PETIT FOURS RECIPE - LAND O'LAKES
Petits Fours are dainty icing-coated mini cakes that add a special touch to showers, open houses, or teas. This easy recipe is impressive and beautiful!
Provided by Land O'Lakes
Categories Cake Sweet Baking Dessert
Total Time 2 hours 2 minutes
Prep Time 2 hours 0 minutes
Yield 48 petit fours
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 13x9-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in bowl. Set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter in another bowl at medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until creamy. Add 1 egg white at a time, beating well after each addition. Add almond flavoring; mix well. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beating at low speed after each addition just until mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on cooling racks 10 minutes. Loosen edge of cake by running knife around inside edge. Carefully remove cake from pan; cool completely.
- Trim edges from cake; cut cake into 48 (1 1/2-inch square) pieces.
- Combine sugar, cream of tartar and water in 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 12-14 minutes or until mixture comes to a full boil. Cover; boil 3 minutes. Uncover; continue cooking 15-20 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 228°F to 234°F, or small amount of mixture dropped into ice water forms a 2-inch soft thread. Remove from heat; cool to 110°F (about 1 hour) or until bottom of pan is slightly warm to touch. (Do not stir.) Stir in powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon almond extract and food color, if desired.
- Place cooling rack over waxed paper. Place 1 cake piece on fork; drizzle icing over top and sides of cake, making sure each side is covered. Place onto rack; let stand until icing is set. (If icing becomes too thick, reheat over low heat 2-3 minutes or until thin consistency and easy to drizzle.)
- Garnish each petit four with candy flowers or frosting flowers, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 100 calories, FatContent 2 grams, SaturatedFatContent grams, TransfatContent grams, CholesterolContent 1 milligrams, SodiumContent 40 milligrams, CarbohydrateContent 21 grams, FiberContent 0 grams, SugarContent grams, ProteinContent 1 grams
PETITS FOURS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
This is a sponge cake that it is perfect for making petits fours. Dense yellow cake that can stand up to the process of being cut into small pieces, and iced individually. Decorate each little cake with a whole nut, some candied fruit, tiny candies, sprinkles or coconut.
Provided by courtney
Categories Desserts Cakes Yellow Cake Recipes
Total Time 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Yield 3 dozen petits fours
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and egg yolks using an electric mixer. Add sugar, and beat until thick and pale, about 10 minutes. If you have a stand mixer, use the whisk attachment. Sift the flour and baking powder into the egg mixture, and fold in by hand along with the milk. Stir just until the batter is mixed, then fold in the melted butter until smooth. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. When finished, invert the cake pan onto a sheet of waxed paper, and cool completely. This will give you nice even petits fours.
- Cut the cooled cake into small squares, rectangles or triangles, and arrange the pieces in rows on a wire rack or glazing screen with plenty of space between rows. (See Cook's Notes for flavoring suggestions). Set the rack over a shallow pan or waxed paper to catch the drips.
- Spoon or pour warmed petit four icing over the small cakes. The drippings may be scraped off of the pan or paper, and reheated for use again. Allow the petits fours to set until completely dry. Lift the cakes from the rack with a metal spatula, and trim the bottom edges with a sharp knife. Set into small muffin papers for easy handling. Decorate as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 69.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 11.1 g, CholesterolContent 26.2 mg, FatContent 2.3 g, FiberContent 0.2 g, ProteinContent 1.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.2 g, SodiumContent 37.2 mg, SugarContent 5.8 g
More about "pettifor cookies recipe recipes"
PRETTY PETITS FOURS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
Total Time 50 minutes
Calories 274 calories per serving
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; gently fold into batter., Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely., Cut a thin slice off each side of cake. Cut cake into 1-1/4-in. squares. Place 1/2 in. apart on a rack in a 15x10x1-in. pan., In a large bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Beat on low speed just until blended; beat on high until smooth. Apply glaze evenly over tops and sides of cake squares, allowing excess to drip off. Let dry. Repeat if necessary to thoroughly coat squares. Let dry completely., For frosting, in a small bowl, cream the butter, shortening and vanilla. Beat in confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Place 1/2 cup each in two bowls; tint one pink and one green., Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert #104 tip. Fill with pink frosting; pipe a rosebud on each petit four. Insert #3 round tip into another pastry or plastic bag; fill with green frosting. Pipe a leaf under each rose.
MELT-IN-MOUTH COOKIES, EGYPTIAN STYLE - GHORAYEBAH RECIPE ...
Total Time 33 minutes
Calories 187.9 per serving
- Bake in medium-low pre-heated oven (color should be like ivory) don't let it blush!
PETITS FOURS ICING - MARTHA STEWART
Category Dessert & Treats Recipes
- In a heatproof bowl set over (but not touching) simmering water, mix sugar, corn syrup, 1/2 cup water, vanilla and almond extracts together until they are warm, well combined, and smooth. Stir in enough food coloring until desired color is reached. Do not overheat. Let cool about 8 minutes before pouring.
STAMPED CUTOUT COOKIES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 01 hours 10 minutes
Calories 307 calories per serving
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill for 1 hour or until firm. , On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in thickness. Cut out with 3-1/2 in. cookie cutters of your choice. Using a floured spatula, transfer cookies to greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire racks., For icing, in a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, water and meringue powder; beat on low speed just until blended. Beat on high until stiff peaks form, 4-5 minutes. Keep unused icing covered at all times with a damp cloth. If necessary, beat again on high speed to restore texture., Using pastry bags and small round tips, ice cookies. Let stand at room temperature until frosting is dry and firm, several hours. , For each color you use, in separate small bowls, combine 1/2 teaspoon food coloring with 2-3 teaspoon water. Pour onto food-safe stamp pad or folded paper towel. Press stamp gently onto pad, ensuring an even coating of coloring adheres to stamp. Press stamp gently onto dried icing. Repeat with remaining cookies. Let stand until dry, several hours. Store in an airtight container.
PETIT FOURS COOKIES | TABOON BAKERY
EGYPTIAN BUTTER COOKIES ( PETIT FOURS / BETEFOUR) - AMIRA ...
PETIT FOURS RECIPE | ANNE THORNTON - FOOD NETWORK
PETITS FOURS - ALLRECIPES
PETIT FOURS - PREPPY KITCHEN
PETIT FOURS RECIPE | ANNE THORNTON - FOOD NETWORK
PETIT FOURS - PREPPY KITCHEN
PETIT FOURS - SUGAR SPUN RUN
LEMON BERRY PETIT FOURS (FOR BEGINNERS!) - SALLY'S BAKING ...
10 BEST PETIT FOUR ICING RECIPES - YUMMLY
PUBLIX PETTIFOR CAKES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
20 BEST PETTIFOR CAKES IDEAS | CUPCAKE CAKES, MINI CAKES ...
25 FABULOUS FLOURLESS COOKIES - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
PECAN DESSERTS THAT AREN'T PIE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
MAKE ANY COOKIE WITH THIS RECIPE (LINZER/SUGAR/GINGERBREAD ...
CLASSIC PETIT FOUR GLAZE - MY CAKE SCHOOL