COLORADO GREEN CHILI (CHILE VERDE) RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
My version of my mother's green chili. I like to serve it over oven-baked burritos or with beans and rice. If you can't find a chile roaster, look for frozen diced chiles at your supermarket. You can also freeze fresh roasted chiles for off-season use.
Provided by ROSIE55
Total Time 1 hours 35 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 1 hours 15 minutes
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Season the pork with salt and pepper to taste, then place into the hot oil. Cook until golden brown on all sides, about 7 minutes. Once browned, remove the pork and set aside. Reduce heat to medium, and stir in the onion and garlic. Cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Return the pork to the pot, and stir in the green chiles, diced tomatoes with juice, tomatillo salsa, and chicken broth. Season with oregano and clove. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove 2 cups of the soup (ensure there are no pork cubes in it), and pour into a blender. Hold down the lid of the blender with a folded kitchen towel, and carefully start the blender, using a few quick pulses to get the soup moving before leaving it on to puree. Puree until smooth, then pour back into the cooking pot. This will create a thicker texture for your chili and will eliminate some of the chunky bits of chiles. Continue to simmer, stirring occasionally until the pork is very tender, at least 35 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 323 calories, CarbohydrateContent 12 g, CholesterolContent 67.9 mg, FatContent 19.2 g, FiberContent 1.7 g, ProteinContent 23.1 g, SaturatedFatContent 6.2 g, SodiumContent 887.8 mg, SugarContent 6.3 g
GREEN CHILI RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Make and share this Green Chili recipe from Food.com.
Total Time 3 hours 15 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 3 hours
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a fairly large soup pot, heat olive oil.
- Sautee garlic until golden, then add onion.
- Sautee until it begins to become translucent, then add pork.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over fairly high heat, until pork browns, then add cumin, lower heat to medium, and cook meat through.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, and let boil 10 minutes or so, then cover, and reduce heat to low.
- Cook at least 1 hour on low, and up to 3, depending on how thick you like your chili, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with grated colby-jack cheese and a big dollop of sour cream, chopped green onions or cilantro, and tortilla chips!
- Note:Any other kind of meat could easily be substituted--chicken, turkey, beef, whatever appeals to you!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 481.1, FatContent 21.7, SaturatedFatContent 6.7, CholesterolContent 76, SodiumContent 135.4, CarbohydrateContent 40.8, FiberContent 9.1, SugarContent 7.9, ProteinContent 33.1
More about "recipes for green chile recipes"
MILE HIGH GREEN CHILI | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 5 hours 0 minutes
Category Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes, Chili Recipes, Pork Chili Recipes
Calories 173.9 calories per serving
- About 1/2 hour before serving, place the cream cheese into a bowl, and stir in about 1 tablespoon of the chili liquid until thoroughly combined. Continue stirring in chili broth, a tablespoon at a time, until the cream cheese is almost a liquid. Stir the cream cheese mixture back into the chili.
PORK GREEN CHILE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 1 hours 15 minutes
Category World Cuisine, Latin American, Mexican
Cuisine Latin American, Mexican
Calories 307.6 calories per serving
- Return skillet to medium heat. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove cover, and cook 10 minutes more.
GREEN CHILI RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
Total Time 60 minutes
Cuisine North America, Mexican
Calories 230 calories per serving
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook ground beef with onion until the beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, green chilies, potatoes, water and salt. Simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
GREEN CHILI STEW RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 1 hours 45 minutes
Category Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes, Stews, Beef
Calories 549.1 calories per serving
- Stir in cubed potatoes to the mixture and simmer for an additional 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
10 BEST HATCH GREEN CHILE RECIPES | YUMMLY
TOP 8 MEXICAN RECIPES USING GREEN CHILES
TOP 8 MEXICAN RECIPES USING GREEN CHILES
25 GREEN CHILE RECIPES – I AM NEW MEXICO
25 GREEN CHILE RECIPES TO SPICE UP YOUR LIFE | HUFFPOST LIFE
10 BEST PORK GREEN CHILI RECIPES | YUMMLY
GREEN CHILE SAUCE RECIPE | GUY FIERI | FOOD NETWORK
HATCH CHILE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
THE BEST GREEN CHILI AND GREEN CHILI PEPPERS IN DENVER
NEW MEXICAN RECIPES | GREEN CHILE SAUCE
SAM'S NO.3 KICKIN' GREEN CHILI RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
GREEN PORK CHILI RECIPE | BOBBY FLAY | FOOD NETWORK
GREEN CHILE STEW RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK