CHICKEN CONGEE RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Congee is regarded as the ultimate Chinese comfort food, according to the author Fuchsia Dunlop. This recipe for ji zhou or chicken congee, from her book on Jiangnan regional cuisine, is dead simple and satisfying. Serve it with chicken and soy sauce for a late-night Shanghai-style snack.
Provided by Sara Bonisteel
Total Time 2 hours 15 minutes
Yield 3 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Rinse and drain the rice.
- Put the rice in a pot with the chicken stock and bring to boil. Give the rice a good stir, scraping the bottom of the pan to prevent sticking, then lower the heat and half-cover the pan. Simmer gently for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes, until the grains have burst open and you have a thick congee. Keep an eye on the pot to make sure the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom. Toward the end of cooking, when the stock has become integrated with the rice and is the consistency of oatmeal, season lightly with salt to taste.
- Serve the congee with a sprinkling of soy sauce, spring onion and ginger and a few drops of sesame oil to taste.
Nutrition Facts : @context http//schema.org, Calories 351, UnsaturatedFatContent 5 grams, CarbohydrateContent 51 grams, FatContent 7 grams, ProteinContent 18 grams, SaturatedFatContent 2 grams, SodiumContent 1482 milligrams, SugarContent 9 grams
CHICKEN SOTANGHON RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Use sotanghon (bean thread noodles) or bihon (thin rice noodles) in this Filipino dish. Both are equally delicious.
Provided by lola
Categories Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes Soup Recipes Noodle Soup Recipes
Total Time 1 hours 25 minutes
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Bring 2 cups of water with 1 teaspoon salt to a boil in a pot; cook the chicken in the boiling water until until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 10 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Reserving the liquid, remove the chicken and allow to cool before removing the meat from the bones and shredding with two forks. Discard the skin and bones.
- While the chicken cools place the shiitake mushrooms in a bowl and pour enough warm water over them to cover completely; allow to soak until pliable, about 30 minutes. Remove from the water, slice, and set aside. Place the bean thread noodles in the water and add more warm water if needed to cover; allow to soak until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain. Cut the noodles if desired.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir the onion and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the achiote powder and continue to cook and stir until the mixture is well coated with the red-orange color. Stir the shredded chicken meat, sliced shiitake mushrooms, and fish sauce into the mixture; season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow the mixture to cook about 5 minutes before pouring the reserved liquid from cooking the chicken and the chicken broth into the mixture. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Add the noodles and cook another 5 minutes. Garnish with the green onion to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 210.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 24.2 g, CholesterolContent 29.8 mg, FatContent 8.4 g, FiberContent 0.8 g, ProteinContent 8.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.7 g, SodiumContent 736.8 mg, SugarContent 1.5 g
FOREST MUSHROOMS, INC.
OYSTER MUSHROOMS RECIPES - BBC FOOD
MUSHROOMS: NUTRITIONAL VALUE AND HEALTH BENEFITS
PIGEON BREAST WITH RED WINE GRAVY, ROAST LEEKS AND WILD ...
WHAT ARE PORCINI MUSHROOMS? - THE SPRUCE EATS
9 EDIBLE MUSHROOM VARIETIES - THE SPRUCE EATS
10 BEST KING OYSTER MUSHROOM RECIPES | YUMMLY
DRIED MUSHROOMS | BUY DEHYDRATED MUSHROOMS BULK | SPICE JUNGLE
A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF COMMON WILD MUSHROOMS IN GEORGIA
CLASSIC, EASY STUFFED MUSHROOMS - THE WOKS OF LIFE
MUSHROOM - WIKIPEDIA
LA TIMES COOKING - RECIPES FROM THE LOS ANGELES TIMES
18 TYPES OF MUSHROOMS TO KNOW — PUREWOW
HOW TO PREPARE DRIED MUSHROOMS FOR COOKING | KITCHN
39 DIFFERENT TYPES OF EDIBLE MUSHROOMS (WITH PICTURES ...
CHAGA MUSHROOM BENEFITS: A SCIENCE, HEALTH, & SUPPLEMENT ...
MEDICINAL MUSHROOMS FOR CANCER IN DOGS
ALL THE TYPES OF EDIBLE MUSHROOMS EXPLAINED WITH PICTURES ...