PRESSURE COOKER SPLIT PEA SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
This is my favorite split pea soup recipe. I love my pressure cooker and use it for meals that I need to cook for the family in a hurry. This is great for a cold winter's night, and it tastes great for lunch the next day. I serve it with French bread.
Provided by Knifehat
Categories Split Pea Soup
Total Time 45 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Pour water into a pressure cooker. Add split peas, ham hock, onion, celery, thyme, garlic powder, and black pepper. Close cooker securely and place pressure regulator over vent according to manufacturer's instructions. Bring to high pressure; adjust temperature until regulator is gently rocking. Cook, about 30 minutes.
- Pour cold water over the pressure cooker to release pressure according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Remove ham hock and strip off meat; add to soup. Stir well to distribute flavors. Season with salt and hot pepper sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 364.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 49.9 g, CholesterolContent 22.7 mg, FatContent 8 g, FiberContent 20.2 g, ProteinContent 24.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.6 g, SodiumContent 444.1 mg, SugarContent 7.9 g
PRESSURE COOKER OSSO BUCO RECIPE - NYT COOKING
This classic dish of veal shanks braised in wine and tomatoes is a masterpiece of northern Italian cooking. Be sure to provide small spoons (espresso spoons work well) so people can scoop the marrow out of the bones, then eat the marrow sprinkled with salt and some of the gremolata. This is one of 10 recipes from Melissa Clark’s “Dinner in an Instant: 75 Modern Recipes for Your Pressure Cooker, Multicooker, and Instant Pot” (Clarkson Potter, 2017). Melissa Clark’s “Dinner in an Instant” is available everywhere books are sold. Order your copy today.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Total Time 2 hours 30 minutes
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Spread flour in a shallow bowl or plate. Tie the thyme sprigs, rosemary sprigs, and bay leaf together with kitchen twine.
- Season the veal with the salt and pepper to taste, and then dredge it in the flour to coat all sides. Using the sauté function on high if available, heat the oil in the pressure cooker. Add the osso buco in batches (do not crowd the pot), and brown it well on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Altogether this will take 20 to 30 minutes to get the pieces nicely golden all over. Transfer the osso buco pieces to a plate as they brown.
- Turn the sauté function down to medium if available, or unplug the pot for a minute to let it cool down slightly. Add the butter to the pressure cooker and let it melt; then stir in the onion, carrots, and celery. Cook until the vegetables are very soft, about 8 minutes. Stir in the garlic and tomato paste, and cook until the garlic is fragrant and the tomato paste has darkened, another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the wine to the pot to deglaze it, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom. Stir in the stock and tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Nestle the osso buco pieces into the pot, then top with the herb bundle. Cover and cook on high pressure for 40 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally.
- Transfer the osso buco to a plate and, using the sauté function, simmer the sauce, stirring it often, until it is thick and reduced, 10 to 15 minutes. Let the sauce settle for at least 10 minutes, and then spoon any excess fat off the top.
- While the sauce is settling, make the gremolata: In a small bowl, stir together the parsley, lemon zest, garlic, and salt.
- To serve, transfer the osso buco to a serving platter, spoon the sauce over the top, and sprinkle with the gremolata, with more on the side.
Nutrition Facts : @context http//schema.org, Calories 407, UnsaturatedFatContent 11 grams, CarbohydrateContent 14 grams, FatContent 19 grams, FiberContent 4 grams, ProteinContent 42 grams, SaturatedFatContent 6 grams, SodiumContent 885 milligrams, SugarContent 4 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams
More about "pressure cooker beef shank recipes"
INSTANT POT BRAISED BEEF (PRESSURE COOKER) - SKINNYTASTE
Total Time 100 minutes
Category Dinner, Lunch
Calories 255 kcal per serving
- Serve moistened with sauce.
PRESSURE COOKER BEEF SHANK (OSSO BUCCO) - DADCOOKSDINNER
THE ULTIMATE PRESSURE COOKER COOKING TIME CHART
INSTANT POT BEEF RECIPES - TESTED BY AMY + JACKY
10 BEST BEEF BEEF SHANK RECIPES | YUMMLY
JANUARY 24 TO 28, 2022: 5 RECIPES TO COOK IN THE PRESSUR…
INSTANT POT ELECTRIC PRESSURE COOKER RECIPES
PRESSURE COOKER TIME CHARTS FOR ELECTRIC PRESSURE COOKERS
BEEF RECIPES - SERIOUS EATS
BEEF RECIPES - SERIOUS EATS
PRESSURE COOKER VS. SLOW COOKER: THE PROS & CONS
BRAISED BEEF SHANK WITH WINE AND TARRAGON RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
PRESSURE COOKER BRAISED PORK HOCK 台式萬巒豬腳 | TESTED A…
HOW TO COOK BEEF SHANK • THE PRAIRIE HOMESTEAD
EASY BRAISED BEEF SHANK (CARNIVORE FRIENDLY) - PRIMAL ED…
SAVORY BEEF BONE BROTH RECIPE FOR YOUR SLOW COOKER - DR. AXE
PRESSURE COOKER (INSTANT POT) PORK CHOPS - PRESSURE ...
CHINESE BRAISED BEEF SHANK (酱牛肉, JIANG NIU ROU) - OMNIV…
BEST SLOW COOKER RECIPES | MYFOODBOOK
BEEF SHANK NOODLE SOUP - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
10 BEST BEEF OXTAIL SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
SLOW COOKER BEEF SHANKS RECIPE - DELICIOUSOBSESSIONS.COM
CLEVERCHEF PRO 5.7L | DIGITAL PRESSURE COOKER ...
LEADER IN PRESSURE COOKERS AND MULTI-COOKERS | CROCKPOT®
USING A PRESSURE COOKER TO COOK BEANS QUICKLY AND SAFELY
HOW TO COOK A PRIME RIB ROAST IN A PRESSURE COOKER ...
HOW TO MAKE TENDER BEEF TIPS AND GRAVY - COPYKAT RECIPES
HOW TO USE THE POWER PRESSURE COOKER XL - PRESSURE COOKING ...