PAN CON POLLO RECIPE -
This recipe is traditional because it goes down to my roots. It is a chicken sandwich with french bread. A mixture between cabbage and mayonnaise topped off with a special tomato sauce.
Total Time 2 hours 30 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- 1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Turn off heat and stir in cabbage and carrots; let stand for 2 minutes then drain in a colander. Rinse well with cold water, then squeeze dry.
- 2. Place shredded cabbage and carrots into a large bowl along with the onion, oregano, and mayonnaise. Mix together until you have a mixture resembling coleslaw. This is the curtido.
- 3. To prepare sandwiches, lightly spread each roll with mayonnaise and pile with meat. Place a scoop of curtido on top of the CHICKEN, and finish with sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, watercress and radishes.
- all bread is cut in half as pictured above and is put little mayonnaise, some cabbage, tomato, cucumber, radish, then the piece of chicken, watercress and lettuce. You can also use a turkey instead of chicken breast.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 431.3, FatContent 10.7, SaturatedFatContent 3, CholesterolContent 42.5, SodiumContent 497, CarbohydrateContent 62.6, FiberContent 7.5, SugarContent 12.5, ProteinContent 23.4
THE BEST PAN CON POLLO | SHREDDED CHICKEN SANDWICH
This hearty chicken stew for Pan con Pollo, made with rotisserie chicken, is a one-pot meal that can be on the table in under an hour to make a flavorful smothered chicken Sandwich that will melt in your mouth as you bite into it.
Provided by Camila Benitez
Categories Main Course
Total Time 60 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 28
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large saucepan. When hot, add the chile arbol, chile guajillo, Chile Pasilla, and chile ancho and saute, frequently stirring for 1 to 2 minutes or until the oil begins to turn a bit orange from the chiles; remove them from the pot with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the garlic, fresh tomatoes, poblanos pepper, and onion, and cook over medium-low heat until the vegetables soften, occasionally stirring about 5 minutes. Return the chiles into the saucepan and add the crushed canned tomato, water; season with chicken bouillon, sazon goya culantro y achiote, sugar, black pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce heat to low (stirring and constantly scraping the bottom of the pan).
- Using an immersion blender or a standard blender, process the mixture in batches until smooth enough for your taste. If using a standard blender, take care not to fill the jar more than half full per batch, leave the hole in the lid open, cover with a clean dishtowel to allow the heat to escape), and pour it back into the saucepan.
- Add the disassembled bone-in rotisserie chicken and bay leaves to the saucepan to help the sauce develop more flavor, and bring the sauce to a simmer and cook, occasionally stirring, until it has deepened in color and reduced slightly, about 30 minutes (if the sauce begins to scorch, lower the heat). The sauce is done when the sauce is thickened and no longer watery.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, if needed. Remove the bay leaves along with the chicken and set aside until cool enough to handle. Shred into bite-size pieces using your hands or two forks, discarding the bones, and return the meat to the pot.
- To Assemble the Shredded Chicken Sandwich "Pan con Pollo."
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving
More about "pan con pollo recipes"
ARROZ CON POLLO RECIPE - QUICK FROM SCRATCH CHICKEN | FOOD ...
Total Time 50 minutes
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, broth, and the remaining 1 3/4 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper and bring to a simmer. Stir in the rice and add the chicken in an even layer. Simmer, partially covered, over moderately low heat until the chicken and rice are just done, 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
BEST ARROZ CON POLLO RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ARROZ CON POLLO
Total Time 1 hours 20 minutes
Category gluten-free, low sugar, nut-free, weeknight meals, dinner, lunch, main dish
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels, then season all over with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine cumin, oregano, garlic powder, and cayenne. Rub mixture into chicken. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken and cook until golden, 5 minutes per side. Remove skillet and reserve on a plate. To same skillet over medium heat, add onion and pepper. Cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more, then stir in tomato paste. Add rice and cook until well coated and toasted, 3 minutes. Pour in chicken broth and diced tomatoes, and bay leaf, stirring up any bits from bottom of pan. Bring to a boil, then add chicken back to skillet. Reduce heat and let simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender, 30 minutes. Stir occasionally to make sure rice is not sticking to bottom of pan. Add more water or broth as necessary. Remove bay leaf and serve with cilantro.
PAN CON CHICHARRÓN: PORK & POTATO SANDWICH - PERUVIAN STYLE
Total Time 110 minutes
Category Breakfast, Starter
- Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee or tea, and if you want to really feel like you’re in Peru, put on some traditional música criolla on in the background to complete the scene.
POLLO CON QUESO (LOW CARB + KETO) - FARM LIFE DIY
Total Time 17 minutes
Calories 438 calories per serving
- Add the chicken to the skillet and toss in the queso. Serve immediately.
ARROZ CON POLLO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Wine Recommendation: This traditional Spanish favorite will work well with any smooth, full-flavored red, such as a merlot or zinfandel from California or a Rioja from Spain.
PANES CON POLLO - WELCOME TO FOODTOPIA!
PAN CON PAVO (OR POLLO) - DOMESTICATING MOM
PAN CON POLLO SALVADORENO RECIPES
PAN CON POLLO - RECETA SALVADOREÑA - PANES CON POLLO
PAN CON POLLO SALVADORENO RECIPES
PANES CON POLLO SALVADOREÑOS I UNA TRADICION NAVIDEÑA
ONE PAN CRISPY ARROZ CON POLLO RECIPE -
ONE-PAN KETO POLLO CON QUESO | MY RECIPE POSTS
WHAT'S FOR DINNER? TRADITIONAL PANAMANIAN ARROZ CON POLLO ...
ONE PAN SPANISH CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE (ARROZ CON POLLO ...
PANES RELLENOS (SALVADOREAN STYLE SMOTHERED TORTA) RECIPE ...
BIG Y - ARROZ CON POLLO
PASTA CON POLLO (CHICKEN PASTA) - MUY BUENO COOKBOOK