FRIED MOREL MUSHROOMS - RECIPES - FAXO
It's morel mushroom hunting season! The best way to prepare morels after cleaning them is coating the mushrooms in flour and then frying them in vegetable shortening. That's it! Yum!
Provided by Faxo
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Gently brush off any dirt from mushrooms; cut off ends; cut mushrooms in halves lengthwise. Place mushrooms in a large bowl; cover with cold, lightly salted water; refrigerate mushrooms for about 5 minutes to loosen any dirt; pour off salted water; rinse; repeat two more times. The crevices of the mushrooms may hold tiny stones, dirt or insects, so thoroughly rinse mushrooms a final time; allow to drain on paper towels. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Heat vegetable shortening in a large skillet until very hot. Roll mushrooms in flour; tap off excess; gently lay mushrooms in the hot shortening. Fry until golden brown and flour coating is crisp, 5 - 8 minutes, turning often. Drain morels on paper towels. Salt to taste. Serve hot. 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 bowl, Calories 295 cal
MOREL MUSHROOM CARBONARA | THE STARVING CHEF
Dress up classic carbonara with wild morels, fresh spinach and a dash of red pepper flakes for an amazing weeknight meal.
Provided by THESTARVINGCHEFBLOG.COM
Total Time 45 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Fill the Dutch oven with water and bring to a boil. Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the box. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water and drain the rest. Set cooked noodles aside.
- Dry the Dutch oven completely over high heat then add the chopped bacon. Cook until just starting to crisp, about 5-8 minutes. Remove the bacon from the pot but leave the grease.
- Fry the morels and chopped garlic in the bacon grease until the garlic is beginning to brown and the morels have shrunk in size, about 3-4 minutes.
- Deglaze the pot with the white wine then add the noodles and stir until the bacon and morels are evenly distributed throughout the noodles. Reduce the temperature to medium.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, yolks, Parmesan and pepper. Slowly stir in the warm reserved water. Slowly pour the egg mixture over the noodles, stirring the entire time. You don't want to scramble the eggs so the slower you pour, the better.
- Stir in the spinach and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes, until the spinach is wilted and a thick, creamy sauce has formed.
- Return the bacon to the pot and remove from heat. Serve with a pinch of red pepper flakes and green onions on top. Enjoy!
- To reheat, add two tablespoons of water priror to microwaving for 90 seconds. Leftovers keep for up to one week in the fridge.
More about "morel mushroom cost recipes"
DRIED MOREL MUSHROOM BISQUE - FORAGER CHEF
Category Appetizer, Soup
- To serve, heat the reserved pretty morels in the remaining butter until just caramelized and lightly browned and spoon them onto the hot soup, garnishing with chives or wild onion tops if using.
OUR 10 BEST MOREL MUSHROOM RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
MOREL MUSHROOM RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
MOREL MUSHROOM RECIPES, PRICES & TIPS | D'ARTAGNAN
10 BEST DRIED MOREL MUSHROOMS RECIPES | YUMMLY
COST OF FRESH MOREL MUSHROOMS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
8 MOREL MUSHROOM RECIPES - FROM MICHIGAN TO THE TABLE
FRYING MOREL MUSHROOMS FOR BEGINNERS - ALL INFORMATION ...
HOW MUCH ARE MOREL MUSHROOMS? – TOTAL GARDENER
WHY ARE MOREL MUSHROOMS SO EXPENSIVE? | KITCHN
19 MOREL MUSHROOM RECIPES | MIDWEST LIVING
CLASSIC MOREL RECIPES - THE GREAT MOREL
MOREL MUSHROOM RECIPES FOR LIMITED-EDITION SPRINGTIME MEALS
HOW MUCH ARE MOREL MUSHROOMS A POUND – THE BLUE MONKEY ...
DOWNLOAD MOREL MUSHROOMS RECIPES POWERPOINT TEMPLATE
HOW TO MAKE MOREL MUSHROOM TOASTS WITH PARSLEY SALAD RECIPE
IN SEASON: MOREL MUSHROOMS | FOOD NETWORK HEALTHY EATS ...
THE REAL REASON MOREL MUSHROOMS ARE SO EXPENSIVE
HEAVENLY MOREL TARTS | MIDWEST LIVING
WHAT ARE MOREL MUSHROOMS? | EATINGWELL
MOREL MUSHROOM CREAM SAUCE RECIPE - WEST COAST WILD FOODS