ROASTED VEGETABLE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
Serve roast vegetables as a Sunday dinner side dish, or make them star of the show. We've included recipes for classic roast potatoes, root veg traybakes, whole spiced cauliflower and more.
Provided by Good Food team
Number Of Ingredients 1
SIMPLE ROAST TURKEY RECIPE - NYT COOKING
For all the attention we lavish on Thanksgiving turkeys, the truth is more work does not necessarily yield a better bird. That's right: You can skip brining, stuffing, trussing and basting. Instead of a messy wet brine, use a dry rub (well, technically a dry brine) — a salt and pepper massage that locks in moisture and seasons the flesh. No stuffing or trussing allows the bird to cook more quickly, with the white and dark meat finishing closer to the same time. And if you oil but don’t baste your turkey, you’ll get crisp skin without constantly opening the oven.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Total Time 3 hours 30 minutes
Yield 10 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Remove any giblets from the cavity and reserve for stock or gravy. Pat turkey and turkey neck dry with paper towel; rub turkey all over with 1/2 teaspoon salt per pound of turkey, the pepper and the lemon zest, including the neck. Transfer to a 2-gallon (or larger) resealable plastic bag. Tuck herbs and 6 garlic cloves inside bag. Seal and refrigerate on a small rimmed baking sheet (or wrapped in another bag) for at least 1 day and up to 3 days, turning the bird over every day (or after 12 hours if brining for only 1 day).
- Remove turkey from bag and pat dry with paper towels. Place turkey, uncovered, back on the baking sheet. Return to the refrigerator for at least 4 hours and up to 12 hours to dry out the skin (this helps crisp it).
- When you are ready to cook the turkey, remove it from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature for one hour.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. In the bottom of a large roasting pan, add the cider and enough wine to fill the pan to a 1/4-inch depth. Add half the onions, the remaining 6 garlic cloves and the bay leaves. Stuff the remaining onion quarters and the lemon quarters into the turkey cavity. Brush the turkey skin generously with oil or melted butter.
- Place turkey, breast side up, on a roasting rack set inside the roasting pan. Transfer pan to the oven and roast 30 minutes. Cover breast with aluminum foil. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of a thigh reaches a temperature of 165 degrees, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours more. Transfer turkey to a cutting board to rest for 30 minutes before carving.
More about "roasting herbs recipes"
OVEN-ROASTED SALMON RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
After work, I want a fast meal. Roasted salmon is super tender and has a delicate sweetness. It’s also an easy wowza for weekend company. —Jeanne Ambrose, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total Time 20 minutes
Calories 295 calories per serving
Total Time 20 minutes
Calories 295 calories per serving
- Place a large cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet in a cold oven. Preheat oven to 450°. Meanwhile, brush salmon with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper., Carefully remove skillet from oven. Place fish, skin side down, in skillet. Return to oven; bake uncovered, until salmon flakes easily and a thermometer reads 125°, 14-18 minutes. Cut salmon into 4 equal portions.
68 FENNEL RECIPES FOR SHAVING, ROASTING, PICKLING, AND ...
13/08/2020 · 68 Fennel Recipes for Shaving, Roasting, Pickling, and More. Fronds! Bulb! Fennel is nature’s best 2-for-1 deal. ... Squid and Fennel Pasta with Lemon and Herbs. On a warm, sunny day, pasta ...
HOW TO ROAST CHICKEN | ALLRECIPES
09/12/2021 · Chop up fresh herbs and tuck them under the chicken's skin along with a few pats of butter, or stuff sprigs into the chicken cavity along with quartered onions and cloves of garlic. Wedges of aromatic fruit such as lemons or oranges will perfume the bird as it roasts, infusing the meat and the pan juices with extra flavor.
VEGETABLES FOR ROASTING - VEGETABLES - PICTSWEET FARMS
Love roasted vegetables? These frozen vegetables are specially prepared for roasting. Avoid all the cleaning, peeling, cutting – and waste. You can enjoy delicious roasted vegetables in just 20 minutes! 100% Grown on American Soil.
30+ BEST VEGETABLES TO ROAST - EASY ROASTED VEGETABLE RECIPES
22/11/2021 · There's a lot of eating going on during the holidays. Make sure something healthy is on your table by prepping one of these delish roasted vegetable recipes. Asparagus, sweet potatoes, beets, and ...
EASY THANKSGIVING TURKEY RECIPE - DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
13/11/2020 · Besides the turkey, you just need herbs, aromatics, and a little seasoning. Simple really is best! Turkey: Any whole frozen (or fresh) turkey at the market works. For details on what size is best, read below. Fresh Herbs: Rosemary, thyme, and sage are classic poultry herbs. And while you can use dried, I do think fresh imparts a more robust flavor.
ROASTED EGGPLANT WITH GARLIC AND HERBS RECIPE | FOOD ...
Deselect All. 2 large eggplants (3 pounds), unpeeled, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks. 2 tablespoons kosher salt. 1/2 medium shallot. 1 clove garlic. 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, packed
FRESH HERBS AND SQUASH TURKEY | READER'S DIGEST CANADA
Put turkey in a roasting pan and add potatoes, garlic, squash, onions, white wine and salt. Cover and cook in the oven for 3 hours. Continue cooking, uncovered, for another hour, depending on the weight of the turkey, until a meat thermometer inserted in the leg reads 74°C (165 °F).