More about "roast pork dinner recipes"
POT ROAST PORK | PORK RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Cooking the cut this way keeps it beautifully juicy and soft – the way a pork pot roast should be
Total Time 1 hours 25 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- This method of cooking pork stops it drying out and keeps it juicy and soft. You also end up with a wonderful rich sticky sauce!
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6. Heat an appropriately sized casserole-type pan, add a lug of olive oil and sweat the onions and garlic gently until soft. Roll the pork in the seasoning and thyme leaves. Push the onions to one side of the pan, add a knob of butter and brown the pork lightly all over.
- Stir the quartered figs into the onions, pour one glass of Marsala over the meat and drop in the rest of the butter. Tear a piece of greaseproof paper big enough to cover the pork comfortably, scrunch it up with your hands and run it under the cold tap. Unravel it and tuck it in the pot over the pork, figs and onions. This will help the pork steam as well as roast and keep it really moist and juicy.
- Place in the hot oven. After 20 minutes, lift off the paper, turn the pork in the juices and add the other glass of Marsala. Replace the paper and cook for 30 to 40 minutes more. Check the pork is cooked, remove to a plate and allow it to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- While the meat is resting, finish the sauce by skimming any fat off the top, adding the chicken stock and simmering for 10 minutes. Check the seasoning and add the crème fraîche if using. Slice the pork as thinly as you want and serve with the delicious sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 575 calories, FatContent 41.0 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 15.7 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 31.5 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 7.6 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 5.8 g sugar, SodiumContent 0 g salt, FiberContent 0 g fibre
TOP 9 DELICIOUS PORK ROAST RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
ROAST LOIN OF PORK RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
INSTANT POT PORK ROAST WITH VEGETABLES & GRAVY - MOM'S D…
ROAST PORK WITH CRACKLING RECIPE | PORK RECIPES | TESCO ...
PORK ROAST WITH CRISPY CRACKLING - RECIPETIN EATS
10 BEST PORK SHOULDER ROAST RECIPES - YUMMLY
CROCK POT PORK ROAST AND VEGETABLES - FAVORITE FAMILY RE…
TANGY SLOW COOKER PORK ROAST RECIPE | ALLRECIPES