CHILE RELLENOS CASSEROLE | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
This is a fabulous casserole with a Tex-Mex flair. It's super cheesy and packed with flavor. The mixture of meat and chiles is the base of flavor. Seasoned perfectly, the few dashes of hot sauce add a slight kick. The egg/flour mixture holds everything together and has a fluffy egg-like texture. Serve as Bonnie suggests for a hearty dinner. This would be great for brunch too.
Provided by BonniE ! @ReikiHealsTheSoul
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a medium-sized skillet, add the olive oil and saute the onion and bell pepper with and a pinch of salt until onion is translucent.
- Then add the ground beef and season with salt and pepper, cumin, allspice, garlic powder, and cook until just browned (cooked through). It is going in the oven so don't overcook the beef.
- Set your skillet at an angle and allow all the fat to drain away from the beef mixture. Soak up the grease with a paper towel and discard.
- In a 9 x 13 x 1 1/2 inch baking dish add one can of the chiles. Spread evenly over bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle with the sharp cheese on top of the chiles.
- Then add the drained ground beef mixture, spreading evenly.
- Add the second can of chiles over the meat.
- In a small mixing bowl add the milk, sour cream, flour, salt, pepper, beaten eggs, and a dash of Tabasco. Whisk well until smooth.
- Pour this mixture evenly over the dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes until it is set.
- Add some cheese to the top about ten minutes before the dish is done. If the dish is not brown enough when cooking time ends, turn the oven on broil, watch carefully so it doesn't burn, only takes about five minutes or so.
- Cut into squares to serve and top with sour cream black olives and chopped green onions. Enjoy!
CHILES RELLENOS SQUARES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
My family requests this chiles rellenos dish regularly—it's easy to prepare and makes a nice hors d'oeuvre or complement to a Mexican or Spanish meal. A friend I worked with shared the recipe with me several years ago. —Fran Carll, Long Beach, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 35 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 375°. Sprinkle half of each cheese onto bottom of a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Layer with chiles and remaining cheeses., Whisk together eggs, milk and flour; pour over top. Bake, uncovered, until set, 25-30 minutes. Cool 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130 calories, FatContent 10g fat (7g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 57mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 214mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 8g protein.
More about "recipes for chili rellenos recipes"
SOUTHWEST CHICKEN CHILI RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 06 hours 15 minutes
Cuisine North America, Mexican
Calories 343 calories per serving
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the ham hock, beans, broth, chiles, onion and seasonings. Cover and cook on low until ham is tender, 6 to 8 hours. , Remove ham bone. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bone; discard bone. Cut meat into bite-sized pieces and return to slow cooker. If desired, serve with sour cream and sliced jalapeno.
TATER TOT-CHOS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
Total Time 30 minutes
Cuisine North America, Mexican
Calories 375 calories per serving
- Bake Tater Tots according to package directions., Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles, 6-8 minutes; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. , To serve, top Tater Tots with beef mixture, cheese, lettuce and, if desired, olives. Serve with taco sauce and sour cream.
10 BEST AUTHENTIC MEXICAN CHILI RECIPES | YUMMLY
TOMATILLO RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
VEGETARIAN MEXICAN MAIN DISH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
FREEZER MEAL RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST SHREDDED CHICKEN RECIPES | HOW TO MAKE PULLED ...
CHILI RELLENOS CASSEROLE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CHILI RELLENO CASSEROLE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES