WHITE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY CAKE FROM SCRATCH - MY CAKE …
Delicious scratch White Chocolate Raspberry Cake Recipe- this layer cake is so moist and has wonderful flavor!
Provided by Melissa Diamond
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and flour two 8 x 2 inch pans
- IMPORTANT: for this recipe you will need to add a circle of wax paper or parchment paper to the bottom of the cake pans to prevent sticking
- Heat the milk in the microwave or on the stove top, do not let it boil. Add the white chocolate that has been cut into very small pieces. Let it sit for a couple of minutes to soften, then stir until melted and smooth. Let this cool down before using.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt, whisk for 30 seconds to blend and set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, mix the butter until smooth. Slowly add the sugar and mix on medium speed 4 to 5 minutes, until the mixture lightens in color and becomes fluffy
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each until the yellow is blended in.
- Add the vanilla.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and the milk/chocolate mixture, beginning and ending with the flour (3 additions of flour and 2 of milk mixture).
- Mix until just combined, do not over mix and do not mix above medium speed.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. When a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached, it is done. Let cool 10 minutes in the pans and turn out.
- Works well for cupcakes
- Makes 6 cups cake batter
- Completely thaw the frozen raspberries. If in a hurry, and your raspberries are in a plastic bag you can thaw them more quickly by placing the bag in a bowl of hot water. Once thawed, puree the raspberries in a blender.
- Place a fine wire strainer over a bowl. Pour the pureed raspberries into the strainer and let the juice drain into the bowl. Using the back of a spoon, press the raspberries into the strainer to force the raspberry pulp into the bowl. It will take several minutes of pressing the raspberries. When finished be sure to scrape off raspberry pulp that will be clinging to the bottom of the strainer into the bowl. Discard the remaining seeds and pulp that would not go through the strainer. You should get from 1/2 to 3/4 cup of juice and pulp. Add enough water to this to make 1 1/4 cups.
- In a small saucepan, combine the raspberry juice, sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch. Whisk to blend. Cook over medium heat whisking constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat and add the raspberry extract. Stir well and allow to cool. Can be refrigerated in a covered container for a week.
- Makes 1 1/4 cups
- Cut/chop the white chocolate into very small pieces, put into a microwave safe bowl and add 4 Tablespoons milk or cream.
- Microwave for 15 seconds let sit for a minute or two, stir and microwave again 15 seconds letting it sit a minute to soften further, stir. Be careful not to over heat the chocolate. The chocolate will continue to melt as it is stirred. Let the chocolate cool down before using.
- Mix the butter until softened and smooth, add the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. Add the white chocolate and milk mixture. Add vanilla. Add another Tablespoon milk if needed. Beat on medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes and it will become smooth and creamy.
- Makes 5 cups frosting. Makes enough to frost a 2 or 3 layer eight inch cake. If you will be doing a lot of decorative piping, you will need additional frosting.
- If you do not have cake flour, you can use all purpose flour and the following substitution: for each cup of flour in the recipe, remove 2 Tablespoons and replace with 2 Tablespoons cornstarch. For this recipe measure out 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, remove 5 Tablespoons and replace with 5 Tablespoons cornstarch. Whisk to blend.
- Spread your layers with a thin layer of the raspberry filling. The raspberry filling is fairly thick and so piping a buttercream ring/dam around the filling isn't essential, although you should frost all the way to the edge. (See photo)
- Next, spread over the raspberry filling with a layer of White Chocolate Buttercream frosting.
- Frost the cake as usual. Enjoy!
THE 50 BEST CAKE RECIPES IN THE WORLD - I AM BAKER
Perfectly moist and delicious, every time!
Provided by Amanda Rettke
Total Time 55 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into the bowl and mix until combined.
- In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry. With mixer still on low, add the coffee and stir just to combine, scraping the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the batter into two 8-inch round prepared pans and bake for 30 to 40 minutes at 350°F, until a cake tester or toothpick comes out mostly clean (not wet).
- Cool in the pans for about 10 minutes, then turn them out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
RECIPES | MY CAKE SCHOOL
Caramel Mousse Filling for Cakes & Cupcakes. Caramel Vanilla Latte Cake Recipe. ... Devil’s Food Cake with Raspberry Filling- Scratch Recipe. ... We'd love for you to check out our free cake tutorials & recipes…
EASTER CAKE IDEAS & RECIPES - SUGARHERO
Mar 11, 2022 · Looking for Easter dessert inspiration? You’ll love this collection of Easter cake recipes and ideas!Featuring over 20 easy, cute Easter cake ideas and pictures, including bunny cakes, Easter egg cakes, flower cakes, lamb cakes, and more – you’re guaranteed to find a cake …
31 FANCY CAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Jun 07, 2021 · This popular Swedish cake is a guaranteed showstopper, and a great way to practice your baking skills. It's made up of layers of white sponge cake with a raspberry jam and pastry cream filling…
EASY RASPBERRY DESSERTS | ALLRECIPES
Feb 02, 2021 · 10 Ways to Use Strawberry Cake Mix There are many different ways to use strawberry cake mix that go beyond the instructions on the back of the box. These creative recipes transform strawberry cake mix into brownies, cupcakes, cookies, and more, each with a stunning pink hue that's signature to strawberry cake.
20 GORGEOUS LAYER CAKE RECIPES FOR EVERY ... - MARTHA S…
Nov 06, 2019 · We have two very special recipes—our Seven-Layer Ice Cream Cake, in particular, is attention-grabbing and will certainly live up to the hype. Choose a selection of berry ice cream …
CAKE FLAVOR COMBINATIONS - VEENA AZMANOV
Feb 21, 2013 · Pairing the right cake flavors with the right filling and frosting can be critical to the success of recipes. These Cake Flavor Combinations are a great guide to have on hand when you are wondering what to bake or what is the best flavor combination for a particular cake.
36+ VALENTINE'S DAY DESSERT RECIPES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDIC…
Feb 08, 2022 · White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Bars. Easier and quicker than a full cheesecake, white chocolate raspberry cheesecake bars are creamy, sweet, and swirled with layers of homemade fresh raspberry …
NO-BAKE CAKE RECIPES - GOODTOKNOW
No-bake chocolate, raspberry and vanilla ice box cake recipe is a summer treat that can be prepared in just 30 minutes and sliced to reveal pretty layers Blueberry cheesecake tart Heavenly blueberry …
RECIPES - LUCKY LEAF
308 recipes Sort by Alphabetical (A to Z) Alphabetical (Z to A) Rating: High to Low Rating: Low to High Date Added: Newest First Date Added: Oldest First Salted Caramel Peach Hand Pies
23 HEALTHY CHEESECAKE RECIPES - EAT THIS NOT THAT
Jul 30, 2020 · Plus, cheesecake does have a few nutritional benefits. The charming dessert contains both bone-building calcium and vision-protecting vitamin A. And it turns out that if you dig hard enough, you can find some waist-shrinking recipes …
CANADIAN LIVING’S BEST RECIPES, TESTED TILL PERFECT ...
Canadian Living’s best recipes, tested till perfect. Discover Quick and Easy recipes, cooking tips and inspiration for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and everything in …