MOROCCAN M'HANNCHA VEGAN PIE RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
I love the Moroccan m’hanncha (snake). It’s a wonderful way to wrap up gorgeous smashed veg and grains to make a beautiful-looking dinner, while also adding amazing texture – crunchy on the outside, soft in the middle. Yum.
Total Time 2 hours
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Cook the pearl barley according to the packet instructions, then drain.
- Wash the squash, then carefully cut it in half lengthways and remove the seeds. Peel the onions and garlic, and deseed the peppers. Chop the squash, onions and peppers into 1cm dice. Finely chop the garlic with the coriander stalks (reserving the leaves).
- Place it all in a pan on a medium-low heat with 2 tablespoons of oil, the chilli flakes, fennel and cumin seeds, and the ground coriander. Sweat with a lid on for 25 to 30 minutes, or until soft but not coloured, stirring occasionally.
- Destone the dates and finely chop the flesh with the apricots and coriander leaves. Fold into the veg pan with the drained pearl barley, squeeze in the lemon juice, season to perfection, then leave to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- Lay out two clean damp tea towels on a large work surface, side-by-side, with the longest edges facing you. Working quickly but taking care, lay out 3 sheets of filo side-by-side with the short edges towards you, overlapping each one by 2.5cm and brushing between the overlaps with water.
- Lightly brush the sheets with oil, place 3 filo sheets directly on top, then repeat with another 3 sheets. Save the remaining sheet for patching up.
- As evenly as possible, spoon your filling in a line along the long edge closest to you. Brush the opposite long edge with a little oil.
- Now, I’d recommend finding a friend to help you roll it up. Working slowly and carefully, use the tea towels to help you roll it up and away from you into a giant cigar, keeping it on the damp tea towel at all times. Roll it into a large pinwheel, working quickly but handling it gently to avoid too many cracks.
- Gently slide it onto a large greased baking tray, and patch up any gaps, if needed. Brush all over with more oil and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until gorgeous, crisp and golden.
- Ten minutes before the end, smash and sprinkle over the pistachios and an extra pinch of each of the spices, if you like.
- Serve with a super-light dusting of icing sugar. Delicious with all the usual trimmings, or served with a spiced tomato sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 363 calories, FatContent 8.7 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 1.1 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 8.6 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 67.2 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 19.7 g sugar, SodiumContent 0.5 g salt, FiberContent 6.9 g fibre
MOROCCAN RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
Exotic North African dishes that are big on flavour, aroma and spice. Try an easy chicken tagine, or roll up some Speedy Moroccan meatballs.
Provided by Good Food team
Number Of Ingredients 1
More about "moroccan sauce recipes"
MOROCCAN SPICED PIE RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Total Time 2 hours
Category Dinner, Main course
Calories 987 calories per serving
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until crisp and golden. Just before the pie is ready, reheat any remaining butter in the pan, tip in the rest of the nuts and fry until golden. Spoon in the 4 remaining tbsps of honey and, when it melts, take off the heat and pour over the pie. Serve with Harissa yogurt sauce (mix the yogurt and milk together to make a thin sauce, stir in the herbs and season. Swirl in harissa to taste) and lemon wedges.
MOROCCAN LAMB TAGINE RECIPE | INA GARTEN | FOOD NETWORK
Total Time 3 hours 45 minutes
- Add the onions and cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, adding more oil, if necessary. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for just 30 seconds. Add the chili powder, turmeric, cumin, cardamom and cinnamon and cook for one minute. Stir in the tomatoes and their liquid, the chicken stock, brown sugar, lime, 1 tablespoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Add the potatoes, butternut squash and sweet potatoes and bring to a boil. Place the lamb shanks in the pot, spooning some of the sauce and vegetables over the shanks. (They will not be completely submerged.) Cover the pot and bake for 3 hours, until the lamb shanks are very tender. Serve hot with couscous.
BBQ RIBS – INSTANT POT RECIPES
- Using tongs, carefully remove ribs from Instant Pot and lay them flat on a large baking sheet. Brush both sides all over with barbecue sauce before serving.
BOLOGNESE SAUCE – INSTANT POT RECIPES
- When the cooking time is up, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure. Discard the cheese rind and bay leaf. Add the cream (if using), and stir to combine. Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
MOROCCAN CHICKEN ONE-POT RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD
Total Time 1 hours 10 minutes
Category Dinner, Main course
Calories 324 calories per serving
- Mix 1 finely chopped small red onion, the zest of 1 lemon, a handful of mint leaves and 100g crumbled feta cheese. Scatter over the dish, then serve with couscous and natural yogurt.
TOMATO & BASIL SAUCE RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD
Total Time 15 minutes
Category Lunch, Main course, Pasta
Calories 52 calories per serving
- To finish, tear a few basil leaves, then stir into the sauce.
RECIPES AND FAVORITE FOODS FROM TABASCO® BRAND PEPPER SAUCE
18 MOROCCAN RECIPES USING PRESERVED LEMONS
10 MOROCCAN TAGINE RECIPES THAT YOU HAVE TO TRY
13 BEST SAUCE RECIPES | 13 TOP SAUCE RECIPES - NDTV FOOD
RECIPES - TASTEFULLY SIMPLE RECIPES - MEAL IDEAS ...
MOROCCAN RECIPES - TASTE OF MAROC
MOROCCAN KEFTA TAGINE WITH TOMATO SAUCE - TASTE OF MAROC
*ALL RECIPES* — MY MOROCCAN FOOD
USE RAS EL HANOUT IN THESE MOROCCAN RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
THE BEST RECIPES WITH SPICY HARISSA SAUCE | ALLRECIPES
MOROCCAN CHICKEN TAGINE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
MOROCCAN EGGPLANT AND TOMATO STEW | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
MOROCCAN MEATBALLS | DINNER RECIPES | TESCO REAL FOOD
SHAKSHUKA - ONCE UPON A CHEF