NO-FLIP BLUEBERRY OVEN PANCAKE RECIPE | BON APPÉTIT
Making one giant pancake instead of a bunch of smaller ones means that everyone can sit down to pancake breakfast at the same time. Use the 10 minutes when the pancake is in the oven to locate your maple syrup and butter and get plates onto the table.
Provided by Carla Lalli Music
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 375°. Whisk 1 cup all-purpose flour and ? cup cornmeal in a small bowl.
- Whisk 2 large eggs, ¼ cup sugar, 1 Tbsp. baking powder, 2 tsp. Diamond Crystal or 1¼ tsp. Morton kosher salt, and ½ tsp. baking soda in a medium bowl until eggs are lightened and smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Add ¾ cup buttermilk and half of the dry ingredients and whisk very gently just to barely combine.
- Add 2 Tbsp. melted butter, remaining ¾ cup buttermilk, and remaining dry ingredients and whisk just to combine (some lumps are okay). Adding the dry ingredients in two batches, rather than all at once, lessens the risk of over-mixing (which would deflate and toughen the batter).
- Using a wooden spoon, fold in 1 cup fresh blueberries. We're using conventional blueberries—the kind you pick up at the grocery store—because they're so easy to find. But if you have access to those teeny-tiny, burst-in-your-mouth wild blueberries (what, are you in Maine or something?), by all means, use those.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil and 2 Tbsp. melted butter in a large oven-safe nonstick skillet (make sure it's at least 8 inches in diameter) over medium-high. We're using a combination of oil and butter because butter adds a lot of flavor but has a low smoke point (which means that it burns easily); mixing it with oil raises that smoke point so that we can have the best of both worlds.
- When foaming subsides, scrape in batter and use the back of a spoon to gently nudge it all the way to the edges.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, shaking pan back and forth occasionally to ensure pancake will eventually slide out freely, until bubbles appear across surface of pancake, 5–6 minutes (it will still look quite wet and uncooked in the center, but you should see some browning around the outer edge).
- Transfer pan to oven and cook until pancake is puffed and set, 10–12 minutes. Invert pancake onto a large plate or platter. Admire the crispy, burnished top—its pock-marked surface contains all of your lacey-edged pancake fantasies.
- Cut into wedges and serve with room-temperature butter and maple syrup.
THE BEST PANCAKES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE PANCAKES AT HOME
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and sugar together. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, milk, butter and vanilla together. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and whisk in the milk mixture to make a smooth batter.
- Heat a large, lightly greased non-stick frying pan over a low-medium heat. Working in batches of three at a time, pour ¼ cups of batter into the pan. Cook the pancakes for 1-2 minutes, until bubbles break on the surface and the underside is golden brown. Flip the pancakes over and cook for 1 minute and remove from the pan onto a plate. Keep a clean tea towel over the plate of cooked pancakes to keep them warm.
- Stack and serve the pancakes with maple syrup and blueberries or the topping of your choice. If you're looking for something more gourmet, choose from some of our sweet and savoury topping ideas below.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261 calories, CarbohydrateContent 30.8 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 6.1 grams sugar, FatContent 11.1 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 6.1 grams saturated fat, FiberContent 0.8 grams fiber, ProteinContent 8.6 grams protein, SodiumContent 269 milligrams sodium, ServingSize 114g
11 FRUIT PANCAKE RECIPES YOU’LL FLIP FOR - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
FLUFFY PANCAKES RECIPE: FLIP, FRY AND ENJOY
WHEN TO FLIP PANCAKES | LAURA FUENTES
EXPERT TIPS FOR COOKING & FLIPPING PANCAKES - A WELL ...
GOOD OLD FASHIONED PANCAKES | ALLRECIPES
THE BEST FLUFFY PANCAKES ARE SO EASY TO MAKE - CAFE DELITES
PANCAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
HOW TO FLIP A PANCAKE | BBC GOOD FOOD
DECADENT PANCAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
MASTER THE FLIP: IF YOU’VE NEVER FLIPPED A PANCAKE, THIS ...
25+ HEALTHY PANCAKE RECIPES | EATINGWELL
BABYCAKES FLIP OVER PANCAKE MAKER - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
THE BEST 8 PROTEIN PANCAKE RECIPES | GAINFUL
PANCAKE CEREAL - MINI PANCAKE FUN! • PANCAKE RECIPES
PERFECT PANCAKES - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
PROTEIN PANCAKES RECIPE - FED & FIT
HIGH-PROTEIN LENTIL PANCAKES – FLIP AND FLAVOUR | HURRY ...
40+ HOMEMADE PANCAKE RECIPES | MYRECIPES
SWEET POTATO PANCAKES - FOOD RECIPES