JAM RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
A pot of homemade preserve always beats shop-bought. Spread these fruity jams on hot buttered toast or give them away as gifts.
Provided by Good Food team
Number Of Ingredients 1
OLD-FASHIONED RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
The intense raspberry flavor of this jam makes it a longtime favorite. Warming the sugar beforehand keeps the jam boiling evenly and ensures success.
Provided by Eleanor Topp
Yield Makes 4 cups (1 L)
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Place sugar in an ovenproof shallow pan and warm in a 250°F (120°C) oven for 15 minutes. (Warm sugar dissolves better.)
- Place berries in a large stainless steel or enamel saucepan. Bring to a full boil over high heat, mashing berries with a potato masher as they heat. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add warm sugar, return to a boil, and boil until mixture will form a gel (see tips, below), about 5 minutes.
- Ladle into sterilized jars and process as directed for Shorter Time Processing Procedure .
- Tip: To make a small boiling-water canner, tie several screw bands together with string or use a small round cake rack in the bottom of a large covered Dutch oven. Be sure the pan is high enough for 2 inches (5 cm) of water to cover the jars when they are sitting on the rack.
JAM RECIPES - BBC FOOD
The amount of sugar you need to make jam depends on the amount of pectin in your chosen fruit, but generally the fruit-to-sugar ratio for traditional jams is 1:1 (ie. 450g/1lb sugar to 450g/1lb ...
HOMEMADE BLUEBERRY JAM RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
May 21, 2021 · Although blueberries are high in pectin and could thicken a jam on their own, this recipe uses commercial fruit pectin, a naturally occurring starch used in jams and preserves, to help the jam achieve a thicker texture. Pectin doesn't prolong the shelf life of jams, so if you can't find pectin, skip it altogether, but keep in mind the jam …
EASY HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY JAM - I HEART NAPTIME
Jun 04, 2020 · Powdered fruit pectin; Water; How to make strawberry jam. Homemade jam is actually really easy to make and tastes SO much better than store bought jam. Find the printable …
PECTIN - WIKIPEDIA
Pectin also reduces syneresis in jams and marmalades and increases the gel strength of low-calorie jams. For household use, pectin is an ingredient in gelling sugar (also known as "jam sugar") where it is diluted to the right concentration with sugar and some citric acid to adjust pH. In some countries, pectin …
FRESH PRESERVING: BALL & KERR MASON JARS & HOME CANNING
Home to Ball® and Kerr® mason jars, freshTECH appliances, canning supplies, and ingredients. Learn More.