POPPY SEED COOKIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
From Penzeys Spices Christmas 2008 magazine. They say "These cookies are rich and buttery. The poppy seeds add a nice texture and flavor". I haven't made these but I want the recipe in my cookbook so I'm posting it. The picture shows the unbaked cookie "logs" and finished cookies edged in red and green colored sugar. The middle of the cookies looks richly dotted with poppy seeds. Prep time does not include a few hours chilling time.
Total Time 17 minutes
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Yield 42-50 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cream the butter
- Add the sugar, egg, and vanilla and mix well
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, almonds, poppy seeds and salt.
- Gradually add the to the butter mixture and beat well.
- Divide the dough in half and roll into logs.
- Roll the logs in colored sugar if desired.
- Wrap in wax paper and chill for a few hours.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Slice the logs about 1/4 inch thick and bake at 325 for about 12 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 95, FatContent 6.2, SaturatedFatContent 3, CholesterolContent 16.7, SodiumContent 52.7, CarbohydrateContent 8.8, FiberContent 0.5, SugarContent 3.9, ProteinContent 1.5
POPPY SEED COOKIES I RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
- Cream butter, sugar, and egg yolks. Add flour, salt, poppy seeds and vanilla. Mix well. Chill dough for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- Form dough into teaspoon sized balls. Place on cookie sheet and dip the bottom of a juice glass into sugar and press balls flat. Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 143.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 15.2 g, CholesterolContent 37.4 mg, FatContent 8.6 g, FiberContent 0.4 g, ProteinContent 1.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 5.1 g, SodiumContent 79.8 mg, SugarContent 7.1 g
More about "poppy seed cookies recipes"
HUNGARIAN POPPY SEED COOKIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 1 hours 46 minutes
Calories 34.5 per serving
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
POLISH POPPY SEED COOKIES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Category World Cuisine, European, Eastern European, Polish
Cuisine European, Eastern European, Polish
Calories 191.1 calories per serving
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.
CARDAMOM-POPPY SEED COOKIES RECIPE - SIMON BAJADA | FOOD ...
Total Time 1 hours 50 minutes
- Bake in preheated oven until edges of cookies are golden brown and middles are just set, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack, and let cool completely, about 15 minutes (cookies will continue to crisp as they cool).
CHOCOLATE-FILLED POPPY SEED COOKIES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 35 minutes
Calories 102 calories per serving
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla. Combine the flour, poppy seeds and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. , Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each. , Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately make an indentation in the center again. Remove to wire racks to cool slightly; fill with melted chocolate.
RASPBERRY POPPYSEED LINZER COOKIES RECIPE BY TASTY
Calories 214 calories per serving
LEMON, LAVENDER, AND POPPY SEED COOKIES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Calories 97 calories per serving
- Beat lemon rind, lemon curd, poppy seeds, and dried lavender buds into cookie dough at medium speed. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
OLD FASHIONED POPPY SEED COOKIES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
POPPYSEED COOKIES | MOOSEWOOD RESTAURANT & RECIPES ...
LEMON POPPY-SEED COOKIES RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
LEMON-POPPY SEED COOKIES RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN ...
LITHUANIAN POPPY SEED COOKIES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
ORANGE POPPY SEED COOKIES RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
GERMAN POPPY SEED COOKIES (MOHN) - TRADITIONAL RECIPE AND ...
COOKIES WITH POPPY SEED FILLING - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
HUNGARIAN POPPYSEED PINWHEEL COOKIES - PALATABLE PASTIME
HUNGARIAN KIFFLES RECIPE - MYGOURMETCONNECTION
POPPY SEED COOKIES | RECIPE
SOFT LEMON POPPY SEED COOKIES (VIDEO) - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
POPPY SEED COOKIES WITH ORANGE - RACHEL COOKS®