SPICED YOGURT-MARINATED CORNISH HENS WITH SWEET ONIO…
A savory alternative-yogurt marinade spiced with black pepper, ginger, and turmeric simultaneously seasons and tenderizes these pint-size birds.
Provided by Gregory Gourdet
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine the yogurt, coconut aminos, garlic, salt, peppercorns, turmeric, and ginger in a blender. Use a Microplane to grate in the zest of both lemons, then halve one and squeeze in the juice. Reserve the re-maining lemon for another purpose. Blend on high speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Rinse the hens under cool water, inside and out, and pat dry very well. Put them in a large bowl or pan and spoon about one third of the yogurt marinade into the cavities of the birds, spreading it around as best you can. Pour the rest of the marinade over the hens, using the spoon to make sure they’re completely coated, tops and bottoms, including the wings and crevices between the legs and breasts.
- Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 16 hours or up to 2 days.
- About half an hour before you’re ready to cook the hens, remove them from the fridge to take the chill off. Heat the oil in a wide, heavy skillet over medium heat until shimmery. Add the onions and 1½ teaspoons of the salt. Stir well, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions start to soften and release liquid, about 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally, until all the liquid has evaporated and the onions have a creamy texture, turn a deep golden color, and taste very sweet, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Spread the potatoes on a large sheet pan, sprinkle with the remaining 1½ teaspoons of salt, and toss well. Add the cooked onion mixture, stir well, and spread them to make a bed for the hens—a snug single layer in the center of the pan.
- Take the hens out of the marinade (don’t scrape any off, but do leave behind anything left in the bowl) and put them on the potato-onion mixture, with a few inches of space between each one. Roast until the hens are golden brown with some dark patches and poking the thighs reveals juices with no trace of pink (a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast should register 150°F), 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let the hens rest in the pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a platter to serve.
RESTAURANT-STYLE MARINATED SIRLOIN STEAKS RECIPE: MEAT ...
Here's a marinade that adds flavor and tenderness to lean top sirloin.
Provided by WEBMD.COM
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In an 8-cup measure, whisk together balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, honey, olive oil, pepper, Worcestershire, onion, salt (if desired), and cayenne.
- Place steaks in a shallow glass dish and cover with the marinade. Turn to coat both sides well. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for up to two days.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Lightly coat the grill grate with canola cooking spray or oil. Add steaks and grill 5-7 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the steak and the desired doneness. Throw away any leftover marinade (because it has raw meat juices in it).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 313 calories, ProteinContent 32.5 g, CarbohydrateContent 19.3 g, FatContent 10.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.8 g, CholesterolContent 58.8 mg, SodiumContent 533 mg, SugarContent 14.7 g
More about "marinated onion recipes"
TASTY MARINATED TOMATOES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 10 minutes
Cuisine Europe, Italian
Calories 91 calories per serving
- Arrange tomatoes in a large shallow dish. Combine remaining ingredients in a jar; cover tightly and shake well. Pour over tomato slices. Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
PINEAPPLE-MARINATED CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Total Time 30 minutes
- Serve the chicken over rice and top with the reserved pineapple salsa.
PORK TENDERLOIN | PORK RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
Total Time 1 hours 35 minutes
Calories 353 calories per serving
- First, make the marinade. Peel and chop the onions and garlic.
- Heat a splash of oil in a pan over a high heat, then cook the onion and garlic for 10 minutes, or until softened and starting to colour.
- Meanwhile, soak the chipotle and ancho chillies in hot water. Pick the coriander leaves and set aside, then finely chop the stalks.
- Drain and chop the chillies, then add to the pan with the coriander stalks, cumin, paprika and thyme. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar, tomato purée, brown sugar, orange zest and juice, a pinch of sea salt and black pepper and 400ml of boiling water.
- Bring back to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until glossy and thick.
- Allow the mixture to cool, remove the thyme stalks, then blitz in a food processor until smooth.
- Place the pork in a snug-fitting roasting tray and pour the marinade over the top, submerging the pork. Marinate for 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/450°F/gas 7.
- Remove the pork from the marinade, brushing off any excess, and transfer the mixture to a saucepan for later. Return the pork to the roasting dish and roast in the oven for 8 minutes, so it forms a lovely gnarly crust.
- Reduce the oven to 160°C/325°F/gas 2–3 and cook for 5 to 7 more minutes, or until the pork is tender and slightly pink in the middle.
- Cover the pork with tinfoil and set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Put the pan of marinade on the hob, adding in any juices from the pork. Let the mixture reduce over a medium-low heat for 10 minutes, or until sticky and delicious. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil for a glossy sauce.
- To make the rainbow salad, soak the corn for 10 minutes, then drain and cook in a pan of unsalted boiling water for 10 minutes. Remove and leave to cool.
- Finely shred and place the cabbage in a bowl with the vinegar and a pinch of salt, then scrunch it all together.
- Cut the cooled corn kernels from the husk, thinly slice the radishes, then peel the carrots into ribbons with a speed-peeler. Cut the lettuce into wedges. Add the veg to the cabbage mixture and toss well.
- Make the avocado salsa by scooping out and mashing the avocado flesh. Finely chop the chilli (deseed if you like) and spring onions, then roughly chop the reserved coriander leaves.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl with the lime zest and juice and enough oil to get a texture you like.
- Warm the tortillas in a dry frying pan or in a foil parcel in the oven at 170°C/340°F/gas 3 for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Slice the pork thinly, pile on a platter and drizzle over any juices. Serve with the warm tortillas, rainbow salad, salsa, reduced sauce and lime wedges.
AL PASTOR MARINATED PORK RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
Total Time 8 hours 40 minutes
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat with a squirt of oil. Add the pork and bacon and cook. When the meat is cooked through, add some diced pineapple if using.
MARINATED AND GRILLED OCTOPUS - OLIVEMAGAZINE
Total Time 2 hours
Category Fish and seafood
Calories 400 calories per serving
- Heat a griddle pan to high, and drain the octopus from the marinade. Sear the pieces for 2-3 minutes until heated through and starting to crisp and char. Transfer to a serving plate and sear the remaining pieces. Squeeze over the lemon, add a pinch more oregano and a little sea salt to serve.
MARINATED CUCUMBER, ONION, AND TOMATO SALAD RECIPE ...
10 BEST MARINATED PORK TENDERLOIN RECIPES - YUMMLY
10 BEST MARINATED BEEF TENDERLOIN STEAK RECIPES - YU…
MARINATED PORK TENDERLOIN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
HOW TO MAKE MARINATED TOFU: 26 TOFU MARINADE RECIPES
40 ONION RECIPES WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE | TASTE OF HOME
12 MARINATED GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPES | BEST GRILLED ...
20 GREEN ONION RECIPES TO USE UP A BUNCH - A COUPLE COOKS
20 GREEN ONION RECIPES TO USE UP A BUNCH - A COUPLE COOKS
VINEGAR MARINATED CUCUMBERS (CUCUMBER SALAD) | FAVORITE ...
MARINATED BEEF KABOBS - RECIPETIN EATS
FRENCH ONION SOUP | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
CATEGORIES - LIFESTYLE - ALL 4
TOAD IN THE HOLE WITH ROASTED ONION GRAVY | RECIPES ...