MEXICAN EGGPLANT RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
I don't cook a lot of eggplant, but I use this recipe when I want something different to vary my diet. It's quick, easy, and good!
Provided by nomnom
Categories World Cuisine Latin American Mexican
Total Time 25 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef and onion in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Sprinkle flour over the beef mixture and toss to coat. Stir tomato sauce, green bell pepper, oregano, and chili powder through the beef mixture.
- Season eggplant slices with salt and pepper; arrange over the beef mixture. Place a cover on the skillet and continue to simmer until the eggplant is tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Top with Cheddar cheese to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 348.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 6.8 g, CholesterolContent 100.6 mg, FatContent 23.3 g, FiberContent 1.6 g, ProteinContent 27.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 11.4 g, SodiumContent 541.7 mg, SugarContent 3.1 g
MEXICAN EGGPLANT PARMESAN RECIPE | SIDECHEF
This healthy version of eggplant parmesan is made using Mexican flavors and a gluten-free tortilla chip crust. It's a great use for the dregs of your chip bag! The tomato sauce is basically a warm salsa. If tomatoes aren't in season, you can definitely substitute.
Provided by Feed Me Phoebe
Categories Date Night Weeknight Dinners Pescatarian Low-Carb Vegetarian Baking Healthy Nut-Free Shellfish-Free Beginner Soy-Free Entertaining Oven Fish-Free Stove Peanut-Free Tree Nut-Free Sugar-Free Special Diets
Total Time 4200S
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Thinly slice the Eggplant (2) width-wise into rounds. Arrange on a baking sheet and season both sides lightly with Sea Salt (1 tablespoon). Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep the Tortilla Chips (2 cup). Arrange the crumbs in a shallow bowl. In a second shallow bowl, beat the Large Egg (2) with Water (1/4 cup).
- Pat the eggplant dry with a dish towel and transfer to a plate or clean work surface.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and brush with Olive Oil (1 tablespoon). One at a time, dip each eggplant round into the egg wash, followed by the tortilla chip crumbs. Pat each side down gently so the crumbs adhere, and shake off the excess.
- Arranged the breaded eggplant in an even layer on both baking sheets. Roast in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, swapping the pans from top to bottom rack halfway through, until the coating is crispy and the eggplant is fork tender.
- While the eggplant bakes, make the sauce. In a medium saucepan, combine theTomato (2 pound), Jalapeño Pepper (2), Onion (1), Garlic (2 clove), Sea Salt (1 tablespoon), and Olive Oil (1 tablespoon).
- Bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes have released their juices and the sauce has thickened, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- When the eggplant is done roasting, assemble the parm stacks: roughly survey the scene and scope out pairs of eggplant rounds that are roughly the same size. Beginning with the slightly larger of the two, add a spoonful of sauce, followed by a modest sprinkle of Shredded Cheddar Cheese (1 cup).
- Top with the second round and repeat with the sauce and cheese. You should have about 14 stacks total. Return to the oven for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
- Garnish with Fresh Cilantro (1/4 cup) if using. Serve hot and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 89 calories, ProteinContent 3.7 g, FatContent 5.5 g, CarbohydrateContent 7.1 g, FiberContent 1.4 g, SugarContent 2.6 g, SodiumContent 659.3 mg, SaturatedFatContent 2.1 g, TransFatContent 0.0 g, CholesterolContent 33.9 mg, UnsaturatedFatContent 2.6 g
More about "mexican eggplant recipe recipes"
CHEESY MEXICAN EGGPLANT - WOMAN'S DAY
Total Time 1 hours 20 minutes
Category vegetarian, dinner, main dish
Calories 422 calories per serving
- You'll need a broiler pan with rack and a shallow 3-qt baking dish. Heat broiler. Place half the eggplant on broiler rack, evenly coat with nonstick spray, then sprinkle with half the pepper. Broil 4 in. from heat 4 to 8 minutes per side until lightly browned and tender. Repeat with remaining eggplant and pepper. Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, stir marinara and taco sauce with cumin. Spread 1/2 cup sauce in baking dish. Line with half the eggplant. Spoon on 1 1/4 cups sauce; top with 1 cup cheese and 1/4 cup cilantro. Repeat layering with remaining eggplant, sauce and cheese; cover with foil. Bake 40 minutes or until bubbly. Meanwhile, make rice as package directs. Let eggplant rest 10 minutes. Sprinkle top with remaining cilantro. Serve with rice.
EGGPLANT TACOS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 35 minutes
Category World Cuisine, Latin American, Mexican
Cuisine Latin American, Mexican
Calories 254.9 calories per serving
- Stir eggplant, cumin, paprika, chili powder, black pepper, and seasoned salt into onion mixture; drizzle remaining olive oil over the top. Cook, stirring occasionally, until eggplant reduces in size and softens, about 15 minutes. Spoon eggplant mixture into tortilla shells.
MEXICAN EGGPLANT RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
Calories 414 per serving
- Peel and slice eggplant. Brush both sides of each slice with oil. Place in a single layer on a greased baking sheet and bake at 450 D. for 20 min. Combine tomato sauce, chiles, green onion, cumin and garlic salt in a sauce pan. Simmer uncovered for 10 min. In a greased 9 x 13 casserole, layer eggplant, sauce and cheese. Top with lowfat sour cream and olives. Bake at 350 D. for an additional20 min.
MEXICAN EGGPLANT - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
MEXICAN EGGPLANT RECIPE - A FRESH LEGACY
MEXICAN EGGPLANT RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
MEXICAN EGGPLANT "PARMESAN" - NIELSEN-MASSEY VANILLAS
EASY MEXICAN EGGPLANT CASSEROLE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM
EASY MEXICAN EGGPLANT CASSEROLE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM
EGGPLANT MEXICANA - TOTAL WELLBEING DIET
MEXICAN EGGPLANT RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
MEXICAN EGGPLANT CASSEROLE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
MEXICAN EGGPLANT RECIPES - EASY SIMPLE RECIPES
MEXICAN EGGPLANT | VAHREHVAH ARTICLE
MEXICAN EGGPLANT RECIPE - ALL THE BEST RECIPES AT CRECIPE.COM
MEXICAN EGGPLANT TORTA RECIPE - HOME CHEF
MEXICAN EGGPLANT CASSEROLE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
SPANISH STUFFED EGGPLANT RECIPE (BERENJENAS RELLENAS ...
EGGPLANT-RELLENOS RECIPE FROM FATFREE