THE ULTIMATE PORK CROWN ROAST RECIPE | TYLER FLORENCE ...
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Set rack on the bottom third of the oven so the roast will fit completely inside.
- In a small mixing bowl or mortar and pestle, combine thyme, sage, garlic, and salt and pepper, to taste, and mash to break up herbs and garlic. Add oil, about 1 cup, and combine with pestle.
- Take crown roast of pork and if your butcher hasn't already prepared it, clean the bones of meat with a boning knife (French them) and make a small cut into the meat in between each rib so you can wrap it into a circle easily; save the scraps. Rub the pork all over with the herb mixture. With the ribs on the outside, wrap the rack around onto itself so the ends meet and secure with kitchen twine so it holds its crown shape. *Cook's note: if you are doing this by yourself, using a skewer to help hold its shape while you wrap the kitchen twine around the roast.
- Place in a roasting pan. Add the scraps into the bottom of the pan alongside the roast. This will help add flavor to your sauce. Set aside to bring the pork to room temperature prior to cooking.
- Fill the cavity with Apple Pecan Stuffing.
- Cover the stuffing and the tips of the rib bones with foil then place the whole roast in the oven and bake for 2 hours and 20 minutes, an instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should register 150 degrees F when done. About 30 to 45 minutes prior to doneness, remove the foil to brown the stuffing and create a crust. Remove from the oven, loosely cover with foil and allow to rest for 30 minutes before cutting. Serve with Apple Pecan Stuffing and Gravy. Garnish with watercress, if desired.
- Set a large saute pan over medium heat and add olive oil, sage and thyme sprigs. As the oil heats up the herbs will crackle and fry, infusing the oil. Remove the sage and thyme and set aside on a paper towel to drain - these can be as a garnish, if desired. Add onions to the pan and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes until caramelized. Season with salt and pepper. Remove onions from pan and add apples. Crush the pecans and add to the pan. Add more oil, if needed and season with salt and pepper. Gently saute until pecans are lightly toasted and apples are just cooked slightly - about 3 to 5 minutes. In a large mixing bowl whisk together egg, cream, chicken stock, and salt and pepper, to taste. Add torn sourdough, caramelized onions, apples, pecans and chopped parsley. Using a wooden spoon, mix the stuffing until well combined.
- Place carrots, onion, celery, turnip, apple and garlic in a food processor and pulse until you have a coarse textured puree. Once roasting pan comes out of the oven (and meat is removed) set it over medium-high heat on the stove. Add a 2-count of olive oil then add vegetable puree. Sweat for 7 to 8 minutes until most of the moisture has cooked off, then dust with flour. Cook for 2 more minutes stirring well to incorporate all the flour with the fat in the pan. Add the apple liqueur and scrape the bottom of the pan. Gradually add chicken stock, stirring as you go to ensure there are no lumps. Bring to a simmer and season well with salt and pepper. Simmer then remove from heat and strain through a sieve - it's okay if some of the pulp goes through as this will naturally add body to the gravy.
CROWN ROAST OF PORK RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Craig Claiborne declared this dish to be wholly American back in 1976, saying that if there were a European antecedent for a crown roast, ‘‘we have yet to discover it.’’ It is a stunning centerpiece for a holiday meal, the rare roast you will want to carve at the table and not in the kitchen. You can serve a dressing inside the finished roast, but cook it separately. As with stuffing a turkey, the process only slows and complicates the cooking process.
Provided by Sam Sifton
Total Time 4 hours
Yield Serves 10 to 12.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine thyme, sage, garlic, salt and pepper in a mortar and pestle or a food processor, and pound or pulse to combine. Stream in olive oil and pound or pulse to make a paste.
- Rinse the pork, and dry it very well with paper towels. Massage the herb paste all over the meat, making sure to coat both the middle and the crevices between the ribs. Place the roast in a large roasting pan, and allow to marinate and come to room temperature, approximately an hour.
- Heat oven to 450. Roast the pork for 20 minutes, then turn the heat down to 350 and roast approximately 1½ to 2 hours longer, or until the meat, measured between the bones, registers 145 on an instant-read thermometer. Let rest 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http//schema.org, Calories 80, UnsaturatedFatContent 5 grams, CarbohydrateContent 2 grams, FatContent 7 grams, FiberContent 1 gram, ProteinContent 3 grams, SaturatedFatContent 1 gram, SodiumContent 50 milligrams, SugarContent 0 grams
More about "recipe pork crown roast recipes"
CROWN ROAST OF PORK RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 03 hours 15 minutes
Calories 233 calories per serving
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley, oil, salt and pepper; rub over roast. Place on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Cover rib ends with pieces of foil. Bake at 350° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. , Transfer roast to a serving platter. Let stand for 10-15 minutes. Remove foil pieces. Garnish rib ends with foil or paper frills. Cut between ribs to serve.
