RED VELVET CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter two 9-by-2-inch round cake pans. Sprinkle with flour, and tap out the excess; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk cake flour, salt, and cocoa; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the sugar and oil, and beat on medium speed until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add food coloring and vanilla, and beat until well combined. Add flour mixture, alternating with buttermilk, scraping the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- In a small bowl, mix baking soda and vinegar until combined. Add to batter, and beat for 10 seconds. Evenly divide batter between the prepared pans. Bake until a cake tester inserted in the center of each cake comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool in the pans for 5 minutes. Remove from the pans, and return to the rack to cool completely.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups of the frosting on one of the layers. Place the second layer on top; spread and swirl the remaining frosting around the sides and top of the cake.The cake can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours. Bring to room temperature before serving.
EASY RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
When red velvet is the requested cake, don't worry about creating a complicated batter. Just pick up Betty Crocker™ cake mix, red food color and a few other pantry staples for an Easy Red Velvet Cake. The classic frosting is made with cream cheese, milk, whipping cream and powdered sugar. Make red velvet cake for the next birthday party request or just because you're craving it.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total Time 1 hours 50 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan or two 9-inch round cake pans and lightly flour, or spray with baking spray with flour.
- In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan(s).
- Bake as directed on box. Cool rounds 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely.
- In chilled large bowl, mix cream cheese and milk until smooth. Beat in whipping cream and powered sugar with electric mixer on high speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until soft peaks form. Frost top of 13x9-inch cake or fill and frost cake layers. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150 , CarbohydrateContent 27 g, CholesterolContent 10 mg, FatContent 1 , FiberContent 0 g, ProteinContent 1 g, SaturatedFatContent 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 150 mg, SugarContent 19 g, TransFatContent 1 g
More about "red velvet wedding cake recipes"
RED VELVET CUPCAKES RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
Category Cupcake Recipes
- To finish, use a small offset spatula to spread cupcakes with frosting.
RED VELVET CAKE POPS RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
Total Time 2 hours 40 minutes
Calories 160 per serving
- In microwavable bowl, microwave candy coating and shortening uncovered on Medium (50%) 2 minutes, then in 15-second intervals, until melted; stir until smooth. Dip tip of 1 lollipop stick about 1/2 inch into melted coating and insert stick into 1 cake ball no more than halfway. Repeat. Return cake pops to cookie sheet. Refrigerate 5 minutes. Remove from refrigerator a few at a time. Dip each cake ball into melted coating to cover; tap off excess. Poke opposite end of stick into foam block. Sprinkle with red sugar. Let stand until set.
RED VELVET CUPCAKES | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 40 minutes
Category Trusted Brands: Recipes and Tips, McCormick®
Calories 276.5 calories per serving
- Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat cream cheese, softened, butter, sour cream and McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract in large bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
RED VELVET LAYER CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Total Time 1 hours 45 minutes
- Spread 5-Cup Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake.
RED VELVET CAKE - WIKIPEDIA
CLASSIC RED VELVET CAKE FROM SCRATCH | MY CAKE SCHOOL
RED VELVET CAKE - DOCTORED CAKE MIX RECIPE | MY CAKE SCHOOL
THE BEST RED VELVET CAKE (EASY RECIPE) - PRETTY. SIMPLE ...
RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
CLASSIC RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE + CREAM CHEESE FROSTING ...
THE HISTORY BEHIND TRADITIONAL RED VELVET CAKE AND CUPCAKE ...
BEST RED VELVET CAKE - CAFE DELITES
DOCTORED RED VELVET CAKE MIX – SUGAR GEEK SHOW
RED VELVET CAKE! - JANE'S PATISSERIE
WEDDING CAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE | CHELSEA SUGAR
RED VELVET CAKE | HANDMADE LAYER CAKES | SAVANNAH'S CANDY ...
DOES YOUR FAVOURITE RED VELVET CAKE CONTAIN INSECT REMAINS ...