FETTUCCINE WITH CREAM NUTMEG SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
I love this recipe! I honestly do not remember where I got it from, but it's delicious and simple to make. It's very rich so I definitely would not recommend this as a side dish. It's great all by itself with some garlic bread on the side.
Total Time 25 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook the fettucine in boiling salted water until just cooked or al dente (until somewhat firm texture is reached).
- Drain well.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet.
- Saute the garlic for 1-2 minutes over very low heat.
- Add wine to butter& garlic.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the sour cream, whipping cream, nutmeg and italian parsley.
- Heat cream and sour cream mixture until very hot but not boiling.
- Add parmesan cheese.
- Season to taste with salt& pepper.
- Pour hot sauce over hot fettucine and toss.
- Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese and chopped parsley, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 843.4, FatContent 54.5, SaturatedFatContent 32.8, CholesterolContent 237.7, SodiumContent 320.9, CarbohydrateContent 67.8, FiberContent 0.1, SugarContent 0.5, ProteinContent 19.4
ITALIAN TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
The best spaghetti sauce! We had this every Wednesday when I was growing up. The secret ingredient is the nutmeg. Just a pinch. Delicious! Serve over spaghetti.
Provided by cuttnshowmom
Categories Side Dish Sauces and Condiments Sauces Pasta Sauces Tomato
Total Time 50 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Saute onion, celery, and garlic in hot oil until softened, about 5 minutes; add beef and cook, stirring to break into small chunks, until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Stir stewed tomatoes and tomato paste with the beef mixture until smooth; add mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, sugar, nutmeg, oregano, and black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is flavorful, about 10 minutes.
- Stir baking soda into the sauce. Continue cooking until you can taste a reduction in acidity of the sauce, about 10 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 17.6 g, CholesterolContent 31.9 mg, FatContent 9.6 g, FiberContent 3.1 g, ProteinContent 12.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.3 g, SodiumContent 980.3 mg, SugarContent 12.4 g
More about "nutmeg in pasta sauce recipes"
CLASSIC ALFREDO SAUCE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Category Side Dish, Sauces and Condiments, Sauces, Pasta Sauces, Creamy, Alfredo
Calories 714.4 calories per serving
- Melt butter or margarine in a saucepan over medium heat. Add heavy cream, stirring constantly. Stir in salt, nutmeg, grated Parmesan cheese, and grated Romano cheese. Stir constantly until melted, then mix in egg yolk. Simmer over medium low heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Garnish with additional grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
NUTMEG SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 12 minutes
Calories 233.7 per serving
- When boiling hot, I whisked in the butter and stirred until thickened.
CLASSIC MARINARA SAUCE – NO OIL - NUTMEG NOTEBOOK
- In a dutch oven or large pot over medium high heat pour in a couple tablespoons of water and the minced garlic, saute just a minute or two , add more water to prevent sticking if needed – we don’t want to burn the garlic. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring it to a boil, turn down the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring a couple times during the simmer.
MARCELLA HAZAN’S BOLOGNESE SAUCE RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Total Time 4 hours
- Toss with cooked drained pasta, adding the tablespoon of butter, and serve with freshly grated Parmesan on the side.
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE | GIADA DE LAURENTIIS | FOOD NETWORK
Total Time 20 minutes
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Drain. Stir 2 cups of the cream and the lemon juice in a heavy large skillet to blend. Add the butter and cook over medium heat just until the butter melts, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the pasta and toss. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of cream, and Parmesan to the cream sauce in the skillet. Add the lemon zest, nutmeg, salt, and white pepper. Toss the pasta mixture over low heat until the sauce thickens slightly, about 1 minute.
WHITE SAUCE PASTA RECIPE ALFREDO BECHAMEL SAUCE - ALL ...
PASTA WITH PARMESAN AND NUTMEG | THE PAUPERED CHEF
PASTA WITH SPINACH, NUTMEG, AND SHRIMP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
NUTMEG IN PASTA SAUCE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
HOMEMADE SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH NUTMEG RECIPE | GROUP RECIPES
NUTMEG PASTA SAUCE - COOKEATSHARE - RECIPES
CREAMY NUTMEG PASTA RECIPE
WHITE SAUCE WITH NUTMEG RECIPES
WHITE SAUCE PASTA - TASTED RECIPES
COOKING WITH ITALIAN SPICES – NUTMEG | JOVINA COOKS
BECHAMEL SAUCE - JO COOKS
NUTMEG RECIPES - COOKING WITH NUTMEG - DELISH