RUSTIC GERMAN POTATO NOODLES RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: yellow potatoes, eggs, salt, nutmeg, flour, butter, bacon, chicken broth, white wine, green onion, water, salt
Provided by Eva Merz
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Peel potatoes. Cut them into 1-inch (2 ½ cm) slices and boil them in salted water for 25 minutes or until they are tender.
- After boiling, take them out and let them cool for 10 minutes, allowing them to steam to remove excess moisture.
- Mash potatoes until no lumps remain.
- Add eggs, salt, nutmeg, and 2 cups (250 grams) flour, and knead into a dough. If dough is too sticky, add more flour until it holds its shape but is still smooth.
- Put a piece of dough on a floured surface and roll into a 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick log.
- Cut in 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces and roll them carefully in your floured palm for a noodle shape. Repeat with the remainder of the dough.
- Boil noodles in a large pot with salted water. Stir carefully once or twice to make sure noodles don’t stick to bottom of the pan. Once they float on the surface, they are cooked and ready to be taken out.
- In a medium-sized pan, melt the butter.
- Add noodles and bacon and fry until both are golden brown on all sides.
- Add chicken broth and white wine and let reduce for a few minutes until sauce becomes slightly creamy.
- Top with green onions before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 898 calories, CarbohydrateContent 126 grams, FatContent 29 grams, FiberContent 5 grams, ProteinContent 25 grams, SugarContent 4 grams
BADISCHE SCHUPFNUDELN (POTATO NOODLES) RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Typical of Baden-Baden and the Baden-Wurttemberg state in southwestern Germany, schupfnudeln is a kind of spaeztle (homemade pasta) that gets its name from the Upper German word 'Schupfen,' meaning 'to shove, push, throw or chuck.' They are traditionally handmade by rolling out potato dough on a board and cutting the dough into noodles. Simple and easy to make, they are delicious and go well with almost anything: roast pork, racks of lamb, bits of bacon, sauerkraut, and any cabbage dishes.
Provided by Seb
Total Time 1 hours 10 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place whole potatoes in their skins into a large pot of boiling water; boil for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove potatoes, and discard water. When cool enough to handle, peel potatoes, and place on a lightly floured surface. Mash potatoes with a rolling pin.
- Place mashed potatoes into a large bowl. Stir in flour, egg, parsley, salt, and nutmeg. Knead well to form a smooth dough. Then roll out the dough to a thickness of about 1/2 inch. Cut flattened dough into thin strips, about 1 1/2 inches long. Gently roll out the strips, or stretch them until the ends taper. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat lard over medium heat. Place the potato strips into the skillet, and fry until golden brown on both sides.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 215.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 27.9 g, CholesterolContent 39.1 mg, FatContent 9.6 g, FiberContent 2.8 g, ProteinContent 4.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.7 g, SodiumContent 212.8 mg, SugarContent 1 g
More about "potato and noodle recipe recipes"
CREAMY ROASTED CHICKEN, POTATO, AND NOODLE SOUP | BETTER ...
Total Time 1 hours 0 minutes
Category Recipes and Cooking
Calories 356 calories per serving
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until potato is tender. Using a potato masher, coarsely mash about half of the potato. Stir in chicken, peas, and evaporated milk; heat through. Stir in cooked noodles. If desired, sprinkle each serving with pepper.
THAI SWEET POTATO NOODLE BOWLS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Total Time 25 minutes
Calories 357 calories per serving
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup water, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, coconut milk, almond butter, and curry paste in a bowl. Add 1/2 cup sauce to potato mixture; toss. Divide potato mixture among 4 bowls; top evenly with tofu, remaining 1/2 cup sauce, and cashews. Serve with lime wedges.
SWEET POTATO NOODLES WITH SPINACH RECIPE | EASY VEGETARIAN ...
Total Time 30 minutes
Calories 296 kcal per serving
SWEET POTATO NOODLES WITH PEANUT SAUCE RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
Calories 233 per serving
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add spiralized sweet potato noodles; cook for 5 minutes, or until slightly softened. Add 1 tablespoon water to create steam in the pan and further soften. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until desired tenderness is achieved. Place peanut butter in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Add remaining ingredients (2 teaspoons water through lime juice) and stir with a whisk until combined. Pour sauce into pan and toss noodles to coat. Transfer to a bowl and add toppings of choice.
POTATO NOODLES RECIPE | MASAHARU MORIMOTO | FOOD NETWORK
POTATOES AND NOODLES - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
GERMAN POTATO NOODLE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOMEMADE POTATO NOODLES RECIPE - (4.3/5)
10 BEST CREAM OF POTATO SOUP WITH NOODLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST GROUND BEEF POTATO NOODLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
MASHED-POTATO NOODLES RECIPE - NYT COOKING
10 BEST CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP WITH POTATOES RECIPES | YUMMLY
SCHUPFNUDELN (GERMAN POTATO NOODLES) - RECIPES FROM EUROPE
POTATO RECIPES FOR EVERY OCCASION, PLUS NOODLE AND RICE ...
OMA’S SCHUPFNUDELN ~ GERMAN POTATO NOODLES
KARTOFEL AND KLASSE' (G'DOVALS 'N GLACE) (AKA POTATOES AND ...
MENNONITE GIRLS CAN COOK: ROLLED UP HOMEMADE NOODLES ...
SWEET POTATO GLASS NOODLE RECIPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
TUNA AND POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
SWEET POTATO NOODLES WITH GARLIC & KALE RECIPE - LOVE AND ...