MINCED BEEF PIE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
This tasty and easy beef pie recipe will quickly become a family favourite. Serve with mounds of mash.
Provided by BBC Food
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 1 hours
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and fry the beef mince for 4-5 minutes, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it browns.
- Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, then stir in the tomato purée and cook for 2-3 more minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for a further minute, then add the chopped mushrooms, the stout or beef stock and a couple of dashes of Worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover the pan with a lid and leave to simmer for 20 minutes. Set aside and leave to cool, then turn the meat mixture into a one litre pie dish.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured work surface until it is slightly larger than the pie dish. Gently drape the pastry over the dish, pressing firmly onto the edges. Trim, then shape the edges into a fluted shape.
- Cut some leaf shapes out of the pastry trimmings and decorate the top of the pie, sticking them to the pastry with the beaten egg yolk.
- Make three or four slits in the pastry to allow the steam to escape, then brush the pie with the rest of the beaten egg yolk and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden-brown.
- To serve, slice into wedges.
NEXT LEVEL MINCED BEEF TACOS RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD
Elevate a pack of beef mince into vibrant tacos. Go to the extra effort of making your own spice mix for even more flavour, and use soft tortillas
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Total Time 40 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 19
- First, make the spice mix. Toast the cumin seeds, coriander seeds and peppercorns in a small, dry frying pan, then tip into a spice grinder or use a pestle and mortar to crush to a rough powder. Add the remaining spice mix ingredients, except the cornflour, then grind again. Stir through the cornflour and a pinch of salt. The spice mix will keep in an airtight jar for up to one month.
- For the pickled onions, toss the onions with the lime juice and a pinch of salt in a medium glass bowl, then set aside to soften.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium-low heat, and crumble in the mince. Cook for 15-20 mins. At first, it will release some liquid, but once that has bubbled away, the mince will sizzle in its own fat and start to brown and crisp. At this point, stir or toss the mince with a wooden spoon so it browns and caramelises all over. When the mince is well toasted, sprinkle over half the spice mix and continue to cook for 2 mins. Pour over the beef stock and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook gently for 10 mins until the beef has absorbed most of the stock, and is in a rich, thick gravy. Taste for seasoning.
- To assemble the tacos, toast the tortillas in a hot, dry frying pan, or over a flame until lightly blistered. Transfer to a serving plate and spoon the mince into a bowl, then serve the other ingredients in separate bowls, so everyone can assemble their own. Alternatively, spoon the mince into the tortillas, then top with the avocado, tomato, cheese (if using), pickled onions and crushed tortilla chips, if using. Serve the lime wedges on the side for squeezing over.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 792 calories, FatContent 44 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 16 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 51 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 8 grams sugar, FiberContent 9 grams fiber, ProteinContent 44 grams protein, SodiumContent 1.7 milligram of sodium
MINCED BEEF RECIPES - JAMIE OLIVER
10 BEST PASTA BAKE WITH MINCED BEEF RECIPES - YUMMLY
U.S. NAVY MINCED BEEF ON TOAST RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
37+ BEST HEALTHY GROUND BEEF RECIPES FOR WEIGHT LOSS - EAT T…