LEMON SPAGHETTI RECIPE | GIADA DE LAURENTIIS | FOOD NETWORK
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Total Time 18 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk the oil, Parmesan, and lemon juice in a large bowl to blend.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Toss the pasta with the lemon sauce, and the reserved cooking liquid, adding 1/4 cup at a time as needed to moisten. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon zest and chopped basil.
SPAGHETTI VONGOLE RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER PASTA RECIPES
This delicious Venetian clam pasta started life as peasant food, and has become an Italian classic
Total Time 30 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Put a pan of water on to boil. While that’s happening, sort through your cleaned clams and if there are any that aren’t tightly closed, give them a sharp tap. If they don’t close, throw them away. Put a large pan with a lid on a high heat and let it heat up. Finely slice the parsley stalks, then put them to one side and roughly chop the leaves. Peel and chop the garlic, quarter the tomatoes and get your wine ready.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water with a good pinch of salt and cook according to packet instructions until al dente. About 5 minutes before your pasta is ready, get ready to start cooking – you'll have to be quick about this, so no mucking about! Put 4 generous lugs of extra virgin olive oil into the hot pan and add the garlic, parsley stalks and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Crumble in the dried chilli and add the chopped tomatoes. Stir everything around constantly and just as the garlic starts to colour, tip in the clams and pour in the wine. It will splutter and steam, so give everything a good shake and put the lid on the pan. After about 3 or 4 minutes the clams will start to open, so keep shuffling the pan around until all of them have opened. Take the pan off the heat. Get rid of any clams that haven't opened.
- By now your pasta should be just about perfect. Drain and add to the pan of clams along with the parsley leaves and an extra drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Stir or toss for a further minute or two to let the beautiful seashore juices from the clams be absorbed into the pasta. Serve right away. No sane Italian would eat this dish without some fresh hunks of bread to mop up the juices. Beautiful!
- PS The first time you make this it will be good, but you might find things don't come together exactly at the right time. But don't worry, this dish is all about confidence and the more you make this, the more you'll find the pasta and clams are ready and perfect at the same time. And then it will be great!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 760 calories, FatContent 24.4 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 3.3 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 44.2 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 84.2 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 6.4 g sugar, SodiumContent 0.9 g salt, FiberContent 3.6 g fibre
100 SPAGHETTI RECIPES FOR EVERY TASTE | MYRECIPES
SPAGHETTI | ALLRECIPES
OUR BEST SPAGHETTI RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
7 WAYS TO COOK WITH SPAGHETTI NOODLES | MYRECIPES
18 UNEXPECTED WAYS TO COOK SPAGHETTI
75+ BEST SPAGHETTI RECIPES - EASY IDEAS FOR SPAGHETTI PASTA
SPAGHETTI PASTA SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
HOMEMADE PASTA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
PASTA AND NOODLE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
RECIPE WITH SPAGHETTI PASTA - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
PASTA RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
SPAGHETTI WITH OIL AND GARLIC (AGLIO E OLIO) RECIPE | FOOD ...
15 RECIPE IDEAS FOR LEFTOVER PASTA | LIVE BETTER | THE ...
ITALIAN PASTA RECIPES: OUR 20 BEST PASTA DISHES TO TRY ...
8 QUICK AND EASY PASTA RECIPES | RECIPETIN EATS
FRESH PASTA RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD NETWORK