PORK CROWN ROAST RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
Total Time 4 hours 20 minutes
- Remove roast from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature 1 hour. Preheat oven to 450°F with oven rack in lower third of oven. Bake roast in preheated oven 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F, and continue baking until a thermometer inserted into thickest part of rib registers 135°F for medium, 1 hour and 50 minutes to 2 hours and 10 minutes. Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let rest 30 minutes (internal temperature will rise to 145°F as the meat rests). Remove kitchen twine and foil caps before slicing between bones and serving.
CROWN ROAST OF PORK RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
Total Time 4 hours 15 minutes
Calories 360 per serving
- Remove pork from oven when thermometer reads 150°F; cover with tent of foil and let stand 15 to 20 minutes or until thermometer reads 160°F. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F, and pork will be easier to carve.) Remove foil wrapping from bone ends. To serve, spoon stuffing into bowl and cut pork between ribs.
CLASSIC PORK CROWN ROAST RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN ...
Total Time 140 minutes
- Once the pork reaches 135 degrees F, increase the oven temperature to 450 degrees F and brush the pork all over with half the glaze. Return to the oven and cook for 5 minutes. Brush with the remaining glaze and continue to cook until the internal temperature registers 145 degrees F, about another 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and let rest for 30 minutes. Serve with the apples and onions.
CROWN ROAST OF PORK RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
Category Pork Recipes
- Let pork stand 20 minutes. Garnish with pears, apples, and rosemary sprigs, if desired. Serve with stuffing.
HOLIDAY CROWN ROAST OF PORK RECIPE | ONTARIO PORK
Total Time 2 hours 15 minutes
Category Dinner, Holiday, Special
Cuisine Local, BBQ
Calories per serving
PREPARATION FOR THE GRILL:
- The night prior to cooking, mix all the dry rub ingredients together and sprinkle all over the roast, refrigerate.
- 60 minutes prior to cooking, place the roast on onion slices in a cast-iron skillet. Mix the sage, thyme, rosemary & olive oil and brush all over the roast.
- Preheat the grill to 350F/180C with 2 of the 4 burners on medium-high.
- While the grill preheats, mix the maple syrup, apple cider vinegar and Dijon mustard and set aside.
- Place the skillet over the indirect cooking area of the grill and cook for 90 minutes with the lid closed (an internal temperature of 130F/55C). Then baste with the glaze. Close the lid and cook until the pork roast reaches an internal temperature of 140F/60C (basting 2 more times) – total cooking time will be approximately 2 hours – 2 ¼ hours. Remove skillet from grill and tent with foil for 20 minutes (in the hot pan, the roast will continue to 160F/71F).
- Present the whole roast at the table surrounded by fresh herbs and fruit. Once the guests have all taken their photos, serve everyone an individual bone portion along with your tasty side dishes.
** I use my grills year-round, but it’s important to ensure you have a clean grill and a fuel source before you plan your holiday feast. I prefer a gas/propane option when holiday entertaining (so, get that propane tank filled!), but a well-insulated charcoal grill works too.
PREPARATION IN OVEN
- Coat fresh roast with a dry rub mixture of garlic, onion, salt, pepper, ginger and mustard powder. Leave in the refrigerator overnight.
- Pre-heated oven to 350°F/180°C.
- While the oven preheats, mix the maple syrup, apple cider vinegar and Dijon mustard, set aside.
- 30 minutes before cooking, on a baking sheet, place roast on onion slices. Mix the sage, thyme, rosemary and olive oil and brush all over the roast.
- Cook for approximately 90 minutes, then baste with maple Dijon glaze. Glaze two more times until an internal temperature of 155°F/68°C is reached.
- Remove from oven and tent with foil for 20 minutes until internal temperature reaches 160°F/71°C).
- Impress your guests when you present the whole roast at the table surrounded by fresh herbs and fruit.
HOW TO COOK CROWN ROAST OF PORK | ALLRECIPES
CROWN ROAST OF PORK | EMERILS.COM
CROWN ROAST OF PORK | EMERILS.COM
EASY CROWN ROAST OF PORK RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
10 BEST PORK CROWN ROAST WITH STUFFING RECIPES | YUMMLY
PORK CROWN ROAST RECIPE WITH WHISKEY GLAZE - THE COOKIE ...
GARLIC-HERB CRUSTED CROWN ROAST OF PORK RECIPE ...
PORK CROWN ROAST WITH RICE & DRIED FRUIT STUFFING RECIPE ...
MAKE THIS PETITE CROWN ROAST OF PORK FOR THE HOLIDAYS ...
10 BEST CROWN ROAST PORK RECIPES | YUMMLY
PORK CROWN ROAST RECIPE - HOLIDAY RECIPES - LGCM
CROWN ROAST OF PORK RECIPE - ALL THINGS BARBECUE