CREAMY TOMATO SOUP RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER SOUP RECIPES
Making your own tasty tomato soup is so easy! This one's a simple classic.
Total Time 45 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Peel and roughly slice the carrots, slice the celery, and peel and roughly chop the onions. Peel and slice the garlic.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pan over a medium heat, add all the prepped ingredients, then cook with lid ajar for 10 to 15 minutes, or until softened.
- Crumble the stock cubes into a jug, cover with1.5 litres of boiling water, and stir until dissolved.
- Add the stock to the veg pan with tinned and fresh whole tomatoes, including the green stalks that may still be attached to some of them (these give an amazing flavour – trust me!).
- Give it a good stir and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on. Meanwhile, pick your basil leaves.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper, then stir through the basil leaves.
- Using a stick blender or liquidizer, pulse the soup until smooth. Taste and check the seasoning, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 122 calories, FatContent 5.2 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 0.7 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 3.6 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 17.6 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 15.9 g sugar, SodiumContent 0.9 g salt, FiberContent 5.2 g fibre
HOMEMADE MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
This is mushroom soup as it should be – rich, indulgent, and full of earthy flavour.
Total Time 1 hours
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place the porcini in a small dish, add boiling water just to cover, and leave to soak. Get a large casserole-type pan nice and hot, then add a good couple of lugs of olive oil and your fresh mushrooms. Stir around very quickly for a minute, then add your garlic, onion and thyme and a small amount of seasoning. After about a minute you'll probably notice moisture cooking out of the mushrooms and at this point add half of your porcini, chopped up, and the rest left whole. Strain the soaking liquid to remove any grit, and add it to the pan. Carry on cooking for about 20 minutes until most of the moisture disappears.
- Season to taste, and add your stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for around 20 minutes. I usually remove half the soup from the pan and whiz it up to a purée at this point, then pour it back in, adding the parsley and mascarpone, and seasoning carefully to taste.
- You can serve this soup as you like, but there are a few things to remember when finishing it off. Mix together a pinch of salt and pepper with the zest of one lemon and the juice of half of it, then spoon a little of this into the middle of the soup. When you go to eat it, stir it in and it gives a wonderful flavour. Other things you can consider are little slices of grilled crostini put into the bottom of the bowls before the soup is poured over. Or you could even quickly fry some nice-looking mushrooms – like girolles, chanterelles or oysters – and sprinkle these on top of the soup. If I was going to use truffle oil, then I would use it on its own – a few drips on the top just before serving. • adapted from Jamie's Dinners
Nutrition Facts : Calories 107 calories, FatContent 8.8 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 2.1 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 3.7 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 4.2 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 2.6 g sugar, SodiumContent 2.35 g salt, FiberContent 1.6 g fibre
More about "recipe for soup recipes"
RAVIOLI SOUP RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
Total Time 01 hours 05 minutes
Cuisine Europe, Italian
Calories 235 calories per serving
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; crumble beef; drain. Add the water, tomatoes, tomato paste, onions, parsley, garlic, basil, sugar, oregano, onion salt, salt, pepper and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes., Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain. Add to soup and heat through. Stir in the Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with additional parsley if desired.
CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE | DANNY BOOME | FOOD NETWORK
Total Time 35 minutes
- In a serving bowl add a mound of shredded chicken. Ladle soup over chicken and top with a lime wedge, grilled tortilla strips, avocado slices and cheese.
GINGER CARROT SOUP RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Total Time 1 hours 35 minutes
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with dollop sour cream and parsley sprigs.
CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Total Time 1 hours 40 minutes
Calories 402 calories per serving
- For this recipe, you will need 1 higher-welfare roast chicken carcass, with leftover chicken attached.
- Peel and roughly chop the onions, roughly chop 2 carrots and celery sticks, then place them in a large pan with the bay leaves, peppercorns, a pinch of sea salt and the chicken carcass.
- Fill the pan with cold water so that everything is covered, then place on a high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 1 hour, skimming off any scum that rises to the surface from time to time.
- About 20 minutes before the stock is ready, crack on with the base of the soup: peel the remaining carrots and slice ½cm thick with the remaining celery. Peel and finely slice the garlic and shallots. Pick the parsley leaves, finely chopping the leaves and stalks. Roughly shred the spinach.
- Place the butter and 1 tablespoon of oil in another large pan on a low heat, add the garlic, shallots and parsley stalks and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the carrots and celery and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- When the stock is ready, remove the chicken carcass, pull off any remaining pieces of meat and leave to one side, then discard the carcass.
- Strain the stock through a sieve into the veg pan. Bring to the boil, then reduce to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the seasonal greens and cook for a further 10 minutes, adding the spinach for the last minute.
- Finish the soup by squeezing in the lemon juice, then taste and season to perfection, if needed.
- Divide between bowls and top with any leftover shredded chicken, a sprinkling of parsley leaves and a good hit of black pepper.
STRACCIATELLA SOUP RECIPE | GIADA DE LAURENTIIS | FOOD NET…
Total Time 16 minutes
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve.
EGUSI SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
HAM AND SPLIT PEA SOUP RECIPE - A GREAT SOUP | ALLRECIPES
FRENCH ONION SOUP RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
WEIGHT WATCHERS CABBAGE SOUP RECIPE • WW RECIPES
CALDO VERDE (PORTUGUESE GREEN SOUP) RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
SENATE BEAN SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
SOUP RECIPES | RECIPETIN EATS
EGUSI SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
AUTHENTIC PEPPER POT SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES