NOUGAT RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
- Line the sides and base of a 4 by 6-inch baking pan with rice paper. Whisk the egg white in a heatproof bowl until stiff.
- Combine the sugar, glucose, honey and water in a small saucepan. Stir over very low heat until the mixture reaches the small crack stage, or 275 degrees F on a candy thermometer, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. While whisking, drizzle the syrup into the egg white and continue whisking until glossy and beginning to stiffen.
- Stir in the almonds, and spread the mixture over the rice paper in the prepared pan, pressing it down well. Cover with another layer of rice paper, and place a light weight evenly over the top. Leave nougat until cold, and then cut into squares, wrap in waxed paper, and store in an airtight container.
CLASSIC NOUGAT RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Make nougat as an edible gift, or as a sweet treat to enjoy with family and friends. It's worth investing in a sugar thermometer for making confectionary
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Total Time 35 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Yield Makes about 50 squares
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Scatter the nuts over a baking tray and toast in the oven for 10 mins, then set aside (they don’t need to cool). Cut the two pieces of rice paper to fit a 20 x 20cm square tin. Line the tin with one sheet of rice paper, brush the sides of the tin with oil, then dust the tin with icing sugar.
- Put the honey into a saucepan, then in another saucepan tip in the sugar, glucose and 100ml of water. Put the egg whites in the very clean bowl of a tabletop mixer with a whisk attachment and whisk on a low speed. Heat and boil the honey until it reaches 121C on a digital cooking thermometer, then straightaway pour the honey over the egg whites and set the speed to medium. While the whites and honey are whisking, bring the sugar and water to the boil and keep boiling until the syrup reaches 145C exactly on a digital cooking thermometer. Pour the hot syrup in a slow, steady stream into the beating egg white mixture. Continue beating for about 10 mins until you have a thick, glossy, firm meringue. It’s hard to over-whisk at this stage but easy to under-whisk, so keep going until the meringue looks like sticky chewing gum.
- Use a spatula to stir though the nuts (which should still be warm), the vanilla extract and a small pinch of salt. Scrape the mixture into the lined tin, then smooth over to spread the mixture out evenly (if you have an offset spatula, now is the time to use it). Finally, top with the remaining sheet of rice paper and press down. Leave the nougat to set for at least 2 hrs or overnight.
- To turn out and portion, use a spatula to loosen the edges of the nougat away from the tin, then invert the tin on to a clean board and use a sharp serated, hot knife to portion into bars or squares. The nougat will keep, stored in an airtight container, for up to a month.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 80 calories, FatContent 3 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 0.3 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 11 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 10 grams sugar, FiberContent 0.4 grams fiber, ProteinContent 1 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.02 milligram of sodium
More about "nougat ingredients recipes"
CHOCOLATE, PISTACHIO & NOUGAT SEMIFREDDO - BBC GOOD FOOD
Total Time 30 minutes
Calories 490 calories per serving
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin, smooth the surface with a spoon, then cover and freeze until firm. This can be done up to 2 weeks ahead. To serve, turn out onto a serving dish, remove the cling film and leave in the fridge for 15 mins to soften slightly before slicing.
SOFT AND CHEWY NOUGAT - JAMIE GELLER
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare an 8- x 8-inch baking pan with rice paper or parchment paper sprayed with cooking spray. 2. Spread nuts on baking sheet and toast for about 10 minutes at 350°F. Set aside to cool. 3. Combine sugar, honey, and water in a small, deep heavy saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Attach a candy thermometer to the side of the pan. Increase heat and boil until thermometer registers 280°F, about 3 to 5 minutes. 4. At the same time, beat egg white and salt in a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment until soft peaks form. With the mixer running slowly, very carefully stream hot syrup into egg whites. Beat until meringue is thick and has cooled slightly, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the bowl from the mixer and add dried fruit and toasted nuts, or even chocolate chips, to meringue; mix nougat with a rubber spatula to distribute evenly. 5. Place nougat on the prepared pan, spreading in an even layer. Top with second sheet of rice paper or sprayed parchment. Use spatula to press the nougat into an even layer. Let nougat set at room temperature for at least 2 hours, but overnight is best. 6. Cut with a knife and store in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days. Nougat can also be kept in freezer for a month.
24 EASY ASIAN DESSERTS – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
HOMEMADE NOUGAT CANDY – A COALCRACKER IN THE KITCHEN
Cuisine Coal Region
- Can be stored in refrigerator or frozen.
3-INGREDIENT SECRET-CENTER COOKIE CUPS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
Total Time 1 hours 10 minutes
Calories 150 per serving
- Spoon frosting into pastry bag with a star tip. Pipe frosting on top of each cookie cup.
THE 7 BEST NOUGAT CANDY RECIPES
TORRONE (ITALIAN NUT AND NOUGAT CONFECTION) | ALLRECIPES
NOUGAT - WIKIPEDIA
ARCHWAY HOLIDAY NOUGAT COOKIES RECIPE - GROUP RECIPES
CHRISTMAS NOUGAT (EASY GUMDROP NOUGAT CANDY) - BAKE IT ...
NOUGAT CANDY - SPARKLES TO SPRINKLES
NOUGAT CANDY - SPARKLES TO SPRINKLES
TORRONE (ITALIAN NOUGAT) RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOW TO MAKE NOUGAT (WITH PICTURES) - WIKIHOW
ALMOND RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
GUMDROP NOUGAT CANDY - KELLY LYNN'S SWEETS AND TREATS
CHRISTMAS GUMDROP NOUGAT - THE FARM GIRL GABS®
TURRóN DE ALICANTE RECIPE (SPANISH HARD ALMOND NOUGAT …
RECIPES | EAT YOUR BOOKS
EASY HOMEMADE CHRISTMAS CANDY WITH GUMDROPS, NOUGA…
61 FESTIVE CHRISTMAS CANDY RECIPES | EPICURIOUS | EPICURIO…
CANDY RECIPES - SERIOUS EATS
HEALTHY DESSERT RECIPES - DESSERTS WITH BENEFITS
31 CHRISTMAS CANDY RECIPES TO MAKE AHEAD - 31 DAILY
LEBANESE RECIPES FROM LEBANESE COOKBOOK AUTHOR MAUREEN ABOOD
DIVINITY CANDY RECIPE (4 INGREDIENTS!) - I HEART NAPTIME
100 RECIPES TO MAKE IN YOUR STAND MIXER - EPICURIOUS
TOFFEE RECIPES - BBC FOOD
TEMPURA PAK INDO HALAL RESTAURANT IN HOUSTON, TX
MYSTIC SALVAGE KIT - GUILD WARS 2 WIKI (GW2W)
GREAT BRITISH CHEFS - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
GET-AHEAD CHRISTMAS COOKING: 15+ FESTIVE ICE-CREAM ...
LAVOLIO BOUTIQUE CONFECTIONERY