MERINGUE NESTS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
These crunch meringue shells will have guests "oohing" and "aahing." Topped with your favorite fresh fruit, they're pretty served with a spring meal.—Taste of Home Cooking School, Greendale, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 01 hours 10 minutes
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Beat the egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. , Drop meringue into 8 mounds on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Shape into 3-in. cups with the back of a spoon. Or place meringue mixture in pastry bag fitted with star tip. Pipe meringue onto parchment to form eight 3-in. cups., Bake at 275° for 45-50 minutes or until set and dry. Turn off oven and do not open door; leave meringues in oven for 1 hour. Fill with fruit. If desired, top with whipped cream and mint.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 81 calories, FatContent 0 fat (0 saturated fat), CholesterolContent 0 cholesterol, SodiumContent 21mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 19g carbohydrate (19g sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 1g protein.
ULTIMATE LEMON MERINGUE PIE RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD
You can't go wrong with a classic lemon meringue pie, and this easy recipe is particularly good
Provided by Angela Nilsen
Categories Buffet, Dessert, Dinner, Treat
Total Time 3 hours 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hours 45 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 14
- For the pastry, put the plain flour, butter, icing sugar, egg yolk (save the white for the meringue) and 1 tbsp cold water into a food processor. Pulse until the mix starts to bind – make sure the mix is not overworked.
- Tip the pastry onto a lightly floured surface, gather together until smooth, then roll out and line a 23 x 2.5cm loose-bottom fluted flan tin. Trim and neaten the edges. Press pastry into the flutes. The pastry is quite rich, so don’t worry if it cracks, just press it back together. Prick the base with a fork, line with foil, shiny side down, and chill for 30 mins-1 hr (or overnight).
- Put a baking sheet in the oven and heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Bake the pastry case ‘blind’ (filled with dry beans) for 15 mins, then remove the foil and bake a further 5-8 mins until the pastry is pale golden and cooked. Set aside. Can be done a day ahead. Lower the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- While the pastry bakes, prepare the filling. Mix the cornflour, golden caster sugar and lemon zest in a medium saucepan. Strain and stir in the lemon juice gradually. Make the orange juice up to 200ml with water and strain into the pan. Cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth.
- Once the mixture bubbles, remove from the heat and beat in the butter until melted. Beat the egg yolks (save white for meringue) and the whole egg together, stir into the pan and return to a medium heat. Keep stirring vigorously for a few minutes, until the mixture thickens and plops from the spoon. (It will bubble, but doesn’t curdle.) Take off the heat and set aside while you make the meringue.
- Put the egg whites in a large bowl. Whisk to soft peaks, then add 100g of the golden caster sugar a spoonful at a time, whisking between each addition without overbeating. Whisk in the cornflour, then add the remaining 100g of sugar as before until smooth and thick.
- Quickly reheat the filling and pour it into the pastry case. Immediately put spoonfuls of meringue around the edge of the filling (if you start in the middle, the meringue may sink), then spread so it just touches the pastry (this will anchor it and help stop it sliding). Pile the rest into the centre, spreading so it touches the surface of the hot filling (and starts to cook), then give it all a swirl.
- Return to the oven for 18-20 mins until the meringue is crisp and slightly coloured. Let the pie sit in the tin for 30 mins, then remove and leave for at least another 30 mins-1 hr before slicing. Eat the same day.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480 calories, FatContent 24 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 13 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 64 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 41 grams sugar, FiberContent 1 grams fiber, ProteinContent 7 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.5 milligram of sodium
More about "meringue ingredients recipes"
LEMON MERINGUE PIE RECIPE - AUSTRALIAN WOMEN'S WEEKLY FOOD
Total Time 1 hours 5 minutes
Category Morning tea, Afternoon tea, Dessert
Cuisine Modern Australian
- Spread meringue mixture onto roughened surface of filling. Bake about 2 minutes or until meringue is browned lightly.
ULTIMATE MERINGUE RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD
Total Time 2 hours 15 minutes
Category Afternoon tea, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Treat
Calories 210 calories per serving
- Leave to cool on the trays or a cooling rack. (The meringues will now keep in an airtight tin for up to 2 weeks, or frozen for a month.) Serve two meringues sandwiched together with a generous dollop of softly whipped double cream.
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES | DESSERT | THE BEST BLOG RECIPES
KETO LEMON MERINGUE PIE- JUST 4 INGREDIENTS! - THE BIG MAN ...
RECIPES - DELIA ONLINE
MERINGUE GELATO CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE SAUCE | NIGELLA'S ...
BASIC ITALIAN MERINGUE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
RECIPES - HOMEMADE RECIPES | WILTON
ROYAL ICING WITH MERINGUE POWDER - WILTON
BEST LEMON MERINGUE PIE RECIPE - WOOLWORTHS
LEMON MERINGUE CAKE | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
MERINGUE COOKIES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
LEMON MERINGUE PIE - EAGLE BRAND