TRADITIONAL ADOBO (PORK IN VINEGAR AND SOY SAUCE) RECIPE ...
Make and share this TRADITIONAL ADOBO (Pork in Vinegar and Soy Sauce) recipe from Food.com.
Total Time 1 hours 5 minutes
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 1 hours
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine all ingredients except cooking oil in a pot and let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Simmer covered for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Drain and reserve the sauce.
- Heat cooking oil in a skillet.
- Brown meat on all sides.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Pour off all remaining oil from skillet.
- Add reserved sauce and cook for a minute or two scraping all browned bits sticking to pan.
- Pour sauce over meat and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 324.3, FatContent 24.9, SaturatedFatContent 7.7, CholesterolContent 80.5, SodiumContent 797.6, CarbohydrateContent 3, FiberContent 0.1, SugarContent 2.2, ProteinContent 20.2
PORK ADOBO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Adobo, the national dish of the Philippines, starts out as a garlicky and tangy stew. The meat is then removed from the casseroles and fried until crisp, and the cooking liquid is reduced to make the richly flavored sauce.
Provided by Marcia Kiesel
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In each of 2 large enameled cast-iron casseroles, combine half of the ribs, vinegar, soy sauce and garlic. Season with pepper and bring to a simmer. Cook over low heat, skimming occasionally, until the ribs are cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the ribs to a platter, leaving the garlic behind. Continue to simmer the cooking liquid in the 2 casseroles until the garlic is tender, about 30 minutes; let cool. Remove the garlic cloves and peel them, then add to the ribs.
- Remove the fat from the cooking liquid. Pour the liquid into a medium saucepan and boil until reduced to 2 cups, about 15 minutes.
- Roast the red peppers directly over a gas flame or under a broiler, turning, until charred all over. Transfer to a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 10 minutes to loosen the skins. Peel the peppers, discarding the cores, ribs and seeds; cut the flesh into long thin strips.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Add as many of the ribs as will fit without crowding and fry over moderate heat until deeply browned, about 4 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Repeat with the remaining ribs, adding more oil as needed.
- Add the garlic cloves to the skillet and fry, stirring, until browned and crisp, about 5 minutes. Arrange the ribs and garlic on a warmed platter. Scatter the peanuts and red pepper strips on top and serve. Pass the reduced cooking liquid and the rice separately.
- Make Ahead: The adobo can be prepared through Step 2 up to 2 days ahead; refrigerate the liquid and ribs separately.
- Wine Recommendation: This spicy menu requires a not-quite-dry white to provide a refreshing flavor background. Among various choices, look for the 1996 Bonny Doon Pacific Rim Riesling or the 1996 Jekel Johannisberg Riesling, both from California.
More about "recipe for adobo pork recipes"
ROAST ADOBO PORK LOIN | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 40 minutes
Category Trusted Brands: Recipes and Tips, Goya®
- Transfer pork to platter; tent with foil to keep warm. Let rest 10-15 minutes before slicing. Serve with accumulated juices.
DELICIOUS ADOBO PORK STEW RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 2 hours 30 minutes
Calories 778.2 per serving
- The last 15 minutes of cooking time mix cornstarch with water until smooth add into the simmering stew and cook until thickened (the stew will not be very thick).
PINEAPPLE PORK ADOBO RECIPE | BON APPÉTIT
- Serve pork adobo over rice, topped with scallions.
PORK ADOBO - LUTONG PINOY RECIPE
PERUVIAN PORK LOIN ADOBO RECIPE - EAT PERU
Category Lunch, Main Course
- Add a little coriander on top, decorate with chili pepper. Enjoy the dish piping hot.
PORK RIBS ADOBO RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Total Time 1 hours 30 minutes
Cuisine asian, filipino
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Pour 1/4 cup of thickened sauce over ribs, turn to coat, and broil until nicely browned, about 7 minutes, turning once. Serve with remaining sauce and rice.
PORK ADOBO | FOODLAND
PORK ADOBO RECIPE - TODAY.COM
PORK ADOBO RECIPE | YUMMY.PH
PORK ADOBO (FILIPINO STYLE) RECIPE - SALU SALO RECIPES
AUTHENTIC FILIPINO PORK ADOBO RECIPE - FOXY FOLKSY
PORK ADOBO RECIPE - TODAY.COM
HOW TO COOK THE BEST PORK ADOBO THE FAVORITE FILIPINO RECIPE
BEST CLASSIC FILIPINO PORK ADOBO RECIPE: A VERY DETAILED GUIDE
SPANISH ADOBO RECIPES FOR BEEF, PORK, AND CHICKEN
PORK ADOBO - LOVE, FILIPINO FOOD
PORK CHOP ADOBO WITH GARLIC RICE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK ...
SIMPLE ADOBO RECIPE TAGALOG - MY FOOD RECIPES