BOURBON PECAN PRALINES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Like authentic pecan pralines found in New Orleans, these treats are sweet, crunchy and rich! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 40 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Yield 1 pound (about 16 pralines)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Grease 2 baking sheets; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in sugars, then the cream; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reads 236° (soft-ball stage), about 20 minutes. , Remove from the heat; stir in the pecan halves, chopped pecans and bourbon. Immediately drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Let stand until pralines are set and no longer glossy. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183 calories, FatContent 14g fat (5g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 20mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 28mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 1g protein.
PRALINE PECAN CAKE RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
Caramelized pecans and homemade brown sugar frosting make this cake over-the-top delicious!
Provided by Madison Mayberry Hofmeyer
Total Time 2 hours 20 minutes
Prep Time 40 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spray 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1/2 cup chopped pecans uncovered on High 1 minute or until mixture is bubbling and hot.
- In another large bowl, beat cake mix, sour cream, vegetable oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, then on medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in pecan mixture. Pour into pan.
- Bake 30 to 36 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 1 hour.
- In 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat 1/2 cup butter, 2 cups brown sugar and the whipping cream to boiling, stirring frequently. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Stir in 2 cups pecans. Cool 10 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until frosting begins to thicken. Spread warm frosting over cake. Cool before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 610 , CarbohydrateContent 69 g, CholesterolContent 85 mg, FatContent 7 , FiberContent 1 g, ProteinContent 4 g, SaturatedFatContent 11 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 280 mg, SugarContent 56 g, TransFatContent 1/2 g
NEW ORLEANS RECIPES | NEWORLEANSRESTAURANTS.COM
KEVIN BELTON'S BIG FLAVORS OF NEW ORLEANS: BELTON, KEVIN ...
MENUS | GUMBO SHOP
40 NEW YEAR'S EVE DESSERTS TO CELEBRATE IN STYLE | TASTE ...
THE FOOD TIMELINE: HISTORY NOTES-CANDY
PECAN SHED OF WICHITA FALLS - RECIPES
THE BEST VALENTINE’S DAY GIFT IS A BOX OF BONBONS - EATER
VALENTINE’S DAY CHOCOLATES: HOW TO ORDER ONLINE - THE ...
NEW ORLEANS PRALINES | SWEET SOUTHERN CONFECTIONS
NEW ORLEANS RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
LAURA'S CANDIES - NEW ORLEANS' OLDEST CANDY STORE
CUISINE OF NEW ORLEANS - WIKIPEDIA
PRALINE PECANS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BREAD PUDDING WITH PRALINE SAUCE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
NEW ORLEANS BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE SWEET NEW ORLEANS-STYLE PRALINES AT HOME
SOUTHERN PECAN PRALINES RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING