BEEF SHORT RIBS RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Sticky and delicious, these tender beef short ribs are well worth the wait.
Total Time 8 hours 15 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat the oven to 100ºC/212ºF/gas ¼.
- Place the ribs in a snug-fitting roasting tray, season with sea salt and black pepper, drizzle with oil, then rub all over. Cover tightly with a double layer of tin foil, then cook for 7 to 8 hours, or until tender.
- When the time’s up, transfer the ribs to a baking tray. Skim away the fat from the roasting tray and reserve in an airtight jar (use it for delicious roast potatoes another day).
- Place the roasting tray over a high heat on the hob and bring the juices to the boil. Simmer for around 2 minutes, then add the remaining sauce ingredients. Bring back to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for a further 10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- Brush most of the sauce onto the ribs so they’re nicely coated all over, then return the ribs to the oven for 20 to 40 minutes, or until sticky and caramelised to your liking.
- Meanwhile, place a small frying pan over a medium heat. Add the caraway seeds and toast for around 1 minute, or until smelling fantastic. Tip into a large bowl.
- Finely chop the dill and pickled onions, then add to the bowl with the mayo, yoghurt, mustard, white wine vinegar and a splash of the pickled onion vinegar. Whisk well to combine.
- Remove the beetroot leaves and set aside. Scrub and trim the beetroot and carrots, then pass all the vegetables and the beetroot leaves through the fine slicing attachment in a food processor. Add to the dressing, toss and scrunch everything together, then season to taste.
- Transfer the ribs to a chopping board, then carve up and serve with the winter slaw, remaining BBQ sauce and creamy mashed potato, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 621 calories, FatContent 41.6 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 15.9 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 36.7 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 25.5 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 24.2 g sugar, SodiumContent 2.4 g salt, FiberContent 1.4 g fibre
BEEF SHORT RIBS | RED MEAT RECIPES | WEBER BBQ
Beef Short ribs cooked low and slow transform into tender, sweet, savoury and delicious meat. With only a couple of ingredients, you will be blown away with the amount of flavour that these ribs have.
Categories Red Meat
Total Time 110 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 1
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Remove the excess layers of the membrane from the back of the ribs (leaving a single layer of membrane attached). Trim the excess fat/ silver skin off the top. In a small bowl, combine the salt and pepper. Gently massage the salt and pepper into the ribs.
- Prepare the smoker for indirect cooking over very low heat (110°C to 130°C). Refer to your handbook for further instructions. Add two to three hickory or mesquite wood chunks to the charcoal.
- After 10 minutes, smoke should be visible coming from the top vent. Place the ribs on the cooking grill and close the lid. Cook the ribs over indirect very low heat until the meat has reached an internal temperature of approximately 95°C, 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the smoker and wrap the ribs in aluminium foil. Rest for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories calories
More about "recipes beef short ribs recipes"
SUCCULENT BEEF SHORT RIBS – INSTANT POT RECIPES
- Serve beef drizzled with sauce.
KALBI (KOREAN BARBEQUED BEEF SHORT RIBS) RECIPE - FOOD NET…
Total Time 4 hours 28 minutes
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium-hot. Drain excess marinade off beef. Grill short ribs, turning once, to desired doneness, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Garnish with thinly sliced green onions, if desired. Serve whole pieces as a main course or cut into smaller pieces, using kitchen shears, for a starter or party nibble.
BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
Total Time 6 hr
- Transfer a short rib to each of 4 soup plates and keep warm in oven. Pour sauce through a medium-mesh sieve into a large bowl, pressing on and then discarding solids, then skim fat from sauce. Boil sauce, if necessary, until thickened and reduced to about 3 cups. Season with salt and pepper. Add about 2 cups sauce to vegetables (reserve remaining sauce for another use), then spoon mixture around short ribs.
SMOKED BEEF SHORT RIBS RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
Total Time 11 hours 45 minutes
- Smoke the ribs until they register a consistent interior temperature of 200 degrees F, roughly 11 hours. Let the ribs rest for 30 minutes, then cut into 2-bone portions. Serve with barbecue sauce on the side.
BRAISED SHORT RIBS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE BEEF SHORT RIBS
Total Time 2 hours 20 minutes
Category dinner, main dish, meat
Cuisine American, Comfort Food
- Salt and pepper ribs, then dredge in flour. Set aside. In a large dutch oven, cook pancetta over medium heat until complete crispy and all fat is rendered. Remove pancetta and set aside. Do not discard grease. Add olive oil to pan with the pancetta grease, and raise heat to high. Brown ribs on all sides, about 45 seconds per side. Remove ribs and set aside. Turn heat to medium. Add onions, carrots, and shallots to pan and cook for 2 minutes. Pour in wine and scrape bottom of pan to release all the flavorful bits of glory. Bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes. Add broth, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Taste and add more salt if needed. Add ribs to the liquid; they should be almost completely submerged. Add thyme and rosemary sprigs (whole) to the liquid. Put on the lid and place into the oven. Cook at 350 for 2 hours, then reduce heat to 325 and cook for an additional 30 to 45 minutes. Ribs should be fork-tender and falling off the bone. Remove pan from oven and allow to sit for at least 20 minutes, lid on, before serving. At the last minute, skim fat off the top of the liquid. (Can also refrigerate mixture, then remove solid fat from the top.) Serve 2 ribs on bed of creamy polenta, spooning a little juice over the top.
BEEF SHORT RIB RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
16 RECIPES FOR SUPER TENDER BEEF SHORT RIBS | TASTE OF HOME
SIMPLE BEEF SHORT RIBS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
BEEF SHORT RIB RECIPES - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | RED WINE-BRAISED SHORT RIBS | RECIPES
SAVORY BEEF SHORT RIBS WITH GRAVY RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CROCK POT BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS WITH RED WINE RECIPE
10 BEST SLOW COOKER BEEF RIBS RECIPES - YUMMLY
CLASSIC BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS
BBQ BEEF SHORT RIBS RECIPE | TRAEGER GRILLS
RED WINE–BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
SLOW COOKER BEEF SHORT RIBS - PAULA DEEN
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | RED WINE-BRAISED SHORT RIBS | RECIPES
BBQ BEEF SHORT RIBS WITH TRAEGER PRIME RIB RUB RECIPE ...
BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS WITH MASHED POTATOES
EASY BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS RECIPE (WITH ... - HOME & PLATE