PARTY APPETIZER MEATBALLS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
These are a favorite at parties and gatherings. The recipe is easy, and the meatballs can be made well ahead of time and frozen until needed. I think what makes them taste so good is the sauce. —Nathalie Guest, Caledon, Ontario
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 60 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Yield 8 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. , Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes; drain. Combine ketchup and cornstarch in roasting pan. Stir in jellies; add the meatballs. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 50 calories, FatContent 1g fat (1g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 13mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 94mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 3g protein.
SWEDISH MEATBALL SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
This quick and easy savory sauce turns heat-and-eat meatballs into tonight's main attraction. Serve on a bed of pasta or rice and a side salad, and dinner is ready in no time.
Total Time 20 minutes
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 21
- 1. Whisk together the beef stock, heavy cream, flour, soy sauce, black pepper, and rosemary in a large saucepan until smooth. Cook and stir over low heat until thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the meatballs, and continue cooking until meatballs are heated through, about 5 more minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Drain; toss with butter. Serve with meatball mixture; sprinkle with parsley.
- *My Meatballs: 1. Combine beef, veal, and pork in a large bowl. Add garlic, eggs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 2. Blend bread crumbs into meat mixture. Slowly add the water 1/2 cup at a time. The mixture should be very moist but still hold its shape if rolled into meatballs. (I usually use about 1 1/4 cups of water). Shape into meatballs.
- 3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Fry meatballs in batches. When the meatball is very brown and slightly crisp remove from the heat and drain on a paper towel. (If your mixture is too wet, cover the meatballs while they are cooking so that they hold their shape better.).
- My Note: I used 1/2 skim milk and 1/2 cream so it wasn't so heavy and it turned out great! BUT IF LIKE TO HAVE A GRAVY: see be low.
- For a Gravy Ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter.
- 4 tablespoons flour.
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth.
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire.
- 1/2 cup sour cream.
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice.
- salt/cracked black pepper, to taste.
- Gravy Directions:.
- 1). In a large skillet, melt butter on medium heat.
- 2). Whisk in the flour slowly and cook until smooth and slightly darkened.
- 3). Add the beef broth, allspice, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a simmer.
- 4). Reduce the heat to medium low and stir until gravy thickens.
- 5). Stir in sour cream, mix well, and serve warm on top of meatballs.
- UPDATE: I used lean beef so had to melt butter in the pan to make the gravy. The flavor was wonderful. I skipped the noodles and used them as a hors d'oeuvre. I made the meatballs ahead of time and froze them so I had them ready to go when I made the recipe the following week. Used ground sirloin to cut down on fat. Next time I will need to add melted butter with flour to make the roux because it lumped up and I had to use my emulsifier to get the lumps out. Didn't have fat from the meat (can't add cold liquid to flour).
- Sometime I used at meatloaf mix (beef/pork/veal), and added 2 TBSP of parmesan cheese and 2 tsp crushed garlic for extra flavor. Baked them according to the recipe then put them in a pot of sauce to simmer for a couple hours. That me!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1604.3, FatContent 116.9, SaturatedFatContent 40.4, CholesterolContent 410.4, SodiumContent 833.4, CarbohydrateContent 89.8, FiberContent 4.5, SugarContent 2.6, ProteinContent 49.8
More about "meatball recipe appetizer recipes"
MINI MEATBALL HEROES RECIPE | GIADA DE LAURENTIIS | FOOD ...
Total Time 55 minutes
- In a large casserole pot, heat the oil over a medium-high flame. Add the onions and garlic and saute until the onions are translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the celery, carrots, and 1/2 teaspoon of each salt and pepper. Saute until all the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes and bay leaves, and simmer uncovered over low heat until the sauce thickens, about 1 hour. Remove and discard the bay leaves. Season the sauce with more salt and pepper, to taste. (The sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Cool, then cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over medium heat before using.)
ITALIAN MEATBALL SUBS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 04 hours 25 minutes
Cuisine Europe, Italian
Calories 501 calories per serving
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and milk; add the bread crumbs, cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add beef and sausage; mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Preheat broiler. Place meatballs in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4 minutes; turn and broil 3 minutes longer. , Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the tomato sauce and paste, onion, green pepper, wine, water and seasonings; pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Serve on rolls. Sprinkle with shredded cheese if desired.
56 MEATBALL RECIPES THAT GO BEYOND BASIC SPAGHETTI
EASY, CHEESY MEATBALL BOMBS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
MAMA'S OLD-FASHIONED ALBONDIGAS (MEATBALL SOUP) R…
30 MOUTH-WATERING SLOW COOKER MEATBALL RECIPES | TASTE OF HO…
46 BEST MEATBALL RECIPES | EASY MEATBALL RECIPE IDEAS ...
THE AMAZING SWEDISH MEATBALL RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
LOW CARB MEATBALL CASSEROLE RECIPE - ISAVEA2Z.COM
HEARTY MEATBALL SANDWICH RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
THE 20 BEST FROZEN MEATBALL RECIPES