More about "oldest sourdough starter for sale recipes"
JALAPENO CHEESE BREAD RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
A rich and spicy bread!
Provided by DeeDee Henderson
Categories Yeast Bread
Yield 3 - 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pans
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a very large bowl, combine 7 cups of flour, cheese, jalapenos, 7 tablespoons sugar and the salt; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the water, yeast and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Let sit about 10 minutes; stir until all yeast is dissolved.
- Add the oil to the liquid mixture, stirring . Add half of the liquid mixture to the flour mixture. Mix with hands to moisten flour as much as possible. Add remaining liquid mixture to dough and mix until flour is thoroughly incorporated.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead by hand until smooth and elastic to the touch, about 15 minutes, gradually adding only enough additional flour to keep dough from sticking.
- Place in a large greased bowl and invert dough so top is greased; cover with a dry towel and let stand in a warm place (90 - 100F) until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Punch down dough.
- To Make Bread: Divide dough into 3 equal portions. Form each into a ball, then stretch out dough with both hands and tuck edges under to form a smooth surface. Pop any large air bubbles by pinching them. Form into loaves. (Note: I like to use a rolling pin and roll out dough, which pops all bubbles easily and quickly.) Place in 3 greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pans. Cover with towel again and allow to rise until almost doubled in size, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) until dark brown and done, about 1 hour, rotating the pans after 25 minutes for more even browning. Remove from pan as soon as bread will easily lift out, after about 5 to 10 minutes. Let cool about 1 hour before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 213.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 29.4 g, CholesterolContent 15.8 mg, FatContent 7.2 g, FiberContent 1.1 g, ProteinContent 7.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.5 g, SodiumContent 210.9 mg, SugarContent 3.6 g
KANSAS CITY STEAK SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Sometimes you just need steak soup and this recipe yields a gallon of it. Really, a whole gallon. This is a roux-based soup made with round steak, tomatoes, carrots, and other vegetables. It …
Mar 03, 2020 · This whole wheat sourdough bread is another great bread for everyday baking if you like darker breads. (780) 489-4142 E-mail now CAD USD INR For Sale: Wholesale Bread Bakery Business for sale in NY - LISTING ID # 34033 This is a 25 year old wholesale bread business for sale …
LITHUANIAN CUISINE - WIKIPEDIA
Lithuanian cuisine features products suited to the cool and moist northern climate of Lithuania: barley, potatoes, rye, beets, greens, berries, and mushrooms are locally grown, and dairy products …
HOME FOOD PRESERVATION - 10 WAYS TO PRESERVE FOOD AT HOME
Jan 16, 2021 · Food ferments through the use of salt, whey or specific starter cultures. This makes it easier to digest and more nutritious. Fermented food is also known as “live culture food”. …
BAKED EGGS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
These creative recipes transform strawberry cake mix into brownies, cupcakes, cookies, and more, each with a stunning pink hue that's signature to strawberry cake. Plus, using cake mix …
THE MAGNIFICENT 7: MUST SEE, MUST DO, MARCH 2-8 ...
Mar 02, 2022 · The early pandemic sourdough trend may be long over, but the reasons to learn about one of humanity's oldest baking traditions are endless. Courtesy of City Market, …