CORN CHOWDER | VEGETABLES RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
To make this super-comforting chowder even more of a meal, try adding a bit of fish or seafood
Total Time 25 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Pull the leaves from the celery stalks and set them aside. Chop your celery and onion. Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Add the celery (not the leaves), onion, and thyme. Stir until the vegetables start to brown.
- Sprinkle the flour over the veggies and stir for a few more minutes. Pour in the milk, add the potato and bring to a boil, stirring the whole time so the soup doesn’t stick to the pot. Cook until the potatoes are tender, but not mushy – this will take around 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the celery leaves, trim the ends off the spring onions and slice them thinly. When the potatoes are tender, stir in the corn, spring onion and celery leaves. Bring the soup back to the boil, then serve.
- This is delicious with a crusty brown roll or a Parmesan crisp.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 211 calories, FatContent 5.7 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 2.5 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 10.7 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 31.6 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 13.9 g sugar, SodiumContent 0.3 g salt, FiberContent 2.3 g fibre
CREAMY MUSHROOM SOUP | VEGETABLES RECIPES - JAMIE OL…
I love the intensely earthy flavours in this smooth cream of mushroom soup recipe – it's a classic.
Total Time 45 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Brush the mushrooms clean, then finely slice.
- Peel and finely slice the onion, celery and garlic, then pick the parsley, finely chopping the stalks. Pick the thyme leaves.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the onion, celery, garlic, parsley stalks, thyme leaves and mushrooms, pop the lid on and cook gently until softened.
- Spoon out 4 tablespoons of mushrooms, and keep for later.
- Pour the stock into the pan and bring to the boil over a medium heat, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper, then whiz with a stick blender until smooth.
- Pour in the cream, bring just back to the boil, then turn off the heat.
- Toast the ciabatta on a hot griddle pan, then top with most of the reserved mushrooms and drizzle lightly with extra virgin olive oil.
- Spoon the soup into bowls, garnish with the chopped parsley and remaining mushrooms, and serve with the ciabatta crostini on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 148 calories, FatContent 7.4 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 2.4 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 7.9 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 12.5 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 3.5 g sugar, SodiumContent 1.1 g salt, FiberContent 3.2 g fibre
LEARN HOW TO COOK DELICIOUS RECIPES AT HOME. HOW TO COO…
BELL PEPPER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
POTATO RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
RECIPES - YAN CAN COOK
EGGPLANT RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
GREENS RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
RECIPES - JUST COOK