MAKING CRISPY ONION RINGS | ALLRECIPES
This recipe for onion rings is so easy and so amazingly crispy, you can now make up for all those years of deep-fried denial by making these at home.
Provided by Chef John
Categories Appetizers and Snacks
Total Time 30 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, dry potato flakes, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Whisk in club soda to make a smooth batter.
- Place panko bread crumbs in a shallow bowl.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place a few onion rings at a time into the bowl of batter and turn to coat all sides with batter.
- Remove onion rings from batter and place into pan of panko bread crumbs; turn to coat completely with crumbs.
- Cook a few rings at a time in the hot oil until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack set over paper towels to drain. Season with salt to taste and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 178.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 32.5 g, FatContent 6.5 g, FiberContent 0.9 g, ProteinContent 4.1 g, SaturatedFatContent 1 g, SodiumContent 135.8 mg, SugarContent 1.6 g
SLOW COOKER FRENCH ONION SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
This slow cooker french onion soup is so easy and delicious, you’ll never return to your stovetop ways. The slow cooker completely eliminates the stirring element of caramelizing onions. After hours in the low heat, the sliced onions will become soft and jammy with a rich, dark brown coloring—no attention necessary. Although you’ll need to start this soup the morning of, you’ll gain nine hours of enticing aromas that will warm your kitchen on a chilly winter day. If you don’t plan to eat it all, freeze the bag of soup in a bowl rather than laying it flat, so it will fit in the saucepan when it's time to thaw. Get ready for this slow cooker french onion soup to be the most requested dish in your house.
Provided by Diane Morgan
Total Time 9 hours 0 minutes
Yield Serves 12
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place butter, thyme, and bay leaf in the bottom of a 6-quart electric slow cooker. Add onions; sprinkle with sugar. Cover and cook on HIGH for 8 hours.
- Remove thyme and bay leaf; discard. Add stock, vinegar, salt, and pepper; cook, covered, on HIGH for 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Arrange bread in a single layer on 2 baking sheets; broil 30 seconds on each side or until toasted. Place 1 cup soup in each of 12 (8-ounce) ramekins or ovenproof bowls, or follow freezing instructions. Top each serving with 2 bread slices and about 2 tablespoons cheese. Place 6 ramekins on a jelly-roll pan; broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts and begins to brown. Repeat procedure with remaining 6 ramekins, bread slices, and cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 240 calories, CarbohydrateContent 33 g, CholesterolContent 23 mg, FatContent 8.3 g, FiberContent 2 g, ProteinContent 9 g, SaturatedFatContent 4.8 g, SodiumContent 511 mg
More about "onion bad for you recipes"
BURGER KING ZESTY ONION RING SAUCE - TOP SECRET RECIPES
Total Time 5 minutes0S
Calories 119 calories per serving
ONION SYRUP COUGH & COLD REMEDY RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 12 hours 5 minutes
Calories 19.8 per serving
- Serve by the teaspoonful when needed for coughs and colds.
FRENCH ONION SOUP CASSEROLE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
Total Time 1 hours 50 minutes
- Layer half of the toasted baguette slices in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Spoon onion mixture evenly over bread. Top evenly with remaining baguette slices. Sprinkle with cheese; cover with aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes. Increase heat to broil. Remove foil; broil until cheese is bubbly, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with thyme leaves.
9 BEST ONION SUBSTITUTES FOR FABULOUS FLAVOR YOU MUST TRY ...
THE 11 BEST ONION POWDER SUBSTITUTES FOR YOUR RECIPES
GARLIC AND ONION BURGERS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
RECIPES | BAD MANNERS
FRENCH ONION SOUP | RECIPETIN EATS
BAKED ONION RINGS - DAMN DELICIOUS
HOMEMADE FRENCH ONION DIP | RECIPETIN EATS
FORGET ONION RINGS, THESE ONION PATTIES ARE GOING TO ROCK ...
RECIPE ARE PERFECTS – FREE DAILY RECIPES
FRENCH ONION SOUP (SOUPE À L'OIGNON GRATINÉE) RECIPE
10 LEFTOVER MEATBALL RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE - INSANELY GOOD
FRENCH ONION BEEF AND NOODLES - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
AIRFRYER CRISPY ROASTED ONION POTATOES - 20 MINUTE RECIPE
MARCELLA HAZAN'S TOMATO SAUCE WITH ONION & BUTTER RECIPE ...
VENISON - MULTITUDE OF RECIPES TO COOK VENISON EXACTY HOW ...