HEALTHIER PULLED PORK SANDWICHES | ALLRECIPES
Some easy tricks to making healthier pulled pork sandwiches include using a leaner cut of meat, choosing a lower-calorie barbecue sauce, and serving your sandwiches with smaller buns and a lower-fat coleslaw. To top it all off, this recipe is made in the slow cooker, so it doesn't get easier than this!
Provided by Cook Right
Total Time 6 hours 20 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 6 hours 0 minutes
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Put onion in a 4-quart slow cooker; top with pork. Stir chili powder, paprika, cumin, chipotle pepper, black pepper, and dry mustard together in a small bowl; sprinkle over pork. Pour water over pork. Cook, covered, on Low until pork is very tender, about 6 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and shred with 2 forks. Return pork to juices in the cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce.
- Spoon 1/3 cup pork evenly onto each bun bottom; top each with 1/2 cup slaw and top bun.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 351 calories, CarbohydrateContent 49.7 g, CholesterolContent 39.9 mg, FatContent 8.5 g, FiberContent 3.6 g, ProteinContent 17.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.3 g, SodiumContent 516.7 mg, SugarContent 10.3 g
VALERIO'S PULLED PORK SANDWICH RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
- Combine brown sugar, garlic powder, 2 tablespoons black pepper, red pepper flakes, 2 tablespoons salt, and paprika in a bowl. Rub the spice mixture over pork butt, cover, and refrigerate 5 hours or overnight.
- Pour beef stock and 1/2 cup hot sauce in a pressure cooker. Stir in 3 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon molasses, maple syrup, and 4 crushed garlic cloves. Place the pork butt in the pressure cooker, seal the lid, and bring up to low pressure over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, maintaining low pressure, and cook for 2 hours.
- While the pork is cooking, make the coleslaw. Mix mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon hot sauce, white vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper in a bowl. Add the coleslaw mix and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
- Turn off the heat and let the pressure reduce naturally; remove the lid and let the pork rest for 5 minutes. The meat should shred easily with a fork; if it doesn't fall off the bone, reseal the lid, turn on the heat, return the pressure cooker to low pressure, and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Remove meat from the pressure cooker, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Shred the meat using two forks and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in 5 cloves of garlic; cook and stir until the garlic is fragrant and just starting to turn brown, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in ketchup, 1/2 cup honey, 2 tablespoons hot sauce, 2 tablespoons molasses, cider vinegar, and reserved cooking liquid. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Bring the sauce to a simmer over medium heat.
- Fill each Kaiser roll with two big forkfuls of pork, two tablespoons of barbeque sauce, and 2 spoonfuls of coleslaw.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 873.8 calories, CarbohydrateContent 87.5 g, CholesterolContent 93.2 mg, FatContent 46.9 g, FiberContent 4.4 g, ProteinContent 29.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 11.2 g, SodiumContent 3491.7 mg, SugarContent 50 g
More about "pulled pork sandwich calories recipes"
FIVE-SPICE PULLED PORK SANDWICHES RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Total Time 4 hours 30 minutes
Category Healthy Pulled Pork Recipes
Calories 250.2 calories per serving
- Tote the meat to the tailgate in an insulated cooler. To reheat, place the covered pan on a charcoal or gas grill over medium coals or heat. Cover and grill until heated through, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, grill buns, cut-sides down, until toasted, about 1 minute. Use a slotted spoon to serve the hot meat in the buns (see Tip).
PULLED PORK SANDWICH : RECIPES : COOKING CHANNEL RECIPE ...
Total Time 40 minutes
Calories 300 calorie per serving
- Nutritional Information (per serving):Calories 300; Total Fat 6g; Saturated Fat 1.5g; Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 690mg; Total Carbohydrate 33g; Dietary Fiber 5g; Protein 27g
ASIAN PULLED PORK SANDWICHES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 07 hours 14 minutes
Calories 350 calories per serving
- In a small bowl, whisk the first 7 ingredients until blended. Place roast in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour sauce mixture over top. Cook, covered, on low until pork is tender, 7-9 hours., Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Coarsely shred pork with 2 forks. Return pork to slow cooker; heat through. Using tongs, serve pork on rolls, adding toppings as desired.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally; add broth if necessary. Serve as directed.
SLOW-COOKER PULLED PORK SANDWICHES RECIPE -
Total Time 4 hours 45 minutes
Calories 520 per serving
- Using slotted spoon, spoon about 1/2 cup pork mixture on bottom half of each bun. Top each with about 1/4 cup coleslaw. Cover with top halves of buns. Pork mixture can be kept warm on Low heat setting up to 2 hours; stir occasionally.
PULLED PORK SANDWICHES RECIPE | GUY FIERI | FOOD NETWORK
Total Time 12 hours 20 minutes
- Combine all the dressing ingredients together in a large bowl. Adjust seasonings, if necessary. Add the cabbage and the carrots and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
PULLED PORK SANDWICHES RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Total Time 6 hours
- Serve pulled pork with slaw, buns and hot sauce on the side, letting people assemble their own sandwiches.
CALORIES IN PULLED PORK SANDWICHES - CALORIE, FAT, CARB ...
LOW-CALORIE PULLED PORK SANDWICH RECIPE — EAT THIS NOT THAT
CALORIES IN SMOKED BBQ PULLED PORK SANDWICH - CALORIE, FAT ...
PULLED PORK SANDWICH NUTRITION FACTS - EAT THIS MUCH
CALORIES IN PULLED PORK SANDWICH - CALORIE, FAT, CARB ...
HUMBLE & HUNGRY - MOLASSES PULLED PORK SANDWICH CALORIES ...
CALORIES IN PULLED PORK SANDWICH - CALORIE, FAT, CARB ...
RECIPE FOR PULLED PORK BBQ SANDWICH - HEALTHY EATING ...
PULLED PORK SANDWICHES | THRIFTY FOODS RECIPES
BARBECUED PULLED PORK SANDWICH - HEALTHY SCHOOL RECIPES
QUICK PULLED PORK SANDWICHES RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN ...
10 BEST LOW CALORIE SLOW COOKER PULLED PORK RECIPES | YUMMLY
PINEAPPLE PULLED PORK SANDWICH | THE MODERN PROPER
PULLED PORK SANDWICHES - TORNADOUGH ALLI
CALORIES IN SMOKED PULLED PORK - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...