PAT-A-CAKE SCONES | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
This easy scone recipe is fun to make with kids. Delicious and filling for breakfast, scones also make hearty snacks and desserts.
Provided by Better Homes & Gardens
Categories Recipes and Cooking
Total Time 38 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Yield 6 to 8 scones
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, the 1/3 cup sugar, the baking powder, and salt. Make a big dent or well in the center of flour mixture. Add the 3/4 cup whipping cream and lemon peel.
- Stir until mixture is crumbly. Coat hands with a little flour. Use your hands to gently knead the dough in the mixing bowl until it can be formed into a ball. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Gently roll or pat the dough into a 7-1/2-inch circle. Using a table knife, cut the dough like a pizza into 6 or 8 wedges to make scones. Place scones about 1-inch apart on an ungreased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Lightly brush scones with additional cream; sprinkle with additional sugar. Bake about 18 minutes or until scones are golden brown on the tops and the bottoms. Use a wide metal spatula to remove the scones from cookie sheet. Serve warm. Makes 6 to 8 scones.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260 calories, CarbohydrateContent 35 g, CholesterolContent 43 mg, FatContent 12 g, ProteinContent 4 g, SaturatedFatContent 7 g, SodiumContent 340 mg
PAT-A-CAKE SCONES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
This recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens. SO simple and great to include on a holiday cookie platter. I loved changing the topping sugars to colored sugars that went with the season - like green and red for Xmas.
Total Time 28 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 18 minutes
Yield 6-8 scones
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Make a big dent or well in center of mixture.
- Pour in 3/4 cup whipping cream and lemon peel.
- Stir until mixture is crumbly.
- Coat hands with a little flour.
- Use your hands (no need to use a rolling pin) to gently knead the dough in the mixing bowl until it can form a ball.
- Gently roll or pat the dough into a 7 1/2-inch circle on a floured surface.
- Cut the dough into pizza-shaped triangles.
- You should yield 6 or 8 wedges.
- Place scones about 1-inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Lightly brush scones with additional cream; sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake about 18 minutes or until scones are brown on tops and bottoms.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 286.3, FatContent 14.1, SaturatedFatContent 8.6, CholesterolContent 51, SodiumContent 329.6, CarbohydrateContent 36.5, FiberContent 0.9, SugarContent 11.2, ProteinContent 4
More about "pate a cake recipes"
CHRISTMAS PATE AND TERRINE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
PATE A CHOUX DOUGH RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Total Time 55 minutes
- Fit a pastry bag with a round #5 tip and fill with the warm dough. Line a heavy cookie sheet with parchment paper and anchor it to the tray with a little dab of the dough at each corner. Pipe about forty to forty five 1 1/2-inch mounds about 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden and puffed. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 10 minutes or until they are golden brown and there are no droplets of moisture in the crevices. Turn off oven and leave the choux to dry for another 10 minutes. Use when cool, or freeze, wrapped in a plastic bag, for 2-3 months.
CHICKEN LIVER PATE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 35 minutes
Category Appetizers and Snacks, Dips and Spreads Recipes, Pate Recipes
Calories 66.1 calories per serving
- Place chicken liver mixture in a blender with dry sherry, cream cheese, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl, cover and chill in the refrigerator approximately 2 hours before serving.
POTATO CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 35 minutes
Category Breakfast and Brunch, Potatoes
Calories 602.7 calories per serving
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over a low heat. Drop pancake-size (4 inch circles) lumps of mashed potatoes into the frying pan. Pat to flatten to 1/2 to 1 inch thickness. Sprinkle some cheddar cheese onto the mashed potato cake. Spoon more potato mixture over the cheese. Flip the potato cake over when the bottom is browned (about 10 minutes). Brown the other side (about 10 minutes).
CHICKEN LIVER PÂTÉ RECIPE - JACQUES PÉPIN | FOOD & WINE
Total Time 35 minutes
- Discard the bay leaf. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the livers, onion and garlic to a food processor; process until coarsely pureed. With the machine on, add the butter, 2 tablespoons at a time, until incorporated. Add the Cognac, season with salt and pepper and process until completely smooth. Scrape the pâté into 2 or 3 large ramekins. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the pâté and refrigerate until firm. Serve chilled.
EASY CHRISTMAS PÂTÉ RECIPES - OLIVEMAGAZINE
PATE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST MEAT PATE RECIPES | YUMMLY
PATE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
PATE A CHOUX RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
PÂTE À CHOUX | KING ARTHUR BAKING
PÂTÉ EN CROÛTE - ILLUSTRATED RECIPE - MEILLEUR DU CHEF
10 CAKE RECIPES FOR EVERY TYPE OF SWEET TOOTH
HOW TO TEACH PAT-A-CAKE - SUPER SIMPLE