RAINBOW ROASTED PEPPER SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
One afternoon I threw this soup together. It is simple, pretty, light and flavorful. Try making homemade vegetable broth, it tastes the best in this recipe. If you do not have time it also tastes good with store bought.
Provided by Leslie
Categories Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes Soup Recipes Vegetable Soup Recipes
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) , halve all peppers (remove seeds) and peel garlic.
- Place halved peppers, cut side up in shallow baking dish. Place one garlic clove in each half and squeeze lemon juice generously over peppers. Roast for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile pour vegetable broth into a 2 quart sauce pan and add fennel seeds. Bring to boil, cover and simmer.
- When peppers are done, remove from oven and set aside to cool. When cool enough to touch peel skin from peppers.
- Strain fennel seeds from broth and return to a boil. Add thyme and simmer 15 minutes, reducing amount of broth.
- Slice a 1 inch section from each color of pepper and cut into pieces. Set aside for later garnishing.
- In a blender, place remaining peppers, garlic and a 1/2 cup broth on blend just long enough to shred the peppers, but not puree them. You want to see the different colors. Pour the blended peppers into the broth and stir well. Add garlic salt and black pepper to taste, then add garnishing pepper pieces and enjoy. Do not boil or cook any longer as the colors will fade.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 157.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 33.8 g, FatContent 1.8 g, FiberContent 7.7 g, ProteinContent 5.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.1 g, SodiumContent 928.9 mg, SugarContent 13.7 g
ROASTED RED PEPPERS SOUP RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
If you like cream of tomato soup, try making it with purchased roasted red peppers. Using jarred roasted red peppers makes it extra easy and pureeing the soup in a blender gives it a nice smooth texture.
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 35 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add onion. Cook and stir until tender, 3-5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in red peppers, broth, basil and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes. Cool slightly. , In a blender, cover and process soup in batches until smooth. Remove 1 cup to a small bowl; stir in cream. Return remaining puree to pan. Stir in the cream mixture; heat through (do not boil).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 135 calories, FatContent 6g fat (3g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 23mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 753mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 21g carbohydrate (9g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 2g protein.
More about "roasted pepper soup recipes"
ROASTED PEPPER SOUP | BBC GOOD FOOD
Total Time 30 minutes
- Season to taste
ROASTED RED PEPPER AND TOMATO SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 1 hours 40 minutes
Category Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes, Soup Recipes, Vegetable Soup Recipes, Tomato Soup Recipes
Calories 170 calories per serving
- Ladle into bowls and add 1 tablespoon of sour cream to each bowl. For a lighter soup, this is also delicious without the sour cream.
ROASTED RED PEPPER SOUP | BBC GOOD FOOD
Total Time 1 hours
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil or splash of cream.
ROASTED RED PEPPER SOUP | PARTNERS.ALLRECIPES.COM
Total Time 45 minutes
Calories 230 calories per serving
ROASTED RED BELL PEPPER SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 50 minutes
Calories 151.7 per serving
- Will keep well in fridge 2-3 days. Can also be frozen.
ROASTED RED PEPPER SOUP - DELICIOUS HEALTHY RECIPES MADE ...
Total Time 55 minutes
Calories 138 kcal per serving
- Add the grated parmesan and ladle into bowls.
3-INGREDIENT ROASTED RED PEPPER SOUP WITH CHICKPEAS RECIPE ...
Total Time 15 minutes
Category Healthy Quick & Easy Winter Dinner Recipes
Calories 488 calories per serving
- Serve topped with freshly cracked black pepper, if desired.
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER & RED PEPPER SOUP RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 01 hours 15 minutes
Calories 193 calories per serving
- Preheat broiler. Place peppers on a foil-lined baking sheet, skin side up. Broil 4 in. from heat until skins are blistered, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; let stand, covered, 20 minutes. Change oven setting to bake; preheat oven to 400°., Toss cauliflower with 2 tablespoons oil; spread in a 15x10x1-in. pan. Roast until tender, 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove skin and seeds from peppers; chop peppers., In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook until golden and softened, 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, rosemary and paprika; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended; cook and stir 1 minute. Gradually stir in stock. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened., Stir in cauliflower and peppers. Puree soup using an immersion blender. Or, cool slightly and puree soup in batches in a blender; return to pot. Stir in milk and remaining seasonings; heat through. If desired, serve with Parmesan. , Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally; add a little stock or milk if necessary.
ROASTED RED PEPPER AND RICOTTA SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Calories 184 calories per serving
- Pour mixture into a large saucepan over medium heat; bring to a simmer. Stir in lemon juice and salt. Divide soup among 4 bowls; top evenly with chives.
ROASTED RED PEPPER SOUP - HOUSE OF YUMM
RECIPE - ROASTED PEPPER SOUP WITH PESTO CREAM
SIMPLE ROASTED RED PEPPER SOUP (TODDLER FRIENDLY ...
RECIPE - ROASTED PEPPER SOUP WITH PESTO CREAM
RECIPE: ROASTED RED PEPPER SOUP WITH CRUNCHY SPRING GREENS
ROASTED RED PEPPER SOUP - FEELGOODFOODIE
ROASTED RED PEPPER SOUP RECIPE - HAPPY HEALTHY MAMA
ROASTED RED PEPPER SOUP - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
EASY ROASTED RED PEPPER SOUP - KYLEE COOKS
SMOKY ROASTED PEPPER SOUP | SOUP RECIPES | TESCO REAL FOOD