SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE | ALLRECIPES
It may be blasphemy to say that hot fudge isn't the ultimate warm ice cream topping, but after tasting this amazing salted caramel sauce, that's exactly what I'm suggesting.
Provided by Chef John
Categories Side Dish Sauces and Condiments Sauces Dessert Sauce Recipes
Total Time 25 minutes
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place sugar in a heavy-bottomed saucepan set over medium-high heat. Stir continuously until sugar begins to melt. Continue stirring until the sugar melts completely, begins to darken and all the chunks are dissolved, about 10 minutes. Stop stirring and continue to cook until the sugar begins to smoke and turns a dark shade of amber, 3 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and wait 30 seconds.
- Whisk in butter until melted and combined. Slowly pour in 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon cream, taking care because it can bubble over. Sprinkle in salt and stir to combine. Transfer sauce to a jar and cool completely before refrigerating.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 214.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 25.4 g, CholesterolContent 40.7 mg, FatContent 13 g, ProteinContent 0.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 8.2 g, SodiumContent 97.1 mg, SugarContent 25 g
SALTED CARAMEL CHEESECAKE RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Our make-ahead salted caramel cheesecake means you can serve up a showstopper, save time in the kitchen and spend time with your guests
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Total Time 1 hours 5 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Yield cuts into 12 slices
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter a 23cm springform cake tin and line the base with baking parchment. Tip the biscuits into a food processor, blitz to crumbs and pour in the melted butter. (You could also tip the biscuits into a bag, bash with a rolling pin into crumbs and mix in the butter.) Press the biscuit mixture into the base of the tin – the easiest way to do this is by flattening it with your hand under a sheet of cling film. Place the tin on a tray and bake for 10 mins, then remove from the oven to cool.
- Meanwhile, scrape the cream cheese into a bowl with 3 tbsp of the caramel sauce, the vanilla, sugar and flour, and beat until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until you have a thick, smooth custard consistency. Tip over the base, scraping the bowl clean, and bake in the oven for 10 mins. Reduce the temperature to 140C/120C fan/gas 1 and continue to bake for 25-30 mins until there is a slight wobble in the centre. Turn off the heat and leave the door just slightly ajar – a tea towel holding the door open is ideal. This should leave you with a completely smooth top, but if there are a couple of small cracks, don’t worry. Leave the cheesecake in the oven until completely cool (overnight is fine), then chill until needed. Will keep in the fridge for two days.
- On the day, loosen the sides of the cheesecake from the tin with a knife and remove the base (although I usually serve it straight from the tin base). Add a large pinch of flaky sea salt to the rest of the caramel sauce, then spoon it over the cake and swirl with the back of the spoon. The cheesecake will sit happily on a stand at room temperature for a couple of hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with extra sea salt, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 435 calories, FatContent 26 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 16 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 41 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 31 grams sugar, FiberContent 1 grams fiber, ProteinContent 9 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.7 milligram of sodium
More about "salted caramel cakes recipes"
SALTED CARAMEL BROWNIES RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Total Time 50 minutes
Category Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Calories 345 calories per serving
- Let it cool completely in the tin, then cut into squares.
SALTED CARAMEL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 30 minutes
Category Desserts, Cookies, Chocolate Cookie Recipes
Calories 178 calories per serving
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are golden brown, 13 to 15 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
SALTED CARAMEL BROWNIES | JAMIE OLIVER
Total Time 55 minutes
Calories 344 calories per serving
- Start by making your caramel. Split the vanilla pod lengthways, scrape out the seeds, then place into a pan.
- Combine with the cream, half of the butter and a good pinch of sea salt. Cook, whisking, over a low heat for about 2 to 3 minutes until it’s just bubbling, then take the pan off the heat and set aside.
- Place the caster sugar and golden syrup in a medium heavy-based pan over a low heat. Don’t stir, just gently swirl the pan to help dissolve the sugar.
- Turn up the heat to medium and keep swirling until the sugar turns into a golden caramel.
- Take the pan off the heat. Discard the vanilla pod from the hot milk, then stir in the caramel with a wooden spoon.
- Return it to a low heat while you stir in the remaining butter, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Scrunch up a large piece of greaseproof paper, make it wet (shake off the excess), then use it to line a 20cm x 30cm baking tin.
- Pour in the caramel, sprinkle with another pinch of salt, and place it on a tea towel in the fridge for 30 minutes, until you have a thick, gooey caramel.
- Once the caramel has been chilling for 15 minutes, start the brownies. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4. Grease and line another 20cm x 30cm baking tin.
- Melt the butter in a pan over a low heat. Chop and stir in the chocolate until it’s melted, then remove from the heat and stir in the sugar.
- Once cooled slightly, whisk in the eggs, then sift and fold in the flour until incorporated. Pour the mixture into the tin.
- Take your caramel from the fridge, scoop out spoonfuls and dot them into the brownie mixture, pressing to submerge. Once you have a third of the caramel left, drizzle it on top, using your spoon to ripple it through.
- Bake the brownies in the oven for about 25 minutes, or until cooked but still a bit gooey.
- Leave to cool for 1 hour, cut into squares and serve.
EASY FUDGE RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER EDIBLE GIFTS RECIPES
Total Time 30 minutes
Calories 97 calories per serving
- Melt 200g of the sugar in a pan over a medium heat until golden, then beat in 400g more, along with the double cream, butter and 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Cook, stirring, over a medium-high heat, until it reaches 118ºC on a sugar thermometer (always be careful when boiling sugar).
- Off the heat, beat with an electric mixer until thick. Pour into a lined 20cm x 20cm tin and spread out evenly with a spatula.
- Leave to cool, then chill in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours to set. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt, cut into 2 to 3cm squares and serve.
HOMEMADE SALTED CARAMEL RECIPE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
CARAMEL CAKE (SALTED CARAMEL CAKE) - LIV FOR CAKE
SALTED CARAMEL CHOCOLATE CAKE - BAKER BY NATURE
EASY SALTED CARAMEL CHEESECAKE RECIPE | LIFE, LOVE AND SUGAR
SALTED-CARAMEL SIX-LAYER CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE | MARTHA ...
SALTED CARAMEL FUDGE - I AM BAKER
SALTED CARAMEL APPLE PIE BARS - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
SALTED CARAMEL TURTLE FUDGE BARS ARE SO EASY TO MAKE!
SALTED CARAMEL CUPS - LOW CARB, KETO, SUGAR-FREE - JOY ...
EASY SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE | HOMEMADE CARAMEL TOPPING
SALTED CARAMEL CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE CAKE RECIPE
MICROWAVE SALTED CARAMEL FUDGE | 5 INGREDIENTS - BAKE PLAY ...
*AMAZING* SALTED CARAMEL APPLE CRUMBLE - LAUREN'S LATEST
SALTED CARAMEL APPLE CAKE - THROUGH HER LOOKING GLASS