PAN SEARED T-BONE STEAK RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN ...
Stay in and bring the steakhouse to you. It's easier than you think to make a juicy, perfectly-seared T-bone at home. A hot pan and a few ingredients are all you need for this impressive dinner.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Total Time 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. A half-hour before cooking, remove steak from refrigerator.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Pat steak dry and season generously with salt and pepper. Add oil to hot skillet and when it begins to smoke add steak. Reduce heat slightly and cook steak until browned, about 4 minutes on each side. Transfer skillet to the oven. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted sideways into the steak registers 120 degrees F for medium-rare, about 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes. Cut steak from the bone and carve meat across the grain.
PAN-SEARED STEAK WITH RED WINE SAUCE RECIPE - NYT COOKING
You can use any cut of steak, either bone-in or boneless, to make this classic French bistro dish. Steaks cut from the tenderloin, such as filet mignon, are the most tender pieces of beef, though they lack the assertively beefy chew of sirloins and rib steaks. Adding brandy to the pan sauce not only contributes flavor; its high alcohol content and acidity help extract flavor from the pan drippings. However, if setting it on fire makes you nervous, skip that step and let the brandy simmer down for an extra few minutes to cook off most of the alcohol. Make sure to open a good bottle of red wine to use in the sauce here, preferably one that you’re happy to finish off with dinner. This recipe is part of The New Essentials of French Cooking, a guide to definitive dishes every modern cook should master.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Total Time 35 minutes
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Generously sprinkle salt and pepper all over steaks, then let steaks rest uncovered for 15 minutes at room temperature. Meanwhile, mince the shallots.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter and the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until almost smoking. Add steaks and cook until done to taste, about 3 to 4 minutes per side for rare and a little longer for medium-rare or medium. (Bone-in steaks take a few minutes longer to cook through than boneless.) If the pan begins to smoke or burn, lower the heat. Transfer steaks to a plate to rest while you prepare the sauce.
- Add shallots to the skillet and cook over medium heat until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Add brandy to the skillet and use a long-handled match or igniter to set the brandy on fire. (Stand back when you do this.) Let flames die out, then add red wine and cook until reduced and syrupy, 2 to 4 minutes. Add stock and boil until reduced and thickened, 3 to 4 minutes longer.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons butter and the chives. Serve steaks and sauce immediately with watercress.
Nutrition Facts : @context http//schema.org, Calories 517, UnsaturatedFatContent 17 grams, CarbohydrateContent 7 grams, FatContent 35 grams, FiberContent 1 gram, ProteinContent 35 grams, SaturatedFatContent 16 grams, SodiumContent 594 milligrams, SugarContent 3 grams, TransFatContent 2 grams
More about "pan seared steak and onions recipes"
PAN-SEARED COD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
Total Time 25 minutes
Calories 378 calories per serving
- Pat cod dry with paper towels; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Brown fillets lightly on both sides; remove from pan., In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until softened, 4-5 minutes. Stir in wine; cook until onion is lightly browned, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes longer. Return cod to pan. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 2-3 minutes., Remove cod from pan. Stir cilantro and pine nuts into onion; serve with fish.
SKILLET BOURBON STEAK RECIPE - EASY & DELICIOUS SIRLOIN ...
Total Time 40 minutes
Calories 368 kcal per serving
- FOR THE BOURBON SAUCE
PAN-SEARED STEAK AND ONIONS RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
PAN SEARED SALMON I RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
SALISBURY STEAK EASY DINNER RECIPE - ONE PAN MEAL
PAN-SEARED DUCK BREAST WITH ORANGE PAN SAUCE RECIPE
44 BEST STEAK RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
PAN SEARED OVEN ROASTED PORK TENDERLOIN FROM 101 COOKING ...
10 BEST BAKED TUNA STEAK RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO COOK SKIRT STEAK - SIMPLY RECIPES
10 BEST AHI AHI TUNA STEAK RECIPES | YUMMLY
HEALTHY STEAK RECIPES | EATINGWELL
11 BEST LEFTOVER STEAK RECIPES [QUESADILLAS, POT PIE ...
PAN SEARED BLACKENED AHI TUNA | KEVIN IS COOKING
THREE EASY ROUND STEAK MEAL RECIPES | BARBARA BAKES
PAN-SEARED STEELHEAD TROUT - BUSY COOKS
SIRLOIN STEAK RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
EASY PAN-SEARED PORK CHOPS