable oil into a roasting pan (or skillet large enough to fit the turkey), and place over medium-high heat. When hot, add the turkey and sear on all sides until browned, about 10 minutes. Once the turkey has been browned, place breast side up into the roasting pan, and stuff with quartered apples and olives. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ancho chiles, pumpkin seeds, and bay leaves. Cook and stir until the pumpkin seeds begin to smell toasted, about 5 minutes, then pour the mixture into a blender.
- Once the tomatoes and peppers have steamed enough that the skins have loosened, remove and discard the skins. Place tomatoes, green peppers, and onion into the blender with the pumpkin seeds. Blend until you have a thick, smooth sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste, adding a little liquid from the olives if desired.
- Brush the sauce onto the turkey, and place into preheated oven. Cook until a meat thermometer inserted in the meaty part of the thigh reads 180 degrees F (80 degrees C), about 3 hours, basting occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 662 calories, CarbohydrateContent 7.9 g, CholesterolContent 223.5 mg, FatContent 33.3 g, FiberContent 2.3 g, ProteinContent 79.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 8.8 g, SodiumContent 471.5 mg, SugarContent 3.6 g
PANES CON PAVO (PAN CON CHUMPE) - SALVADORAN RECIPE | 196 ...
OUR 50 BEST SANDWICHES FROM AROUND THE WORLD
RECIPES - REAL CALIFORNIA MILK
EMPANADAS VEGGIE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
SCRAPPLE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
RECIPES - MY BIG FAT CUBAN FAMILY
RECIPES - BUZZFEED
10 BEST TURKEY DRUMSTICKS RECIPES | YUMMLY
[SOLVED] LAB 9: SETS IN THE JAVA COLLECTION FRAMEWORK FOR ...
[LIBLOUIS-LIBLOUISXML] RE: LIST OF UEB WORDS - FREELISTS
RESIDENTS PORTAL | COMMUNITIES IN MANITOBA