MEDITERRANEAN BLACK OLIVE BREAD RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, yeast, sugar, salt, black olives, olive oil, and water.
- Turn out dough onto a floured board. Knead until smooth and elastic, 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside, and let rise about 45 minutes, until it doubles in size. Punch down. Knead well again, for about 5 to 10 minutes. Let rise for about 30 minutes, until it doubles in size.
- Round the dough on kneading board. Place upside down in a bowl lined with a lint-free, well floured towel. Let rise until double in size.
- While the bread is rising for the third time, put a pan of water in the bottom of the oven. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Gently turn loaf out onto a sheet pan that has been lightly oiled and dusted with cornmeal.
- Bake loaf at 500 degrees F (260 degrees C) for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Bake for 30 more minutes, or until done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 138.4 calories, CarbohydrateContent 22.5 g, FatContent 3.7 g, FiberContent 0.9 g, ProteinContent 3.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.5 g, SodiumContent 197.3 mg, SugarContent 1.8 g
HUMMINGBIRD CAKE | COMFORT FOOD | JAMIE OLIVER
Quite simply, this beautiful cake is bloody delicious – bake it, and get it in your gob. Light fluffy sponge with banana and pineapple galore, a crunchy dusting of pecan brittle, and a little reminder that zesty cream cheese icings rock – it’s near perfection. For special occasions, to treat your loved ones, or purely for those moments when you just need a good slice of cake, this hummingbird beauty is guaranteed to hit the spot.
Total Time 1 hours
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- Grease and line two 23cm round cake tins.
- Sift the flour and cinnamon into a mixing bowl, then add the sugar and a large pinch of sea salt.
- Peel the bananas and mash them up with a fork in another bowl. Drain and finely chop the pineapple and add to the bananas with the oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until combined, then fold into the dry mixture until smooth.
- Finely chop the pecans and gently fold in, then divide the batter evenly between your prepared tins. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until risen, golden and the sponges spring back when touched lightly in the centre.
- Run a knife around the edge of the tins, then leave to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make the icing, sift the icing sugar into a free-standing electric mixer, add the butter and beat until pale and creamy.
- Add the cream cheese, finely grate in the zest of 1 lime and add a squeeze of juice, then beat until just smooth – it’s really important not to over-mix it. Keep in the fridge until needed.
- To make a brittle topping, place the caster sugar and a splash of water in a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat. Shake flat and don’t stir it, just swirl the pan occasionally until dissolved and lightly golden.
- Add the pecans and a pinch of salt, spoon around to coat, and when nicely golden, pour onto a sheet of oiled greaseproof paper to set (check out the how-to video below).
- Once cool, smash up to a dust (you’ll need about half to top the cake – save the rest for sprinkling over ice cream.
- To assemble the cake, place one sponge on a cake stand and spread with half the icing. Top with the other sponge, spread over the rest of the icing, then grate over the zest of the remaining lime.
- Scatter over the brittle dust and decorate with a few edible flowers, such as violas, borage or herb flowers, if you feel that way inclined.
- With a cup of tea on the side, this will make everyone who eats it extremely happy. Serve in a bluebell wood on a fallen tree, as you do.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 684 calories, FatContent 36.4 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 11 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 5.1 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 89.7 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 69 g sugar, SodiumContent 0.5 g salt, FiberContent 1.5 g fibre
More about "olivers bakery recipes"
BEST OLIVE OIL CAKE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE OLIVE OIL CAKE
Total Time 1 hours 35 minutes
Category vegetarian, baby shower, birthday party, bridal shower, cocktail party, dinner party, dessert
- Preheat oven to 350° and line an 9" round cake pan with parchment paper. Using your hands or a paper towel, coat the inside of your pan with olive oil. Sprinkle with granulated sugar and tap to coat inside of pan, shaking out any excess sugar. In a large mixing bowl using a hand mixer, beat eggs, sugar, orange zest, and lemon zest until pale yellow, thick, and mixture trails off beaters in ribbons, 3 to 5 minutes. Gradually beat in olive oil on highest speed, streaming it slowly down the edge of your bowl, until mixture is thick and olive oil is fully incorporated. Beat in almond extract. In a medium bowl, whisk to combine cake flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and beat until just combined. Beat in lemon juice, then another 1/3 of dry ingredients. Beat in orange juice, then the remaining dry ingredients until just combined. Transfer batter to prepared cake pan. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and orange zest for topping cake. Using your fingertips, rub the orange zest into the sugar to release the essential oils. Sprinkle mixture evenly over top of cake. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes. Let cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar.
RECIPES ARCHIVE - OLIVER'S MARKETS
BAKING RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
AMAZING CAKE RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER BAKING & DESSERT ...
DESSERTS - OLIVER'S MARKETS
BAKERY - OLIVER'S MARKETS
BAKERY & CAFÉ - OLIVER'S MARKETS
OLIVER'S BAKERY | SERVING KENOSHA WISCONSIN FOR OVER 70 YEARS
HOME | OLIVIER'S BAKERY | FRENCH TRADITION FROM THE FRENCH ...
BAKING RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
BAKING RECIPES | COOKING GUIDES | JAMIE OLIVER
10 SIMPLE OVEN-BAKED DINNERS | FEATURES | JAMIE OLIVER
BAKERY STYLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - JOY + OLIVER
JAMIE OLIVER'S DELICIOUS SAUSAGE ROLL RECIPE MAY BE HIS ...
STONES BAKERY'S MINCE PIE RECIPE - SEASALT STORIES
HOME | OLIVER T'S MARKET
RECIPE ARCHIVE - SOBEYS INC.
RECIPES FROM PBS COOKING SHOWS | PBS FOOD ARCHIVE FOR
DEPARTMENTS - OLIVER'S MARKETS
THE HUMMINGBIRD BAKERY VANILLA CUPCAKES | AMERICAN RECIPES ...