NORWEGIAN KRUMKAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
If you like a mildly flavorful and crispy wafer-like cookie, this is it! Other flavorings can be added in addition to or instead of vanilla. You can even use this recipe to make your own ice cream cones. Easy and quick! Pipe them with whipped cream or dip in melted chocolate.
Provided by SUCCESSB440
Total Time 35 minutes
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield 50 krumkake
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat krumkake iron on stove over medium heat. You can also use an electric krumkake or pizzelle iron.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a bowl. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well using a spoon. Pour in the milk, flour, vanilla, and butter flavoring; mix well.
- Place a teaspoon of the batter on the preheated iron, and press together. Cook until browned, about 30 seconds per side, depending on the heat. Remove from the iron and quickly roll up around a stick or around a cone before they harden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 50.8 calories, CarbohydrateContent 7.1 g, CholesterolContent 12.7 mg, FatContent 2.2 g, FiberContent 0.1 g, ProteinContent 0.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.3 g, SodiumContent 5.1 mg, SugarContent 4.3 g
WHIPPED CREAM KRUMKAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Our hometown has a rich Norwegian culture. That heritage is evident during our annual Nordic Fest, where this classic krumkake recipe is king. Here's your introduction to the timeless treat. —Imelda Nesteby, Decorah, Iowa
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 60 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Yield about 3 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Beat eggs in a bowl until very light. Add sugar gradually, beating to blend. Slowly add melted butter, then whipped cream and nutmeg. Mix in flour. (Dough will be consistency of cookie dough.) Chill dough thoroughly. , Preheat krumkake iron over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until a drop of water "dances" when dropped onto plates. Brush plates with butter; place 1 tablespoon dough in center of lower plate. Close iron and press handles together. If excess dough comes out sides, remove with a table knife. , Bake for about 30 seconds; flip iron and bake for about 30 seconds on the other side. Remove krumkake and immediately roll over a cone-shaped form. Place seam side down on parchment to cool; remove form. , If desired, fill some or all of the cooled cones with sweetened whipped cream. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 81 calories, FatContent 4g fat (3g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 26mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 7mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 1g protein.
More about "norwegian krumkake recipe recipes"
ROMMEGROT (NORWEGIAN CREAM PUDDING) – CHEAP RECIPE BLOG
Total Time 1 hours 5 minutes
- Serve warm or chilled, topped with cinnamon, sugar, and melted butter.
NORWEGIAN SWEET SOUP (SOT SUPPE) – CHEAP RECIPE BLOG
Total Time 25 minutes
- Cook over medium-high heat in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan until tapioca is clear and the fruit is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add lemon juice. Allow to cool. Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
NORWEGIAN KRUMKAKE COOKIES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
NORWEGIAN KRUMKAKE RECIPE – NORWEGIAN HERITAGE.INFO
KRUMKAKE RECIPE - TRADITIONAL NORWEGIAN CHRISTMAS COOKIE ...
EASY KRUMKAKE RECIPE (NORWEGIAN CHRISTMAS COOKIES ...
KRUMKAKE NORWEGIAN HOLIDAY COOKIES • UNICORNS IN THE KITCHEN
KRUMKAKE I RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
HOW TO MAKE NORWEGIAN KRUMKAKE COOKIES - THE SPRUCE EATS
NORWEGIAN KRUMKAKE - TRUE NORTH KITCHEN
BEST KRUMKAKE IRON – NORDIC WARE NORWEGIAN KRUMKAKE IRON ...
NORWEGIAN RECIPES IN ENGLISH - NORWAY-HEI.COM
LEFSE, LEFSE GRILL, LEFSE GRIDDLE, NORWEGIAN GIFTS, HOW TO ...
GET IN THE NORDIC HOLIDAY SPIRIT WITH NORWEGIAN KRINGLA ...
AMAZON.COM: CUCINAPRO KRUMKAKE BAKER BY CUCINA PRO - 100% ...
GLUTEN FREE PIZZELLE RECIPE - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES, #1 ...
50 CHRISTMAS COOKIE RECIPES FOR EVERY BAKING SKILL LEVEL ...
20+ EUROPEAN CHRISTMAS COOKIE RECIPES - EATING EUROPEAN