More about "old fashioned tartar sauce recipe recipes"
SEVEN MINUTE FROSTING RECIPE - TASTE OF SOUTHERN
Follow the easy step-by-step, photo illustrated instructions for our Seven Minute Frosting Recipe. You're sure to love this old fashioned frosting recipe that's so easy to make. It's light, marshmallow fluffy texture is, a quick and easy change from all those butter cream frostings you've been making. Leave it plain, color it or, add a little flavoring for a frosting you can have ready to eat... in seven minutes.
Provided by Steve Gordon
Total Time 12 minutes
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 7 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place water in a small sauce pan.
- Add Sugar but, do not stir.
- Place saucepan over medium-high heat, bring to 238º.
- While sugar is cooking, separate the egg whites from the yolks. Save yolks for use later.
- Place the egg whites in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the Cream of Tartar.
- Add the pinch of Salt.
- Use a blender, on high speed and beat egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- When sugar syrup reaches 238º, slowly add, in a small stream, to the egg whites.
- Continue to beat the egg whites on high speed while adding all the sugar syrup over about a 5 minute period of time. Careful, the sugar syrup is very hot.
- Add the Vanilla Extract and beat another minute or so to incorporate the vanilla. Continue to beat only as long as needed to form firm peaks.
- Work quickly to spread over cake as the egg whites may continue to firm up and set.
OLD FASHIONED LEMON PIE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
This pie has a luscious, made-from-scratch lemon pudding, so you 'll need a double boiler. Fresh lemon juice and grated lemon rind are stirred into the thick pudding just before it 's poured …
OLD FASHIONED CHOCOLATE PIE - NEW SOUTH CHARM:
Mar 05, 2020 · This Old Fashioned Chocolate Pie recipe has been passed down through my family for three generations. It’s the first pie my mother learned to make and it was one of the first desserts learned to make from her. ... If you can’t tell from all the chocolate recipes I share. ... Whip the egg whites till thick add cram of tartar …
THE FOOD TIMELINE HISTORY NOTES--SAUCE
Sauces: For fish and sea-food hors d'oeuvres serve hot savory cocktail sauce or gourmet cocktail sauce or tartar sauce; for meat hors d'oeuvres, mustard cream sauce or hot savory cocktail sauce…
43 CAFETERIA COPYCAT RECIPES THAT'LL TAKE YOU BACK
Apr 18, 2018 · Old-Fashioned Tapioca My family loves old-fashioned tapioca, but I don’t always have time to make it. So I came up with this simple recipe that lets us enjoy one of our favorites without …
OLD-FASHIONED CHOCOLATE FUDGE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
People, real old fashioned fudge does take time, and yes…it does take a bit of actual physical labor. This is not a “pop it in the microwave and it’s done” type of candy, so don’t even bother (and …
OLD FASHIONED SALMON PATTIES - THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
Mar 21, 2017 · If the old fashioned salmon patties mixture feels too wet, add a bit more cracker crumbs. If it feels too dry, add a tad more milk or salmon juice (that was drained off). Barbara substituted the shortening in the original recipe with olive oil or butter, and she uses a combination of both to fry her salmon patties.
Thank you for making Chowhound a vibrant and passionate community of food trailblazers for 25 years. We wish you all the best on your …
CHOW DOWN | EHOW
Discover tasty and easy recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts, snacks, appetizers, healthy …
CHEX MIX PUPPY CHOW - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
Oct 30, 2019 · Put cereal in large bowl. Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over Chex cereal, put into a large plastic bag with powdered sugar …