MOM'S BEST PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
This is a wonderful peanut brittle that is easy to make and wows everyone! Have all the ingredients for this recipe measured out and ready. This recipe requires that you react quickly. You do not have time to measure ingredients in between steps.
Provided by Amanda
Total Time 55 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Yield 1 pound
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Grease a large cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In a heavy 2 quart saucepan, over medium heat, bring to a boil sugar, corn syrup, salt, and water. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in peanuts. Set candy thermometer in place, and continue cooking. Stir frequently until temperature reaches 300 degrees F (150 degrees C), or until a small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water separates into hard and brittle threads.
- Remove from heat; immediately stir in butter and baking soda; pour at once onto cookie sheet. With 2 forks, lift and pull peanut mixture into rectangle about 14x12 inches; cool. Snap candy into pieces.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 143.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 22.3 g, CholesterolContent 3.8 mg, FatContent 6 g, FiberContent 0.7 g, ProteinContent 2.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.5 g, SodiumContent 132.2 mg, SugarContent 15.6 g
PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
- Lay out several sheets of foil to spoon the hot peanut brittle onto.
- In a large skillet mix the sugar, syrup, and water together. Cook at a medium-high heat, stirring regularly. Heat until the mixture has a hard ball consistency. Heat to 250 to 265 degrees F (121 to 129 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a rigid ball. If you don't own a candy thermometer, occasionally hold spoon above mixture, allowing it to drip off spoon. When mixture is at hard ball stage, it will 'hair' off the spoon when falling, looking like a clear spider web.
- Once mixture is at hard ball consistency, add raw peanuts. (They will pop a little.) When mixture starts to turn a light clear-brown, as if it's starting to burn, remove from stove. Add soda and stir. Mixture will foam up.
- Spoon out bite-size pieces onto unbuttered foil, stirring constantly between each couple of pieces. Mixture can also be poured onto unbuttered foil as one big piece and broken into smaller pieces once cooled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 138 calories, CarbohydrateContent 23.3 g, FatContent 4.8 g, FiberContent 0.9 g, ProteinContent 2.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.7 g, SodiumContent 92.8 mg, SugarContent 16.2 g
More about "peanut brittle in a can recipes"
CLASSIC PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Popcorn Peanut Brittle: Prepare brittle as directed. Stir in 1 cup popped popcorn before pouring into pan.
PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
Total Time 1 hours 45 minutes
Calories 80 per serving
- Pour half the candy mixture onto each cookie sheet; quickly spread about 1/4 inch thick. Cool completely, at least 1 hour. Break into pieces. Store in covered container.
PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
BROWN SUGAR PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE - WHAT'S COOKING AMERICA
PEANUT BRITTLE - GRANDBABY CAKES
PEANUT BRITTLE - MY BAKING ADDICTION
MICROWAVE PEANUT BRITTLE - BELLY FULL
PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE - COOKING | ADD A PINCH | ROBYN STONE
PEANUT BRITTLE - SMALL TOWN WOMAN
EASY HOMEMADE PEANUT BRITTLE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
CAN YOU RECOOK HOMEMADE PEANUT BRITTLE OR FIX IT?
AMISH PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE - COOKTHINK
OLD-FASHIONED PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
MY PEANUT BRITTLE TURNED OUT STICKY, WHAT CAN I DO? | LEAFTV
GRANDMA'S PEANUT BRITTLE - A DASH OF SANITY
EASY HOMEMADE PEANUT BRITTLE (NO CANDY THERMOMETER ...
KETO PEANUT BRITTLE - MY KETO KITCHEN - FREE RECIPES, LOW ...
PEANUT BRITTLE - BEST OLD FASHIONED PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE