CHEF JOHN'S SALT ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
This is one of those rare recipes where the name is the same as the ingredient list. You're going to be so shocked at how flavorful, juicy, and amazing this roast chicken comes out.
Provided by Chef John
Total Time 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 55 minutes
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Dry the outside of chicken with paper towels. Tuck the wing tips underneath the chicken and place into a large oven-safe skillet. Use scissors to snip off the tail, if desired.
- Generously sprinkle kosher salt into the cavity and over the back and sides of chicken. Tie chicken legs together with kitchen twine. Sprinkle salt generously over the breasts, coating them thoroughly. Wipe excess salt out of skillet with paper towels.
- Bake chicken in the preheated oven until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into a thigh, not touching bone, reads 160 degrees C (70 degrees C), 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from skillet to a serving platter and let rest 5 to 10 minutes.
- Blot about 90 percent of the chicken fat from the skillet with a paper towel held with tongs, leaving the browned bits of food in the skillet. Place skillet over medium-high heat and add thyme leaves. Cook and stir until thyme is wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour lemon juice, chicken broth, and water into skillet, stirring until the browned bits dissolve and the sauce has reduced by about half, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, add cold butter, and stir until butter has begun to melt. Add any accumulated juices from the chicken to sauce and continue to stir until butter is incorporated and sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and season with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste. Spoon sauce over chicken to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 553.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 1.2 g, CholesterolContent 185.4 mg, FatContent 35.7 g, FiberContent 0.1 g, ProteinContent 53.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 12 g, SodiumContent 4604.2 mg, SugarContent 0.4 g
BEER CAN CHICKEN RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD | RECIPES AND ...
Our easy beer can chicken is a summer bbq must-try. This cooking method is guaranteed to keep the meat really tender and juicy
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course
Total Time 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 1 hours 20 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Light a lidded barbecue. Let the flames die down and the coals turn ashen, then mound the coal up on one side. If using a small barbecue, you will have to remove the grills and place a sturdy roasting tin on the floor of the barbecue, next to the coals – this will give you space to close the lid once the chicken is in. If you have a large barbecue, the chicken can sit directly on the grills (or on a tray on the grills, so that it doesn’t topple over.)
- To make the rub, mix all the ingredients together with a good grinding of black pepper. Drizzle the chicken with the oil, sprinkle over the rub and massage it into the skin, making sure you get into all the nooks and crannies, even inside the cavity.
- Use a can opener to take off the top of the can of beer. Pour out half the beer (tip into a glass to drink!) and leave the rest in the can, as it will keep the chicken moist while it cooks. Pop the chicken onto the can, legs down, so that it looks like it is sitting upright with the can in its cavity. Stand the chicken and can upright on the barbecue, either in the roasting tin or directly on the grill, on the side with no coals. Close the lid and cook for 1 hr 20 mins until the chicken is browned, the meat tender and the juices run clear. If the juices aren’t clear, cook for a further 10 mins, then check again. (To cook in the oven, heat to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Sit the chicken on a baking tray, place in the bottom of the oven, and follow the same cooking time.)
- Remove the chicken from the barbecue, cover lightly with foil and leave to rest for 20 mins before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 397 calories, FatContent 24 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 6 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 5 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 5 grams sugar, ProteinContent 38 grams protein, SodiumContent 1.6 milligram of sodium
TABLE SALT VS. SEA SALT VS. KOSHER SALT: WHAT'S THE ...
BEER FINDER - DOS EQUIS
BEER CAN CHICKEN - JO COOKS - DELICIOUS & SIMPLE RECIPES ...
ONE-SKILLET BRATWURST + CARAMELIZED ONIONS RECIPE
BEER BATTERED FISH | BLUE JEAN CHEF - MEREDITH LAURENCE