MEXICAN CHICKEN STEW RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Bring a touch of Mexican flavour to your midweek meal with this low-fat, one-pan supper
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course
Total Time 45 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Add the onion and cook for 5 mins or until softened and starting to turn golden, adding the garlic for the final min. Stir in the sugar, chipotle paste and tomatoes. Put the chicken into the pan, spoon over the sauce, and simmer gently for 20 mins until the chicken has cooked (add a splash of water if the sauce gets too dry).
- Remove the chicken from the pan and shred with 2 forks, then stir back into the sauce. Scatter with a little red onion, the coriander, and serve with remaining red onion, tortillas or rice.
- If you want to use a slow cooker, cook the onion and garlic as above, then put into your slow cooker with the sugar, chipotle, tomatoes and chicken. Cover and cook on High for 2 hours. Remove the chicken and shred then serve as above.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203 calories, FatContent 5 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 1 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 6 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 4 grams sugar, FiberContent 2 grams fiber, ProteinContent 35 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.37 milligram of sodium
MEXICAN CHICKEN STEW RECIPE | DAVE LIEBERMAN | FOOD NETWORK
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeno and sweat until soft and translucent. Add spices and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant and aromatic. Add tomatoes, chicken, Worcestershire, and stock.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 20 minutes.
- Cut the lime in half, squeeze juice into the pot, and then add the juiced halves as well.
- Add white rice and cook 5 minutes longer to warm rice through. Season, to taste, with salt.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with sour cream and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 276, FatContent 12 grams, SaturatedFatContent 2 grams, CholesterolContent 60 milligrams, SodiumContent 543 milligrams, CarbohydrateContent 17 grams, FiberContent 3 grams, ProteinContent 25 grams, SugarContent 5 grams
More about "mexican stew recipes"
MEXICAN CHICKEN RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
MEXICAN PORK STEW - JO COOKS
100+ MEXICAN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SLOW COOKER MEXICAN BEEF STEW | ALLRECIPES
MEXICAN STEW: BIRRIA RECIPE | AARÓN SÁNCHEZ | FOOD NETWORK
MEXICAN BEAN STEW RECIPE - BBC FOOD
OUR BEST AUTHENTIC MEXICAN AND MEXICAN-INSPIRED RECIPES
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN RECIPES AND DISHES | MÉXICO IN MY KITCHEN
NEW MEXICAN RECIPES | GREEN CHILE STEW | NEW MEXICO TRUE
DELICIOUS MEXICAN FOOD RECIPES. HEALTHY AND EASY TO MAKE ...
CLASSIC MEXICAN RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
25 EASY MEXICAN CROCKPOT RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
SOUP AND STEW RECIPES | MYRECIPES
BEST BEEF STEW RECIPES | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
10 MUST-MAKE MEXICAN SOUP RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART