HOMEMADE MARSHMALLOWS RECIPE | ALTON BROWN | FOOD NETWORK
Skip the store and make sweet treats at home with Alton Brown's Homemade Marshmallows recipe from Good Eats on Food Network.
Provided by Alton Brown
Total Time 4 hours 45 minutes
Prep Time 35 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Yield approximately 9 dozen marshmallows or 1 1/2 pounds miniature
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place the gelatin into the bowl of a stand mixer along with 1/2 cup of the water. Have the whisk attachment standing by.
- In a small saucepan combine the remaining 1/2 cup water, granulated sugar, corn syrup and salt. Place over medium high heat, cover and allow to cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Uncover, clip a candy thermometer onto the side of the pan and continue to cook until the mixture reaches 240 degrees F, approximately 7 to 8 minutes. Once the mixture reaches this temperature, immediately remove from the heat.
- Turn the mixer on low speed and, while running, slowly pour the sugar syrup down the side of the bowl into the gelatin mixture. Once you have added all of the syrup, increase the speed to high. Continue to whip until the mixture becomes very thick and is lukewarm, approximately 12 to 15 minutes. Add the vanilla during the last minute of whipping. While the mixture is whipping prepare the pans as follows.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl. Lightly spray a 13 by 9-inch metal baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add the sugar and cornstarch mixture and move around to completely coat the bottom and sides of the pan. Return the remaining mixture to the bowl for later use.
- When ready, pour the mixture into the prepared pan, using a lightly oiled spatula for spreading evenly into the pan. Dust the top with enough of the remaining sugar and cornstarch mixture to lightly cover. Reserve the rest for later. Allow the marshmallows to sit uncovered for at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- Turn the marshmallows out onto a cutting board and cut into 1-inch squares using a pizza wheel dusted with the confectioners' sugar mixture. Once cut, lightly dust all sides of each marshmallow with the remaining mixture, using additional if necessary. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl. Line 4 half sheet pans with parchment paper, spray the paper with nonstick cooking spray and dust with the confectioners' sugar mixture.
- Scoop the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a 1/2-inch round piping tip. Pipe the mixture onto the prepared sheet pans lengthwise, leaving about 1-inch between each strip. Sprinkle the tops with enough of the remaining cornstarch and sugar mixture to lightly cover. Let the strips set for 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Cut into 1/2 inch pieces using a pizza wheel or scissors dusted with the confectioners' sugar mixture. Once cut, lightly dust all sides of each marshmallow with the remaining sugar mixture and store in an airtight container for up to a week.
MARSHMALLOW TREATS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
- Melt butter in large sauce pan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted and well-blended. Cook 2 minutes longer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Add cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly and firmly in buttered 13 x 9 inch pan. Cut into 2 x 2 inch squares when cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 64.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 11.8 g, CholesterolContent 5.1 mg, FatContent 2 g, ProteinContent 0.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.2 g, SodiumContent 64.8 mg, SugarContent 5.2 g
More about "marshmallow pictures recipes"
HOMEMADE MARSHMALLOW CREME RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 10 minutes
Category Desserts, Specialty Dessert Recipes, Homemade Marshmallow Recipes
Calories 138.3 calories per serving
- Beat egg white, corn syrup, and salt in a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until mixture is thick and doubled in volume, about 5 minutes. Reduce mixer speed to low and beat in confectioners' sugar until thoroughly combined. Beat vanilla extract into marshmallow creme just until incorporated. Can be refrigerated in a covered container up to 2 weeks or frozen for 1 month.
MELTED SNOWMAN SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
Total Time 1 hours 45 minutes
Calories 260 per serving
- Allow cookies to set for at least one hour before serving.
RECIPES WITH MARSHMALLOWS | TASTE OF HOME
9 CREATIVE MARSHMALLOW RECIPES | REAL SIMPLE
HOMEMADE MARSHMALLOW RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
220 MARSHMALLOW RECIPES IDEAS | DESSERTS, SWEET TREATS ...
HOW TO MAKE MARSHMALLOWS | HOLIDAY BAKING CHAMPIONSHIP ...
9 CREATIVE MARSHMALLOW RECIPES | REAL SIMPLE
17 MARSHMALLOW RECIPES - WAYS TO EAT MARSHMALLOWS
HOMEMADE MARSHMALLOWS RECIPE WITH STEP-BY-STEP PHOTOS
MARSHMALLOW FLUFF RECIPES (PHOTOS) | HUFFPOST LIFE
10 BEST MARSHMALLOW VODKA RECIPES | YUMMLY
138,232 MARSHMALLOW STOCK PHOTOS, MARSHMALLOW IMAGES ...
HOMEMADE MARSHMALLOWS - FOODIE WITH FAMILY
MARSHMALLOW HEAVEN: DELICIOUS, UNIQUE, AND FUN RECIPES FOR ...
HOW TO ROAST MARSHMALLOWS: 13 STEPS (WITH PICTURES) - WIKIHOW
VEGAN MARSHMALLOWS: VEGAN MARSHMALLOWS PICTURES